Blue Bayou WooHoo!

It's "harder" to get a dinner table in the sense that if you shoot for the 11:30 time, you know that's the first seating of the day. You may have to wait a bit at 5:20. But they do ask and make a note if it is a special day and for that reason I think they'll try extra hard for you. Be sure to wear a b-day sticker from Main St.! :wizard:

I made my PS! :> One Question: Was I supposed to get a confirmation number along with the PS? They didn't give me one.

You dont need a confirmation number with a reservation. When checking in, you will just need to give the hostess your last name and she will be able to pull up your ressie. I ate there with a buddy of mine on Sunday 8/28 for lunch. We had a 11:30 reservation and checked in at about 11:15. We asked for a water seat at that time and were told by the hostess that most of the 11:30 reservations were guaranteed water seats, since those reservations open up the restaurant. They called us in at about 11:35 and we were the first to be seated!!! So we got the table right in the middle by the water. It was the best seat by far! It was awesome watching the boats go by. There was this one guy on a boat that asked us to throw him a bread roll and another that asked for a refill on his ice tea. LOL! It was quite entertaining though and the ambiance was beautiful. Check my Day 5 trip report coming soon for more details on BB.

Yes, I agree...celebrating at Blue Bayou on your b-day (and wearing a b-day sticker from City Hall) with your PS is great. We got waterfront dining and they took us 5 minutes after we got there (and we arrived 30 minutes before our PS)!

Amazing service from the Cast Members there :paw:

Woohoo!! :jumping1: Just got off the phone with Disney Dining, and I officially have an 11:30am PS for Blue Bayou! I made sure to tell them it's a special occasion. pirate:

My mom is going to have the happiest 50th birthday! :bday:

Hi, everyone!
I know that there's a big draw in trying to get a water table at BB, but ...
When we were there in June, we had an 11:30 PS for a party of 5.
We checked in about 30 minutes early and were told to come back at 11:15.
I had requested a water table when I made the ressies, but when we were seated, there were no water tables available.
I was a little disappointed, but it ended up working out okay!
There were a lot of rowdy teens riding POC that afternoon and they were yelling and screaming in the boats.
We were about 3 rows from the wall and they were still pretty loud.
I can't help but be glad that we didn't sit at a water table.
Plus, my kids tend to be distracted during meals and I think they would have spent more time watching the boats than eating!
Our server was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the kids loved the pirate hats and gold chocolates.
So glad that we ate there, for our 1st trip to DL.
Enjoy!
Rose :)

Where can I find the menu? We have some, um, less than punctual people in our party and I'm not losing my chance at a waterside table because of them.

Besides, I'm not hanging out waiting for them either!

We have a 3:00 PS on 11/5 and was wondering if anyone knew the chances of a waterside table for this time.? We are going to check in 20 minutes early.

My sister and I went last Thursday and we got in at 12:40 for lunch. We didn't get a waterside seat, however, we were pressed for time and couldn't wait for one. I still love the atmosphere no matter where I sit. We ordered the French Quarter Chicken Florentine and split it. OMG, that's sooooo good! The clam chowder is a wonderful start and then the desserts are to die for! If you have room, that is.

goofy370 said:
We have a 3:00 PS on 11/5 and was wondering if anyone knew the chances of a waterside table for this time.? We are going to check in 20 minutes early.

You may just have to wait until one becomes available at that time. You can ask when you check in and they will let you know!

SO jealous! I miss that restaurant! Haven't been in forever!

Have a great time!!!!!

laura&fam said:
Where can I find the menu? We have some, um, less than punctual people in our party and I'm not losing my chance at a waterside table because of them.

Besides, I'm not hanging out waiting for them either!

Here's the Blue Bayou lunch menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_bay.htm

and the dinner menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_bayd.htm

and the children's menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_bayk.htm

Just to note, I'm pretty sure they won't seat you until your entire party is there -- so you might want to threaten those slackers with walking the plank if they don't show EARLY. ;)

They won't seat you until the entire party is there. Others have posted differently but I've always heard them make parties wait. And frankly, that's how it should be. It's rude to have a table here where people are always waiting and have people arrive willy-nilly.

I've eaten there several times and only once were there rowdy teens shouting, "I wouldn't want to eat there anyway," and dumb things like this and it was only 1 boat.

3:00 should be a good time because you're late for the lunch crowd and too early for dinner. But come early and request nicely as soon as you arrive.

To the birthday mom - be sure to get her a sticker at city hall.

If anyone can't get a water table and the wait is too long, request one in the second or third row middle. If you are too far to the right or left you get more artificial light that takes away from the atmosphere. All in all, just stay away from the bathroom and the entrance. And enjoy! :wizard:

Ok Y'all,

I have a couple questions about Blue Bayou.
1) Do they serve alcoholic beverages there?
2) Is the waterfront actually the Pirates of the Caribbean?

Thanks!

Courtney

TexasCourt said:
Ok Y'all,

I have a couple questions about Blue Bayou.
1) Do they serve alcoholic beverages there?
2) Is the waterfront actually the Pirates of the Caribbean?

Thanks!

Courtney

To answer your questions:

1. No, there are no alcoholic beverages served at Disneyland, with the exception of at Club 33.

2. Part of the ride is visible from the waterside seating.

We arrived about a half hour early and were lucky enough to get a waterside table. DH was not happy about spending the money for it, so we ordered two meals for 4 of us (DS21 and DD14 were with us), and told the kids they could get something later if they were still hungry. All 4 of us loved the experience and unfortunately for DH, :rotfl2: we plan to do it again next time we go to DL (April 06). :Pinkbounc Our waiter treated us well even though we split meals and even offered to take our picture after we ate. It was an experience I will never forget!! Debby

Courtney, yes, the "water view" we talk about is the actual ride, Pirates. You are part of the ride! It's a large "room", a night scene, where the boats go by little shacks, one with a man rocking on the porch, with fireflies. It's such a clever idea. :cool1:

Run a search for it for details. And it's in the faq as well. It's a private club a door down from the BB entrance but you cannot even see anything beyond the outside of the door unless you have been invited by a member. One of the tours lets you see just the entrance to it. The food is pricier than BB but even better and it has smallish cozy charming rooms with wonderful touches. Sometimes large corporations buy memberships so they can gift clients this way.

CaliforniaDreamer said:
To the birthday mom - be sure to get her a sticker at city hall.

If anyone can't get a water table and the wait is too long, request one in the second or third row middle. If you are too far to the right or left you get more artificial light that takes away from the atmosphere. All in all, just stay away from the bathroom and the entrance. And enjoy! :wizard:
Thanks for the hints. We just made an 11:30 reservation for our friends 50th birthday. Operator took birthday information but (like everyone else has reported) in terms of water seating, it was "ask when you check-in". I'm hopeful the birthday sticker and birthday note in the ressie might carry some weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter