Big upgrades?!

I'd be on the phone until I spoke to the "right person" and get a room where your friends were upgraded. Calming state your plans traveling together and "kids together" is a big part of the vacation. GOOD LUCK!
I would try calling a couple times and working my way up the ladder but sometimes even after talking to the manager the answer is still no.

So far this has just been Music rooms? We have a reservation for Movies in Mid-October. I've been checking furiously to move up to Moderate and there's NOTHING available. Pixie dust would be awesome!

So far this has just been Music rooms? We have a reservation for Movies in Mid-October. I've been checking furiously to move up to Moderate and there's NOTHING available. Pixie dust would be awesome!
Movies is currently being listed on Priceline for $80 a night (transparent) for mid-Sept, even though Disney has nothing available at ASMo. I just moved from Music 2 days ago to 2 nights with the $80 rate on PL and 2 nights at CR (direct with Disney). I paid more in the end, but Disney math'ed myself that Movies room was 1/2 the price of Music :D

Not sure if these are block reservations third parties are now unloading? (not sure how that works). Maybe check your October dates on Priceline to see if Movies is listed (then you know it's not full) but also to see if a moderate is listed? Coronado is frequently listed on both PL and HW, especially as dates get closer. On my dates, it's currently listed for $204 on PL (transparent) and a hidden deal for $165 on Hot Wire. (Keep in mind though, since it's the 50th and early in the celebration, it might not pop up.)

I hope you find something!!

Movies is currently being listed on Priceline for $80 a night (transparent) for mid-Sept, even though Disney has nothing available at ASMo. I just moved from Music 2 days ago to 2 nights with the $80 rate on PL and 2 nights at CR (direct with Disney). I paid more in the end, but Disney math'ed myself that Movies room was 1/2 the price of Music :D

Not sure if these are block reservations third parties are now unloading? (not sure how that works). Maybe check your October dates on Priceline to see if Movies is listed (then you know it's not full) but also to see if a moderate is listed? Coronado is frequently listed on both PL and HW, especially as dates get closer. On my dates, it's currently listed for $204 on PL (transparent) and a hidden deal for $165 on Hot Wire. (Keep in mind though, since it's the 50th and early in the celebration, it might not pop up.)

I hope you find something!!
Oh I am strong in the PL/HW game. There seems to be deals up through the end of September. I think you are correct that room blocks from groups or conferences are freeing up and going straight to priceline and hotwire.

I'll keep checking back, but even if we stay at Movies it will be a good trip.

About a month out is when some say they see real movement. It’s when packages are due so people have to start making decisions. Personally I’m a month out from my sept trip and am seeing tons of availability pop up that definitely want there a couple weeks ago.

I have had my fingers crossed hoping for a little pixie dust on my upcoming trip, but it doesn't sound like they are upgrading too many Pop reservations. I did however notice they have had some changing rates and resort availability throughout the day.

I hope we don’t get that call….we are traveling with my mom who has her own room booked separately. I would rather us stay together…but also don’t really care to move to Pop.
Just don't accept anything you don't want. They may try to pressure you, but just say no and don't change anything. If it were me; I'd then call guest relations and explain...eventually they'll give you something acceptable...within reason.

I do find it a bit odd they are moving some people specifically to the pirate rooms. Two double beds instead of two queens sounds like a downgrade despite skyliner access- unless you have a pirate loving kid of course!

If that were true then they'd be moving everyone, no? And OP would not be hitting a brick wall when asking to be moved along with the party they're traveling with. Music is still bookable for random single nights in September on the WDTC London site.
HAHAHA I literally just thought that and updated my post

Great minds!!

Just don't accept anything you don't want. They may try to pressure you, but just say no and don't change anything. If it were me; I'd then call guest relations and explain...eventually they'll give you something acceptable...within reason.
This!
Last year when all the openings didn't happen WL was one of them which we were booked for August. When they announced the closure, I called and the CM would only offered DVC rooms with sofa beds in various places, which wouldn't work for my family. So after 7 hours on hold, we ended up at an AoA suite but the CM charged me more for it than what we paid for WL. I just wanted things settled and I hadn't thought it through clearly.

The next day I wasn't happy at all and frustrated we were paying more to stay at AoA than WL. Spoke to Guest Services and she was shocked and said I never should have been charged. I think because of that, they wanted to make it right. She immediately refunded me and moved us to Poly (which of course didn't open, so we went through it all again a few weeks later.... :). )

Definitely speak with Guest Services. CM's don't have the same abilities to make changes they do. As mentioned, within reason.

Edited to add: I did feel pressured when we were moved from WL. If not for these boards, I wouldn't have known what to do the next day (there is a great thread somewhere about resorts not opening).

I do find it a bit odd they are moving some people specifically to the pirate rooms. Two double beds instead of two queens sounds like a downgrade despite skyliner access- unless you have a pirate loving kid of course!
Tbh almost all the moderates are downgrades in my opinion. Most of them are so incredibly spread out that you are far away from any of the amenities that are suppose to make it a better resort. So far that they have an internal bus system. That is the #1 reason I've never booked a moderate and would always say no to their "upgrade"

I got my call today......mid/late Oct ASMu got moved to AoA Family Suite.

A few hours later I saw the rumor about the delayed opening.

It all makes sense to me.

For yesterday, TP updated their crowd accuracy and they went from 2/3/4 to all 1's for yesterday.

I understand the parks are very empty.

I got my call today......mid/late Oct ASMu got moved to AoA Family Suite.

A few hours later I saw the rumor about the delayed opening.

It all makes sense to me.

For yesterday, TP updated their crowd accuracy and they went from 2/3/4 to all 1's for yesterday.

I understand the parks are very empty.
Yes covid strikes again!!

If that were true then they'd be moving everyone, no? And OP would not be hitting a brick wall when asking to be moved along with the party they're traveling with. Music is still bookable for random single nights in September on the WDTC London site.
My friend that works there doing numbers stuff has been texting me whenever there is a big "room dump" (as they put it) for my trip which is next week, this week it was Villas at GF. So I get to asking them about cancelations and how it's going whenever I get one of these texts, this week I knew how it was going but I still asked. All I got back was "Chapek's head is probably exploding". So I see this post and I texted them to ask if Music was not opening and this is what they said "I haven't heard anything, no one will until right before it happens, that's why they put the warning at the top of the booking screen where you look at what rooms are available just in case they don't open it when they say they are going to". So even though it's still possible to book it, they do have that warning up there, and will continue to have the warning about them having the right to change opening until they actually open, so it's a buyer beware with booking it up until opening day actually happens. They can and will move people if they decide it's not worth opening, but who knows what their current rhyme or reason is. My friend said it's possible they just told those CMs to move a certain block of rooms and that's all the info they got so that nothing leaks out, they do that often.

When I was offered CBR I specifically asked if it was a pirate room before agreeing. It's not that the theming would bother us, but we're simply too tall for the pirate ship beds with the shorter enclosed mattresses.
This!
Last year when all the openings didn't happen WL was one of them which we were booked for August. When they announced the closure, I called and the CM would only offered DVC rooms with sofa beds in various places, which wouldn't work for my family. So after 7 hours on hold, we ended up at an AoA suite but the CM charged me more for it than what we paid for WL. I just wanted things settled and I hadn't thought it through clearly.

The next day I wasn't happy at all and frustrated we were paying more to stay at AoA than WL. Spoke to Guest Services and she was shocked and said I never should have been charged. I think because of that, they wanted to make it right. She immediately refunded me and moved us to Poly (which of course didn't open, so we went through it all again a few weeks later.... :). )

Definitely speak with Guest Services. CM's don't have the same abilities to make changes they do. As mentioned, within reason.

Edited to add: I did feel pressured when we were moved from WL. If not for these boards, I wouldn't have known what to do the next day (there is a great thread somewhere about resorts not opening).
When I called yesterday I ended up with the central reservations guest services department. So based on that it looks like everyone who's getting contacted for a move would already be speaking to a guest services CM.

Th
My friend that works there doing numbers stuff has been texting me whenever there is a big "room dump" (as they put it) for my trip which is next week, this week it was Villas at GF. So I get to asking them about cancelations and how it's going whenever I get one of these texts, this week I knew how it was going but I still asked. All I got back was "Chapek's head is probably exploding". So I see this post and I texted them to ask if Music was not opening and this is what they said "I haven't heard anything, no one will until right before it happens, that's why they put the warning at the top of the booking screen where you look at what rooms are available just in case they don't open it when they say they are going to". So even though it's still possible to book it, they do have that warning up there, and will continue to have the warning about them having the right to change opening until they actually open, so it's a buyer beware with booking it up until opening day actually happens. They can and will move people if they decide it's not worth opening, but who knows what their current rhyme or reason is. My friend said it's possible they just told those CMs to move a certain block of rooms and that's all the info they got so that nothing leaks out, they do that often.
This makes a lot of sense, especially as the resort needs to complete renovations before re-opening. Maybe they were a little ambitious in the reno schedule! If capacity needed to be reduced, they wouldn't have to move everyone, just some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter