Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers!

Hi all! VERIZON has a big problem -- no Internet at home
or work. iPhone is not good for serious Dis'ing!
Welcome to all new folks -- will update list and add link
to the COW when I can.

I am excited about this week's challenge is simple but yet it is something that will be doing on a daily basis :) hehe

Dona - Thanks for going easy on us for the 1st COW! ;)

I'm excited to start the BL8 Fall Challenge. It's been an insane week at work (worked thru the weekend, worked till 10pm last night, etc) - so I'll be happy for the support here to keep me sane and on track. This past week I didn't find time to exercise, didn't drink enough water or eat enough produce, and ate more treats than usual. I was letting the stress and the situations dictate my health habits, rather than taking charge. That said, I'm going to go easy on myself these next few weeks - if I can lose anything I'll be happy. Healthy eating will be key since I won't be working out as often. One bright spot in my work schedule is that I'm not sitting at a desk nearly as much - being on site gets me out of my chair and walking around more.

See you all tomorrow morning after weigh in!

QOTD (Question of the Day) If you were at WDW or DL right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?

right at this moment I would be putting PJ's on the kids at the park wit EMH's before loading them on the bus. They always fall asleep on the way back. then I would be getting a work out because I carry DS8 while DH carries DS7 and DS13 carries DD3.

ETA:
If I were at DL, I would be staring at my map dumbfounded because I haven't been there since I was somewhere around 7, the 25th anniversary of DL.

Question on the COW, the water thing we are talking about 8 ounces for each glass, right? I should be able to get that in, DH is at Walmart now getting water.
DH and I are headed to New Jersey to get my 1960 Mini so I won't be able to check in until nighttime. So I will be posting late as usual.

I should get the weigh in done before I take the kids to school but we are rolling out right after.

Oh and I swiped one of the kids composition books to keep track of the COWS and such.
I think I will spend my 5 minutes altering the cover of the book so it will look prettier.

Hi Everybody! Welcome to the official start of our Challenge!

If you are reporting weigh-ins, today is the day to do so. Just PM me (LuvBaloo).

I'll be the coach for this week, and I'll try to post the Question of the Day the night before, so its ready for the early risers in the east!

Here we go with the QOTD:
I'm going with a 2-part question today. Since many of us don't know each other, I'll start with something simple: What's the meaning of your DisName? and for part 2: We have all set our own goals for this 14-week challenge, have you got a mini-goal to help measure success along the way? The goal could be a small weight loss, or exercising a number of times in a week, or a belt notch or . . . . .

My DisName is LuvBaloo because Baloo is my favourite Disney character. I was so excited back in 2006 when I was able to get a picture with Baloo and my DD's. :cool1:
For me, I think every 5lb loss is meeting a goal. I'll be buying myself a few flowers next time I reach a 5lb loss.
The other mini-goal for me is when I go to do up my belt and its a notch smaller :cool1: When that happens, I do a little happy dance!:dance3::banana:

Question on the COW, the water thing we are talking about 8 ounces for each glass, right? I should be able to get that in, DH is at Walmart now getting water.
DH and I are headed to New Jersey to get my 1960 Mini so I won't be able to check in until nighttime. So I will be posting late as usual.

I should get the weigh in done before I take the kids to school but we are rolling out right after.

Oh and I swiped one of the kids composition books to keep track of the COWS and such.
I think I will spend my 5 minutes altering the cover of the book so it will look prettier.

::yes:: I'm sure Dona means 8, 8oz glasses of water.

I have a one litre water bottle I take to work, and if I drink 2 of those, I've got all the water in. :thumbsup2

If I were at Disneyland, I'd probably be eating one of those amazing candy apples from the store behind the Winnie the Pooh ride...which is why I'm signed up for BL 8! :rolleyes1 Realistically I'd be riding whatever DD3 wants (usually Dumbo, the carousel, or Teacups) while nagging her to grow faster so she could ride Space Mountain with me!

Corrinak - thanks for posting pics of your medals. I don't have any Disney bling yet but hopefully by this time next year, I'll be able to proudly display my three medals.

I second everything she said about running. I never thought I could run either and in fact, never could until a year and a half ago. I learned about the Disney Half Marathons on Disney podcasts and I got inspired and decided to do it. My first race was a 2 mile local race. It was extremely hard for me but the inspiration I got from people cheering me on as I neared and (eventually) crossed the finish line was the most amazing feeling for me and truly got me hooked. I couldn't wait to sign up for my next race. I moved up slowly. A 5K (3.1 mile), 5 mile, 10K (6.21 miles), and eventually my first half marathon eight months later.

I recommend reading Marathoning for Mortals by Bingham or one of Jeff Galloway's books. They are great for building up your endurance without injuries through the use of the run/walk method.

I also highly recommend the Couch to 5K program (C25K) which can have almost anyone running a 5K in just 9 weeks. Give it a try - http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml - it's free and a great way to burn a ton of calories.

Search http://www.active.com to find a 5K race in your area. This can be a great way to set a goal to motivate you. The excitement of the next big race is always a great way to get me exercising.

Best of luck everyone!

-steve

YAY for the first COW!!! Since July when I switched to only drinking water that one will be easy to do!!! Although it wasn't always that way...I used to be a Dr. Pepper junkie! Taking a few minutes for myself that might be the harder one!!

I'm going with a 2-part question today. Since many of us don't know each other, I'll start with something simple: What's the meaning of your DisName? and for part 2: We have all set our own goals for this 14-week challenge, have you got a mini-goal to help measure success along the way? The goal could be a small weight loss, or exercising a number of times in a week, or a belt notch or . . . . .

My top mini goal that I sent weekly is to try to make sure I work out 5 times a week to an exercise video!! I have worked out 4 times this week and I should be working out right now but I'm a little tired this morning so I'm going to make sure I work out tonight and I still have tomorrow morning!

And to mention the belt notch...2 weeks ago, the last time I used my belt I was on notch 2 sometimes 3, this week I had to move it to notch 4 which was very very exciting because when I bought it the first week of my diet it was very much on notch 1 YAY!!

My DisName is a nickname for my cat, Worf. We call him Worfiedoodles when we're going to brush him. I treat myself at every 5 lb loss. I don't come up with the next treat until I've earned the first one, so it can be timely. Right now I need to pick up some nail polish because I met that goal, and I'm working on a new yoga wrap top. I am excited about thinking about my next goal, because I haven't been that size in a very long time!

Maria :upsidedow

Part 1- Tigger is my all-time favorite Disney character and 813 is my birthdate.

Part 2- I'm going to do what I did with my first 30 (now 20) pounds: I have clothes that are still too tight and I try them on each day to see if they fit. I bought some 10s and 12s that I really want to get into. My original pair of pants was a pair of red jeans! No, it's a pair of size 10 jeans.

Off to drink my water while doing 30 minutes of free step on the Wii Fit.

Good luck everyone!

Going out with a friend to dinner and see Julie and Julia tonight so that's my me time! I will also get back to reading The Time Travelers Wife.

Best wishes everyone!

Are Crystal Light drinks allowed for the water. I need some flavoring if I'm going to drink that much water. I drink some plain and some flavored. I just bought a gallon pitcher and I also have a plain water pitcher (Brita).

Thanks!

My disname is simply my real name. Not much originality there! lol

As far as small goals I haven't really thought of anything yet. :headache:

okay, I just sent in my weight numbers. Not good. I'm up about 10 lbs from the last challenge I participated in (see way below). I knew this b/c I took the summer off from dieting and exercise was minimal. I spent July/August weekends boating almost all day ... with that hot dogs, hamburgs, chili, etc. So that first 10 should be easy to lose, right!

QOTD

Previous. If I was at WDW I'm not sure where I would have been since I haven't been since 2000. But, I'm locked and loaded for December with some of the DIS Unplugged Podcast group. So ... probably taking in some attractions that are new to me like Soarin'.

Current. My screen name is nuthin' fancy. First name, middle initial, and 1st initial of my last name. When I worked at the Disney Store back in 2000 I had the name DizFan but the powers that be could not find my info. SO I lurked for years.

My overall goal is 20 lbs with a stretch goal of 5 additional lbs. I break down the total goal by week (strictly as a guideline) to keep me on track or as close as possible. So approximately 2 lbs per week. I plan to add more weightlifting to this challenge's program. I'm hoping I have to buy new clothes/pants and a belt for WDW.

This challenge, for me, is a little different from my first (and only) because I haven't been doing much in the way (or weigh) of tracking my diet. Last challenge I was already a couples weeks in when I joined. Also, the 7.1 started in late winter/early spring. Days were getting longer, not shorter. Longer days help me get my walking/jogging in after work. Let's hope MA gets Indian Summer through November.

I love the name question! You guys are so exciting and fun!

1) HallsInTheKingdom - Well our last name is Hall so I just went with a name that would put us in WDW and the MK is our favorite park.

2) Mini-goals, well I don't really set mini-goals per say, but maybe I should. I have been adding little "make yourself a better person" each week. Like attending the new church every week, making sure I get up each morning when the alarm goes off and excersise (which I have done each morning this week), and doing more housework/kid time at night instead of sitting in front of the tv.

My husband and I are both trying to lose weight for our cruise at the end of November. This morning I put a dry erase board on the scale and started writting my weight on it. As I was getting ready for work I noticed he has started to write his weight down too. We actually started this journey on tuesday together and have a little bet on who will lose the most weight (%) but he doesn't know I have a secret weapon in this journey, it is my DIS firends and BL8, does he really stand a chance?

Man, this challenge has really made me a big gabber, maybe I should get back to work now.

GOOD LUCK to all my DIS/BL8 friends. Here is to being the best "loser" you can be!

I will be at Pop too in 54 Days!!! :woohoo: Maybe we will see each other there.
If we do, we'll be seeing less of us than we are today!! How long are you going for? We checkin on sun the 8th, and leave onsat 11/14.

Hi all! VERIZON has a big problem -- no Internet at home
or work. iPhone is not good for serious Dis'ing!
Welcome to all new folks -- will update list and add link
to the COW when I can.
:grouphug:How awful for you on our first weighin day! I tried my nephew's iphone once to check my email, and it must have taken me 5 minutes just to type my name in, so I know what you mean about the iphone. Hope verizon has you up and running soon.

right at this moment I would be putting PJ's on the kids at the park wit EMH's before loading them on the bus. They always fall asleep on the way back. then I would be getting a work out because I carry DS8 while DH carries DS7 and DS13 carries DD3.

ETA:
If I were at DL, I would be staring at my map dumbfounded because I haven't been there since I was somewhere around 7, the 25th anniversary of DL.
That is a work out. Your kids must be smaller than my son or you're very strong. He's 7, and I don't think I could carry him. I remember carrying him at 5 a few nights at asmu, and my arms were shaking.

I'll be the coach for this week, and I'll try to post the Question of the Day the night before, so its ready for the early risers in the east!

:
Hi coach! My disname is very boring, and had I know how addicted I was to become to disney and the dis, I would have picked a disney-type name. Mi=son michael, ka= kathy mah= first 3 letters of our last name. It was the name I picked for my email when I first got a computer and I've used it for most things. This was the first place I ever posted a question on a discussion board, or chatted with other people over the internet, and still is the place I come to the most.
My mini goal is to track all my food and exercise, and also to check off the good health guidelines on my ww tracker, which is like the cow.

Thanks dona for the cow. I think it's great to start out with some "me" time right away. We all deserve it.

Here's to a great start to a wonderfully successful challenge.

1.) My husband started calling my older daughter, Shaylen, Shorty as soon as she was born. She has always been his Shorty and, even though she is one of the tallest in her 1st grade class, he continues to call her that. And BUg is my youngest daughter. Her name is Delainey which we shorten mostly to Lainey and when she was born I always called her my lil Lainey Bug. Well, it got even shorter and was just Bug. Most people don't even know her real name because EVERYONE calls her Buggie or Bug. And that's that.

2.) As far as the mini goals....at least 2 pounds a week for awhile, drinking about 3 32oz bottles of water, no coke, only sugary treats every now and then. I've been terrible and getting a 32oz coke and donut every morning before work. I stopped that the 1st and have already lost 2 pounds without the exercise. I really would like to exercise at least 3-4 days a week for now. I always make myself do 6 days when I'm on a weight loss program and I hit a wall after about 4 months where enough is enough and I quit all togther. This time I want to gradually get into it and not be so all or nothing cause I always gain it all back...and then some.

Good morning losers! :yay: I'm sending my weight to Luvbaloo- last time I'll be seeing those numbers. :thumbsup2

I love the screen name question, although I'm with the "noncreative" folks on mine...just my first name (abbreviated) and last initial.

Mini-goals...I really need to do those, and some kind of reward. I'm bad on that, you know what I mean - doing anything for myself?? My weekly goals are to walk 6 days/week and workout 3 days. Every day my walking is a minute or so faster so I'm going to add distance on to stay between 25 - 30 minutes of walking.

Well for the QOTD:
What's the meaning of your DisName? and for part 2: We have all set our own goals for this 14-week challenge, have you got a mini-goal to help measure success along the way?

Mully is my (Irish) Popa's nickname and "sisters" for me and my older sister - she puts up with all of my moods , snits, and general emotional state. We have always gotten along great and never have had a serious argument in 53 years!
We both love Disney and she took me to CSR (my dream resort) for my 50th. She gave me the trip for Christmas even though my bday is in May. She knew I'd want at least 6 months to plan:cheer2:
I've started on my COW:
Being on this board for (at least) 5 minutes a day is one of the best things I do for myself!
I have not set any mini goals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter