BL 7.1 Green Team!!!

Good Morning Green Team

I am your host (your ghost host) for this week. I volunteered for this week since I start spring break at 2:15 this afternoon.:banana::banana::banana: I have the first few days off by myself before dh joins me on Thursday for his spring break. I go back the Tuesday after Easter and he has that entire week off. He will be going to Washington DC with the boy scouts on that Thursday so I get another mini vacation with him not around.

Here is what I told the other team about the COW points for this week:

Please don't send me your COW numbers until next Friday. SInce we are keeping the same COW for this week you might as well just send me your numbers then.

Don't forget to vote for out clippie for this challenge. Thanks corriniak from the purple team for coming up with 3 great choices. If you look at my avatar you can probably guess who I am going to vote for but any of those three are great.

I am up a 1 for this first week. But considering that I have been to three formal functions in the last week that is not too bad. I had a Boy Scout dinner where my dh won an award for all his work getting boys to the rank of Eagle. He has worked with at least 18 from our troop alone and then many more in some of his other work with council. I went to the local high school's play dinner (I helped with the costumes) this past Sunday night. Last night I went to a dinner where they were honoring a friend of dh. The guy they were honoring was a teacher for 40 years and a public office holder including mayor for 35 years and also ran the rec dept in his town for over 40 years. It was fun night for him. Jack Ford from NBC was there to honor him (he was Jack's teacher in high school) and at our table was the head writer for the Guiding Light who was also a former student.

Question of the Day
What is your favorite type of exercise?

When I am really into exercise (which I haven't been since Oct when I had the shingles yes I know I am a mess) I love yoga and swimming. A couple of years ago during the summer I would wake up at 5:30 do a half an hour of yoga and then swim for 20 to 30 minutes. I couldn't do that last summer since the liner in the pool went and we didn't want to replace it. I hate to get into cold water but at 6 in the morning the water is almost as warm as the air so it usually feels real good.

Have a great day everyone. I will check in later tonight after we pick up ds2 from college.

My favorite exercise is anything cardio- unlike most women I love to sweat to feel a great workout. With that said I didn't ever like aerobic classes- loved Step class but that was it.Free weights I love too but yoga and pilates I just can't get.

Linda

Miniefan – Hope the sun comes out for you today. My family knows that I work on solar power, too many days without it and I’m just not worth anything.;)

Corrinak – The clippies are great, thanks for the hard work on them. I have to say that I love Jiminy too.:thumbsup2

DisneyFamof5 – Welcome to the Green Team, glad to have you join us.:yay:

donac – Thank you so much for coaching this week. Enjoy your time off and then the mini vacation without dh. :banana:

Question of the Day

I love walking outside with DH. It gives us a chance to catch up from the day and if there is anything we need to discuss regarding the kids we can do that without extra ears.

I will be back on in a little while after I WI this week.

QOTD- What is your favorite type of exercise:

The answer to this is complicated right now, since I am so out of shape this time all the exercise I am doing feels really hard, but when I was really into fitness and loosing weight before I really enjoyed doing the free weights and the eliptical and stair stepper, right now I could barely do 5 minutes on the stair stepper without passing out. Also, I really like sports especially softball or playing catch football with the kids. I know most wouldn't think so but I sort of consider it exercise when I go to the beach in the summer because I always take a long walk thru the sand collecting shells and sightseeing and then the rest of the time is spent swimming with my kids so at least there is a lot of movement going on.

TammyNC- It is not raining today, yay!! Today is the jump rope for heart at DD's school so I have to go there and my Granpa is having a heart ablation today so I have to be there also, so probably won't get to make it to the gym again today. I really need to get a treadmill or something here at home for the days I can't make it to the gym. We have two sets of stairs I guess I could just run up and down them all day.

Have a great day everyone, please remember to vote for our clippie.

Welcome to the green team Disneyfamof5!!

Kim

Good morning Green Team!

Just popping in to say hello and thank YOU for your very kind words - it was entirely my pleasure to make up a few clippies for your team. I hope you enjoy whichever one you choose.

Your conversation about asparagus is making me hungry! I love that stuff. Especially in a frittata!

Have a great weekend! :thumbsup2

Good morning fellow greenies...

I want to thank all of you who are doing so much to make this group a great and fun place to come when I need a bit of a reminder to make good choices...

QOTD - I've always been a swimmer--love to swim and when we lived in a real city I would swim everyday. Now the closest indoor pool is about 90 minutes away so no swimming for me--until summer season at the local pool. So other than that it would have to be walking--which is also a bit limited by weather--but when it's OK outside I love listening to the birds as they are waking up to spring.

For the WI I am down 1 pound--so at least it's moving in the desired direction... today I want to take my measurements so I have another way to judge success (most of my clothes are stretchy kind so tight clothes loosening up doesn't do anything for me).

Good luck and have a fabulously disney-like day!!
:) Liz

Good morning Green Team! Just back from vacationing in San Francisco and catching up on our thread.

Welcome new members and thanks to our coaches. And another thanks to Donac for extending the COW this week -- now I won't feel like I am starting behind right off the bat!

QOTD Sunday - How about a fun one for today...Who is your favorite character to meet/see in the parks?

I have to say that I always love Mickey or seeing the princesses in their pretty costumes.

QOTD Monday - What is your favorite breakfast food??

I am a plain old toast or bagel kind of girl but am going to try the steel cut oats in the crockpot because they sound delicious!

QOTD Tuesday - What are your summer plans?[/

We are going to DL for three days in June and then to Lake Okoboji for our annual family trip in August.

QOTD Wednesday - How about a Disney question today??? What is your favorite ride or show at WDW or DL?[/SIZE][/B]

My favorite show is the big screens in Animation Studios at DL -- I need to find them at WDW in December. My favorite ride is Pirates at DL and Expedition Everest at WDW.

QOTD Thursday - Name a vegetable that you have never tried.

I have never fixed an artichoke!

One vegetable that I have never tried before is asparagus. Not sure why, but just never have.

Roasted asparagus is great. Just toss it with a little olive oil, kosher salt and pepper and roast it in the oven at 400 until done.

Question of the Day

Okay, now I have to admit that I do not like to exercise at all. I know that is part of my problem and I have to get over it. That is my big goal for this challenge. I walked all over San Francisco this week -- up and down hills :scared1: -- so now I am going to add walking around the block or the wiifit if the weather doesn't cooperate for 30 minutes a day.

Thanks Tammy for teaching me how to multi quote -- I've been on the Dis for over three years and never figured out how to do that! A new Disboard skill!:goodvibes

Whew! I think that I am caught up now! Have a great day everyone and go do something nice for yourselves!

Dona,
I am your host (your ghost host)
:lmao: As a former teacher, I know you'll enjoy your break!! Thanks for volunteering some of your time for us!

QOTD: I must say walking is my thing!! :) All of the events in my signature (and I only put the Disney ones there) have been walked.

Great job, team, on losing or not gaining too much!! I, too, am seeing the scale move in the right direction! :woohoo: This is the first time I've seen this number in a looooooooooong time. I'm a little concerned because on Tuesday I'm off to my mil's for 6 days. No internet, no treadmill, bad neighborhood to walk in....I AM bringing an exercise DVD as she will be at work for 2 days. After that, it will have to be strength training in the flowerbeds!! ;) I'm already planning snacks and meals for this trip, so it will be interesting to see if I can at least maintain. She will let me cook, so that's good..but she's already told me we're going out at least twice..gulp!! :guilty:

Have a wonderful weekend!! :goodvibes Anne

Hello Green Team! My name is Denya and I'm new to Disboards and even newer to the BL challenge. I'm a SAHM to a 6 year old son and a 1 year old daughter. I'm also a military wife that has struggled with weight my entire life. I would love to be 165 for my first WDW trip in June. I'm going to try to shred the pounds with a Low Carb diet and the Shred DVD. Is anyone else doing Low Carb? I haven't read all the previous post but I'm about to grab a cup of coffee and start reading. Good Luck Everyone!

Welcome to the new Green Team members.:cool1:
I'm happy to say that I'm down 3 pounds this week. I managed to get out and walk on only one day - but hey, it's more than last week. ;) I actually despise exercise, but of everything I've tried, I enjoyed the Walk Away the Pounds videos the best.
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Good evening everyone, and congrats to all who have lost, and hugs to those who gained or maintained. Patience and persistence and we will all be big losers.
I am a gainer this week, after a few challenging days. Better yesterday and today, and planning to stay on track. Not enough free time to catch up on the thread, so I'm hoping with some rain coming tomorrow that I'll have some computer time to read through all of the past days posts.
The clippies are adorable, hard to pick one. Thanks Corinnak.

Hope everyone has a good, on track weekend. I'm going to ww in the morning to pay the piper there, and next week will see a loss.

Thanks Tammy for coaching, and welcome Dona!! Enjoy your vacation Dona. It's so nice to have time off.

QOTD Wednesday - How about a Disney question today??? What is your favorite ride or show at WDW or DL?

Oh my, I just cannot pick one - I love Soarin, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates and the Great Movie Ride.

Also like Tower of Terror.

But I love - Toy Story Mania.

Someone said that they could just live at Disney - me too. I could never tire of going there.

Linda:tinker::donald::dumbo::mickeyjum

Ok - the rest of the QODs.

Please forgive me, I have not learned how to multi quote yet.

A vegetable I have never tried? Most of them, I am not a vegetable lover I am afraid. I have never tried eggplant, artichokes or spaghetti squash, just to name a few.

Favourite exercise - still love to walk when I in the mood.

Down three pounds this week and did all the COW. Pretty good, but was sick one day.

Anyway, have a magical losing weekend folks! Go green!:cheer2:

Linda
:tinker::donald::dumbo::mickeyjum

:banana::banana:I'm down this week 1.4:cool1:I think I have finally broken through the plateau I've been stuck on for the past few weeks.

:confused3 What is COW? I"m still a DIS and BL newbie and haven't figured out what COW is.

COW = Challenge of the week. It is just a little something extra to work on to help us develop good habits -- the current COW is on post 93. It doesn't take long to catch on to the various abbreviations. Good luck!

Thank you to all who have sent me their weights. I still need weights from 6 green team members. I would also like to announce your newest members: 50sJayne and Mickey Magic! Please give them a big Green Team welcome!

I had all good intentions to get back on here yesterday but just never made it. I am happy to report I was down a pound yesterday. At this point, every ounce down is a good thing:thumbsup2.

Great job for everyone that had a loss this week. If you maintained or gained don't let it get you down, keep plugging away and you'll see a loss next week.

Welcome to our newest members, join right on in with us.

Remember to get those WI's to the weight keeper...it would be great to have perfect attendance:cool1::cool1:.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

Congrats to all the losers!!!!!!!!!! I am a gainer this week-1 lb. Every other day here the weather is awful and I go right into a funk if the sun is not out.

Linda

Good Saturday Morning everyone. It is warm but very windy here in jersey.

I started vacation by picking up ds from college. We have a memorial service to go to today for someone who worked with our Boy SCout troop and helped my sons get their Eagle badges. So the entire family is going this afternoon. I think then I am going with ds2 to see a local version of High SChool Musical. A friend of his is in it.

Question of the Day
What do plan to change for the up coming week?

If you don't want to change anything tell us something that worked for you.

I plan on trying to get back on track with my exercise program. I am planning to try to keep on my school schedule so that when I go back to work it I can keep up with the exercise.

Have a great day everyone. Welcome to all the newcomers. If you haven't sent in your weight please do so today. Let's have 100% for the first week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter