Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Oh how fun! Another trip in the works. Too bad we'll miss by one day! we get there on the 27th.

(now with the 4/3 deal I somehow worked our once in a lifetime BWCL last year into a new week there again! BUT HONEY WE'RE SAVING LIKE $2100!! I worked my magic and here we come again)

We have yet to try a budget. Although the Pop would be our choice. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I also have to do some backround reading last I stopped you were on the last day of the honeymoon trip and now there are DAUGHTERS! I have some major catching up to do!

She's been around, just busy.

I'm here!! I wanted to be funny about the POP century plans, But really I am just happy for the Buttery Biscuits.

We love POP I think I would pick that even if I won the lotto. It seems like home to us. We are actually in ASMU this time around, and I feel like I cheating on pop.

:woohoo:

I'm here!! I wanted to be funny about the POP century plans, But really I am just happy for the Buttery Biscuits.

We love POP I think I would pick that even if I won the lotto. It seems like home to us. We are actually in ASMU this time around, and I feel like I cheating on pop.

Hi :wave2:

Great to see MTK hasn't been banned!

Also, thanks brookelizabeth for the explanation-

reminds me of a similar incident involving a cousin of my husband around a dark campfire. I'm sure he was just as shocked as Tammy when someone reached out and fondled his leg!! :scared1::scared1:

Holy Cow, I was mortified!

If the girls get their heart set on going to the Magic Kingdom, I do not want to have to face the potential meltdown that would erupt when having to explain that we can’t because we already visited Epcot. One thing having two daughters has taught me is that the more drama you can avoid, the better.
[/B]

This is not only true for just girls. Our greatest meltdown was in DHS then MGM Studios...picture my DS now 9 but was 4 then. After 4 days of Disney in the HEAT just all of a sudden throwing himself down on the pavement screaming. :scared1: It was one of those moments you almost say.."that's not my kid" He was just too hot and needed a break, but didn't say anything to me about being hot or tired. Oh well I learned a lot that year on my plans for touring!

Picking the POP!

I had to laugh at this one...even snorted a bit of my coffee too. Am I the only one who see's a little boy using his finger to dig for gold? Maybe I'm just warped!

Great update...as always tuned in for the next. popcorn::

reminds me of a similar incident involving a cousin of my husband around a dark campfire. I'm sure he was just as shocked as Tammy when someone reached out and fondled his leg!! :scared1::scared1:

:rotfl: We know it is just a matter of time :lmao:

I think everyone's covered the wonders of Pop for you. But I wanted to remind you to keep checking your fares on SW. If the rate goes down, call and have them move it to the lower rate. They'll take the extra funds and put them on account for you to use sometime in the next year!

This is my DS's FAVORITE part of Pop. When I tried to talk he and DH into upgrading to a mod this year I got thoroughly outvoted :laughing:
Awesome! I can't wait to get there and see the place in person!

I recall the refridgerator incident with SIL Tammy.

Tammy and First Lady Mrs. Biscuit are twin sisters. One day Tammy was bent over at the fridge and in walks GB seeing a familar heiny at the fridge.

Unfortunatly that was a twin heiny...and he found out about 0.8 seconds after a little squeeze on said heiny...OOPS!

There ya go GB - did I remember it pretty well?
You did good! :thumbsup2

SCORE on extra days! Extra days at Disney surpasses a Studio DVC.
:teacher: That's good Disney math right there.

We stayed for one night at Pop in November. It was even prettier in person. It's a really, really neat resort. And has some really beautiful parts! The only thing I didn't like was the INSANITY of the food court during peak meal hours. It's flooded with people, strollers, kids climbing and laying everywhere.

But the choices at the food court are awesome. Plus, you can get frozen Cokes in your refillable mug there! Hello, yummy! Just be prepared for mayhem at peak meal times.
Good to know! Thanks!

It's a cart GB!
You got it. :sad2:

People from Wisconsin call drinking fountains bubblers. Now THAT is weird.
:lmao:

I am so happy you chose POP!:thumbsup2 My DD5 love love loves the Hippy Dippy Pool!:lovestruc We just returned from the POP and we had another great stay! I am so excited for your daughters they are going to love it! On a side note make sure you have some time to stop by the arcade, my daughter loved it in there too! Enjoy!:woohoo:
I’m definitely happy we went with this one. The more I hear about it, the more I know we’ll love it!

We thought Pop was great when we stayed there two years ago. DD was 6 and enjoyed everything! We were in the 50's section and swam at the bowling pin pool most of the time, except when dh took dd over to try out the Hippy Dippy. They both decided it was too crowded that day and returned to our never-crowded bowling pin. Also, the food court had lots and lots of options with the dining plan!:thumbsup2
My youngest really likes the pictures of the Bowling Pin pool because she loves Wii bowling. REALLY loves Wii bowling. Have you ever been beaten at video game by a 5 year old? It’s a bummer, let me tell you. But I’m not bitter. Cause I’m the dad and I let her win. Yeah. That’s my story.

I can't believe you're just a month away--waiting till Dec. is pure torture here!
I can’t WAIT. I remember back when we booked and June seemed like a lifetime away. It really does go by quickly though.

What'ya kbow, I worked at POP for about 1 1/2 years. Stuff like that happens when you work at a place for 37 years. Anyway, very cool place, you'll love it!
Awesome!

Try the adult breakfast platter and the Chciken meditteranian flatbread..
Thanks for the tip! Will do.

leaving at o'dark thirty before the butt crack of dawn (haven't heard those phrases is a while but they made me chuckle!) will be tough but it's not like you'll be able to sleep that night anyway so might as well be on your way!
Now that much is true. They really nailed it with that “I’m too excited to sleep!” commercial.

Well let life interfere with Dis surfing and GB post not 1 but 3 new posts! Our family has no plans (as of yet I'm still working on DH) as to when we'll go back to WDW but I'm feeling the excitement of your family's trip. I'm so excited for your girls to experience it all.
Thanks! They are anxious every night to mark another day off of our countdown poster.

Now I do have to give you kuddos....whether you are still in "Basics" or in the more advanced levels of training at least you know you need training...my DH on the other hand still believes he is in charge of all that happens in our house. :confused3 Did I mention that we have 2 girls.....yeah he's so not in charge....in fact he's just being dragged along by one hand on the good days.
But that's okay cuz both girls are daddy's girls and we all love him so we let him think he's in charge!:love:
That just had me cracking up.

She's been around, just busy.
Gotcha! I’m so happy MTK stopped by a few posts down!

Oh how fun! Another trip in the works. Too bad we'll miss by one day! we get there on the 27th.
:eek:

(now with the 4/3 deal I somehow worked our once in a lifetime BWCL last year into a new week there again! BUT HONEY WE'RE SAVING LIKE $2100!! I worked my magic and here we come again)
You can’t argue with that logic!

We have yet to try a budget. Although the Pop would be our choice. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I also have to do some backround reading last I stopped you were on the last day of the honeymoon trip and now there are DAUGHTERS! I have some major catching up to do!
Glad to have you reading along. :welcome:

Thanks MTK! We are definitely looking forward to our first stay on property.

Glad I’m not the only one! :rolleyes1

This is not only true for just girls. Our greatest meltdown was in DHS then MGM Studios...picture my DS now 9 but was 4 then. After 4 days of Disney in the HEAT just all of a sudden throwing himself down on the pavement screaming. :scared1: It was one of those moments you almost say.."that's not my kid" He was just too hot and needed a break, but didn't say anything to me about being hot or tired. Oh well I learned a lot that year on my plans for touring!
We learned quite a bit on our “Training Run”. I’ll be detailing all of that soon.

I had to laugh at this one...even snorted a bit of my coffee too. Am I the only one who see's a little boy using his finger to dig for gold? Maybe I'm just warped!
I hadn’t gone there….but of course

:rotfl: We know it is just a matter of time :lmao:
:rolleyes1

I think everyone's covered the wonders of Pop for you. But I wanted to remind you to keep checking your fares on SW. If the rate goes down, call and have them move it to the lower rate. They'll take the extra funds and put them on account for you to use sometime in the next year!
:welcome: Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely re-check their site.

wheww I just got thru the entire post..... loving it!!!

Just awesome to see the world from back in our kidhood times. I just picked up a coffeetable style book of the Magic Kingdom & Epcot from the late 80's. Morgan I sat down to look at it & she was amazed at the differences from then to now.

We stayed at POP back in Jan. it was great. Kid have already told us that;s the "only" place to stay.
:banana:

wheww I just got thru the entire post..... loving it!!!
Thanks and :welcome:

Just awesome to see the world from back in our kidhood times. I just picked up a coffeetable style book of the Magic Kingdom & Epcot from the late 80's. Morgan I sat down to look at it & she was amazed at the differences from then to now.
I love seeing how the place has changed over teh years. It's amazing just how differnent The World is now compared to even 10 years ago.

We stayed at POP back in Jan. it was great. Kid have already told us that;s the "only" place to stay.
:banana:
We can't wait to see it!

Episode 38 - Season 7 Cast Bio

Thanks for all the posts and comments! After careful deliberation, I have decided to feature the season seven cast in this episode of Biscuit’s Grand Adventure. You already know the what, the when, the where and the how. Logically, the next piece of intelligence needed is The Who. (No I’m not going to start singing “Tommy” but you are welcome to hum it quietly to yourself.) Without further adieu, I give you…us.

GreatBiscuit – I’m not sure if there is much to share that you do not already know, but here goes. I’m the planner, organizer, chief guide and visionary of this particular outing. I have an unfortunate propensity towards self injury, love all things meat, and sometimes startle those in close proximity for no good reason. When it comes to Disney I tend to be a bit nostalgic, an idealist, and a dreamer.

I love both reading and writing and count Barnes and Noble equally among my most favorite and most dreaded shopping destinations. (Love their stuff, dread checking out.) Another random factoid - I don’t care much for coffee, and I prefer salty snacks to sweet. (Which I guess makes me a bit of an anomaly around here.)

Relating to non-Disney things, I am a bit of a cynic and usually have a wisecrack on deck, even when it is not all that appropriate. Like at graduations, weddings and funerals, where I seem to come up with my best material and must suffer through stifling a laugh. Although there are times when I simply cannot help myself. When Tracy graduated from college, it was the first year they held graduation ceremonies in the school’s new multi-million dollar, we’ll beg for money till you die to pay for it, Super Duper Mega-Gym. After standing in the bleachers and singing the National Anthem to open the graduation ceremony, I couldn’t help but yell out “Play Ball!” Which was fun for me, but earned a disapproving glance or two. I did notice at my sister Karlee’s graduation in the same gym some 8 years later that they no longer play the National Anthem as the opening song. You see kids, it’s true. Change starts with you.

I am most looking forward to: my daughters' first WDW experience, my first stay on property, Chef Mickey’s, 'Ohana, first visit to Animal Kingdom, Soarin.

First Lady Biscuit – Tacy loves Disney movies and music. When we got married, we were already well on our way to a fully stocked Disney Movie collection, just from the videos she bought in college. Tracy teaches Pre-K at a local elementary school and after five years, is hoping to move back to higher grade level.

Tracy has been to “The World” twice. Her first trip was when she was 13 years old. She drove down with her family and stayed off site. They did several things in Florida, including a one day trip to the Magic Kingdom. If that sounds vaguely familiar, I would refer to season one of this tale. In fact, it turns out that her family was there the exact same summer as mine. We have been unable to verify the specific dates either of us was at the MK, but it is possible we were there the same day and didn’t even know it. I like to think that at some point, we were in the same queue or watching the Carousel of Progress at the same time. (A long shot I know, but I figure based on school scheduling, there’s a 1.2 percent chance. And like I said, when it comes to Disney, I tend to be a dreamer.) Her second visit has been thoroughly chronicled within the confines of this trip report.

Tracy is also looking forward to seeing Disney through the eyes of the girls, a first visit to Animal Kingdom, staying on site, and (hopefully) experiencing Disney the way it was intended.

Our twelfth anniversary is just a couple of weeks after we return so we will be celebrating that while at The World. I’ve been truly blessed to have married my best friend, my soul mate, and someone who can put up with my shenanigans.

Tahlia - DD (ALMOST 7) – (She usually goes by Tahli so think Polly with a T, and for her full name, think Polly with a T + uh at the end.) I usually refer to Tahli as “Princess” and she lives up to it in every way. From her pink walled room, to her pile of dress up clothes, she LOVES princesses of every shape size and color. Tahli will turn seven a week after we get back home. She shares a birthday with First Lady Biscuit, so we will be celebrating them while we are there.

Some of the things that Tahli is most looking forward to include It’s a Small World, Peter Pan’s Flight, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Soarin, and the Princess Story Book Breakfast. She is also VERY excited about staying at the Pop Century and can’t wait to hit up the Hippy Dippy pool.

Hailee (5) – Most days I refer to Hailee as either Hailee Bug or Hailee Jo. (Which bears no resemblance to her middle name, but I like the way it sounds. It’s a Texas thing.) Hailee is our comic relief. Whereas Tahli wants to ensure that everyone is happy, Hailee lives to make everyone laugh. She’s the nickname queen and gives nicknames to everyone she encounters. (I’m Big Boy by the way….which has earned more than one odd look at the grocery store, let me tell you.) Hailee is most looking forward to Pooh's Honey Pots, It's a Small World, the Princess Story Book Breakfast, and SpectroMagic (which she loves to watch on our honeymoon video.)

Hailee’s birthday was a couple of months ago, but to avoid sibling conflict, we will also be celebrating her birthday while we are there.

Papa – Previously introduced in this narrative as Dad, Papa will be joining us for our first four days. This will be Papa’s first stay on property, and his first visit back since the summer of 1990. Papa was as disappointed as I am at the rehab of Space Mountain. Papa is currently dealing with a pinched nerve in his neck so we are not sure how much he can ride.

Papa teaches high school math is the king of time share sales presentations. (I am NOT telling him about DVC!) He is teaching summer school this year so we had to work the trip so that he only misses two days of school.

Nana – Previously introduced as mom, Nana is also going to be joining us for the first four days and has not been to “The World” since 1990. Nana has graciously volunteered to take the girls on the dreaded Teacups. Nana is looking forward to pretty much everything, especially 'Ohana & Le Cellier.

Nana teaches special ed, and is also teaching summer school.

Nana and Papa’s actual anniversary is the first night we are at Disney.

Biscuit’s Nephew Preston (5) – Preston is a ball of energy who rarely stops moving. When he and my girls get together, crazy things can happen. He’ll be coming with my parents for the first four days and staying with them at their room at the Pop Century. I'm not sure what he's most looking forward to, but I'm fairly certain it involves speed. For those you who have followed this narrative from the onset, Preston is Lynnlee’s oldest. He was recently joined by a younger brother, Cooper. He recently told Nana that he’s saved $100 so he can buy THOUSANDS of souvenirs.

Aunt Janna – You may remember Aunt Janna from our early excursions. She is also the one who saved our honeymoon. Recently Aunt Janna took a job in Florida and returned to the Sunshine state. She will be taking a break from her lawyering to join us for our first three days. Aunt Janna’s goal is get everyone in the family to move to Florida. (She already has my vote!)

So here’s the plan. My group of four, my parents, and Preston will all leave here on Thursday and head to H-town. We’ll be spending the night at a motel near Houston Hobby, then flying out EARLY on Friday morning. The seven of us will then check in and get ourselves settled. Aunt Jana will come up Friday afternoon to join us for dinner and some park touring. Jana will stay until Sunday evening and then head back home. My parents and nephew will be heading out Tuesday morning, and the remainder of Biscuit clan will be heading out Friday evening.

Well, that’s about it as far as casting goes. Oh, there is our Dear Dog Pippy. (Known to First Lady Biscuit as “Pipster”, known to me as “Hairy Mongrel Beast”) We will be boarding the little heifer at the vet’s office while we are gone. (Maybe….we’re working on a possible canine alternative.)

I’ll be posting photos as part of the Day 1 TR. Until then, just picture 8 smiling faces eager to skip down Main Street.

Coming up on Episode 39 – Everything old is new.

Last edited:
8 Happy Biscuits!- ready to skip down Main Street. What could be any better??

Your dog sounds fabulous...

and I"m not humming "Tommy" HA!

hmm methinks I have meet your kids before oh wait I have they sound like mine... Morgan was quite the "princess" till she turned 8 then she found Hanna & HSM. I to have a "Bug" we have called DS that since birth. Well it started out as Bugaboo. The name thing is also a Bug thing (he calls my sister moose butt) long story.

Can't wait till Thus.

“Now, when you book four nights we’ll give you three nights free.” What did they just say?
Catchy, wasn't it?! :thumbsup2

I didn’t care too much about non-expiring tickets either so this left me with on thing. “To Hop or Not to Hop. That is the Question.” After mulling it over for about 2.873432 seconds, I decided to Hop.
Oh good! I'm all about the hopping; a certain dramatically-inclined 7 year-old boy being my reason. ;)

At the time we booked our resort package, plane tickets were running around $450 each.
:scared1: :faint: But you're practically next-door to FL! That's insane.

During Spring Break, I got an email from Southwest Airlines about a Fun Saver deal, and was able to book our tickets for $198 round trip each out of Houston Hobby.
:yay: Phew!

(I’m Big Boy by the way….which has earned more than one odd look at the grocery store, let me tell you.)
:lmao:

A pleasure to meet the Biscuit's. :wave:

GB, only 30 more days, woohoo!

Glad you started your pre-trippie, pleasure to meet the travelling clan. :wave:

I am excited for you GB! I can't believe how long you've gone without a trip to the World, and you are going to LOVE seeing everything through the girls' eyes! On-site is just the icing on the cake! Watch out for that Hippy Dippy Pool, though. They are famous for mid-day closings due to kiddie "accidents" :eek: You may find yourselves re-directed to the Bowling Pin every once in a while :rolleyes:

It will be fun counting down the days with you, and I can't WAIT to hear all about it when you get back!!

:) :flower3: princess: :wizard: ;) :love: :3dglasses :blush: There's 8 for you!!
Thanks MTK!

8 Happy Biscuits!- ready to skip down Main Street. What could be any better??

Your dog sounds fabulous...

and I"m not humming "Tommy" HA!
I can’t think of too many things that quite compare! I’ve referred to our dog as many things, but I don’t think fabulous has ever been one of them. (She was an only child for a while and is UBER spoiled.)

hmm methinks I have meet your kids before oh wait I have they sound like mine... Morgan was quite the "princess" till she turned 8 then she found Hanna & HSM. I to have a "Bug" we have called DS that since birth. Well it started out as Bugaboo. The name thing is also a Bug thing (he calls my sister moose butt) long story.

Can't wait till Thus.
Awesome! Everyone needs a Bug. It just rolls off of the tongue.

GB, only 30 more days, woohoo!

Glad you started your pre-trippie, pleasure to meet the travelling clan. :wave:
DOING THE 30 DAY HAPPY DANCE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I am excited for you GB! I can't believe how long you've gone without a trip to the World, and you are going to LOVE seeing everything through the girls' eyes! On-site is just the icing on the cake! Watch out for that Hippy Dippy Pool, though. They are famous for mid-day closings due to kiddie "accidents" :eek: You may find yourselves re-directed to the Bowling Pin every once in a while :rolleyes:

It will be fun counting down the days with you, and I can't WAIT to hear all about it when you get back!!
Thanks AC! I’ve heard the horror stories of “secondary cargo” contamination. We’ll be sure to look before we swim!

Catchy, wasn't it?! :thumbsup2
You know it!

Oh good! I'm all about the hopping; a certain dramatically-inclined 7 year-old boy being my reason. ;)
I understand!

:scared1: :faint: But you're practically next-door to FL! That's insane.
I know, I couldn’t believe the prices when I pulled them up the first time.

A pleasure to meet the Biscuit's. :wave:
As we say around these parts, right back at’cha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter