Big upgrades?!

This!
Last year when all the openings didn't happen WL was one of them which we were booked for August. When they announced the closure, I called and the CM would only offered DVC rooms with sofa beds in various places, which wouldn't work for my family. So after 7 hours on hold, we ended up at an AoA suite but the CM charged me more for it than what we paid for WL. I just wanted things settled and I hadn't thought it through clearly.

The next day I wasn't happy at all and frustrated we were paying more to stay at AoA than WL. Spoke to Guest Services and she was shocked and said I never should have been charged. I think because of that, they wanted to make it right. She immediately refunded me and moved us to Poly (which of course didn't open, so we went through it all again a few weeks later.... :). )

Definitely speak with Guest Services. CM's don't have the same abilities to make changes they do. As mentioned, within reason.

Edited to add: I did feel pressured when we were moved from WL. If not for these boards, I wouldn't have known what to do the next day (there is a great thread somewhere about resorts not opening).
Yes, if it weren't for these boards; we would have never gotten the crazy good upgrades we got last yr just because I wouldn't have known any better.

For our 2nd stay last yr that needed to be moved; it was a little complicated because originally we were only 4 ppl staying at Sports, but then got upgraded to a family suite at ArtofAni really easily, so I also added a person since we now had the room.

Of course AoA didn't open on time so a few weeks later they were calling trying to get me to switcj to Cabins which I knew we would not enjoy...they did offer me 1 room at CBR (one of our originals was 2, so we'd technically fit, but I would've never added that 5th person without the extra space/bathroom. After 2 more calls; I was eventually offered the 2 bedroom at Kidani...I couldn't pass up a 2 bedroom, sp we jumped on it, but it was not their 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd attempt to move us. Just keep at it; politely of course.

Gees figures! I was booked at Music for 9/28 - 10/3 and just switched to POP on Sunday when I saw it pop up with a discount! Oh well! I'll still enjoy my trip! Would have been fun to get a free upgrade and to see what they would have offered! Congrats to all those being upgraded!

I have had my fingers crossed hoping for a little pixie dust on my upcoming trip, but it doesn't sound like they are upgrading too many Pop reservations. I did however notice they have had some changing rates and resort availability throughout the day.
Moving people from Pop isn’t part of this at all from what I’ve read.

I’m booked
Sept: 1 night ASMU /7 nights POP/ 1 night ASMO
Nov: 7 nights ASMU originally booked CBR LOL
Guess some pixie dust upgrades will occur at some point

I’m booked
Sept: 1 night ASMU /7 nights POP/ 1 night ASMO
Nov: 7 nights ASMU originally booked CBR LOL
Guess some pixie dust upgrades will occur at some point

I wonder if they will move people to CBR in November as well or if it will be somewhere else.

I was thinking the same thing!
However I can’t see any availability at any resort for my week in November.

I was thinking the same thing!
However I can’t see any availability at any resort for my week in November.

Same here! When there was other availability, it was Coronado when I booked. I never saw CBR for my week, but they could still have rooms held back there.

I am happy to say we were upgraded as well. I felt bad asking as I know upgrades are a luck of the draw, now to cross our fingers that our trip still happens. All vaccinated, and we have no contact with anyone high risk, outside of my son going to school. While I feel lots of guilt for going, I need this, for my sanity.

Last edited:
I am happy to say we were upgraded as well. I felt bad asking as I know upgrades are a luck of the draw, now to cross our fingers that our trip still happens. All vaccinated, and we have no contact with anyone high risk, outside of my son going to school. While I feel lots of guilt for going, I need this, for my sanity.
Good for you! How did you manage to get it done?

Good for you! How did you manage to get it done?
I did call back, spoke with guest services. Explained I had thought our reservations were linked, which I did. I was honest though and told them I knew I was not entitled to an upgrade, but any assistance would be appreciated. I also explained I didn’t want my friends to feel like they had to turn down their pixie dust. After an hour on the phone, they were able to make the change.

I have a question about the upgrade calls people have been receiving.
When Disney calls, does it say Disney on the caller ID?
I usually do not answer if I do not know who is calling.

Thanks and safe travels all!😊

So I have a question. If the rumor is true and they are delaying the opening for ASMusic until December or later, that would include my stay in November. My question is whether you have to accept their offer at an upgrade. For example, This will be our first and likely only on-property stay. I will be solo with my daughter and the reason I picked an All Star was for the bigger-than-life childish theming. More for the fun of it for her than luxuries for me. I’m worried they will upgrade us to CBR, which so many have been getting, and we will lose much of the childish whimsy. I wonder if you have to accept their offer or risk losing your reservation. Or can you counter-offer with like POP or AOA? Just trying to gauge what I can do before the phone call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter