Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

The grotto pool always grosses me out…I felt it was. Maybe because was the most crowded.
Most crowded cause it is only warmer pool....

Bah I am soo grumpy that they lied to us again!! What can we do? Many of us are owners. Is there anything in DVC contract that we can force this issue of fixing the heaters in the pools? Or at least be truthful about it.

Last edited:

Bah I am soo grumpy that they lied to us again!! What can we do? Many of us are owners. Is there anything in DVC contract that we can force this issue of fixing the heaters and in the pools? Or at least be truthful about it.

Organize a strike with other owners to not pay your dues? Stick it to them.

J/K, obviously, but as a dues paying member, you should have some say in this issue. Presumably your dues go towards the pool maintenance.

Bah I am soo grumpy that they lied to us again!! What can we do? Many of us are owners. Is there anything in DVC contract that we can force this issue of fixing the heaters and in the pools? Or at least be truthful about it.
I am hoping @disneyfan123 and @Paul Stupin get ahold of the same leaders I did and they realize this is bigger than just some random dude complaining.

I could be wrong about this but I think Defcon 1 is a more urgent/dire situation than Defcon 10!

I'm fascinated/horrified by DVC member celebrations only being for "blue card" members. Disney may not have your initial investment, but they do have the original member's initial investment, plus your annual dues. I understand their desire for profit above all else but the optics of excluding people for something as simple as a small evening event - come on.

It’s truly not even about the perks it’s about the general vibe towards us. For example they have this DVC member starlight celebration which I had no interest in going to in the first place but my children wanted to go (the poster says nothing about no resale members). So I went to sign up. Blue card holders only WHICH is completely fine it is how the CM came across towards us. It is the general attitude as if we aren’t fully worthy enough to even be there. I could care less about all the perks. I’ll pay the $3 for a popcorn bucket refill and the sparkly pool bands suck anyways because they wear off. But don’t treat me with less “magic” because I made a financial decision that was right for my family and in the long run profits the mouse more because I will buy more points resale thus having me consume more of their product in the long run. Perks are not my issue. Attitudes are what I have beef with.

Granted I have never been to another DVC resort so I don’t know what the feeling is there but I assume this is an Aulani only vibe since all you have is the one resort. Maybe the same can be said about HH and VB?

Edit: While it doesn't show it on the app listing, if you go to the Member Benefits section of the DVC Website, sure enough this comes up at a Membership Extra. Sad resale wah wah for me. Pretty dumb considering they let non-member guests in with Direct Members and they use it as a marketing tool to get you to buy more points while you're there. Guess I'll buy more resale, lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVC has been very careful in branding events that are for “eligible members with access to membership extras” with things like TOTWL and Moonlight Magic, etc. Nowhere in here does it say anything about that for the Member Celebration. I wonder if you just got a crappy cast member?

Attachments

• 21A7F5C5-2419-4DDA-A99D-CF2E9F472CDF.png
    21A7F5C5-2419-4DDA-A99D-CF2E9F472CDF.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

I'm fascinated/horrified by DVC member celebrations only being for "blue card" members. Disney may not have your initial investment, but they do have the original member's initial investment, plus your annual dues. I understand their desire for profit above all else but the optics of excluding people for something as simple as a small evening event - come on.

I am fascinated by the fact that people are complaining about things they have known from the beginning.
Anybody that buys resale knows what could potentially happen regarding blue card perks etc. Complaining about it makes no sense at all.

I am fascinated by the fact that people are complaining about things they have known from the beginning.
Anybody that buys resale knows what could potentially happen regarding blue card perks etc. Complaining about it makes no sense at all.

I think if you'll read back, you'll see that the OP wasn't actually complaining about not being able to partake in the member celebration, but rather making a point that he was surprised at the general attitude/vibe toward resale. I'm sure when someone buys resale, they are told that certain perks aren't available, but are they told that they will be treated with "less magic", "as if they aren't worthy", etc?

I have no skin in the game either way, not being a DVC first or second class citizen, but I don't understand why DVC is run in this way.

Lazy river is 79° today; slowly warming up I guess? Spoke with a manager about the pool temps and he is looking into it with maintenance/engineering and will get back to me once he gets the report.

He did admit the boiler was broken and they used old boiler parts to try and fix it.

Last edited:
No where when I researched before buying resale twice did it say I would be treated with a “not worthy enough” attitude. AGAIN I could care less about the perks which I KNEW about since the beginning. If you are saying they are justified in the attitude (not the perks) then I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Lazy river is 79° today; slowly warming up I guess? Spoke with a manager about the pool temps and he is looking into it with maintenance/engineering and will get back to me once he gets the report.

He did admit the boiler was broken and they used old boiler parts to try and fix it.
I thought it was fixed!? Was it the manager I spoke with last week? Straight up lied to my face….this is getting out of hand with the cover up by Aulani I don’t even want to pin it on Disney but I mean come on this is beyond infuriating.

I thought it was fixed!? Was it the manager I spoke with last week? Straight up lied to my face….this is getting out of hand with the cover up by Aulani I don’t even want to pin it on Disney but I mean come on this is beyond infuriating.
No I asked for the names you gave but they weren’t working today. The manager I spoke with seemed genuine (the CM I spoke with on Saturday was less so) and is looking into it so I’ll wait until I hear from him before I make any conclusions. This is rather ridiculous though for the kind of resort Aulani is.

So no real news from the manager; I missed his call but he left a message saying the water was at 79°-80° and that engineering would keep an eye on it.

While that doesn’t explain the cold temperatures when we first got here, it’s been warming up every day and honestly the lazy river was really good today. Hoping it stays that way.

So no real news from the manager; I missed his call but he left a message saying the water was at 79°-80° and that engineering would keep an eye on it.

While that doesn’t explain the cold temperatures when we first got here, it’s been warming up every day and honestly the lazy river was really good today. Hoping it stays that way.
For me it’s that they don’t acknowledge that this has been an ongoing issue for weeks, weeks that are quickly turning into months. It’s such a gaslight.

I wonder if Disney would take this casual approach if I decided not to pay my dues. I’m guessing not.

For me it’s that they don’t acknowledge that this has been an ongoing issue for weeks, weeks that are quickly turning into months. It’s such a gaslight.

I wonder if Disney would take this casual approach if I decided not to pay my dues. I’m guessing not.

Can you imagine?

Disney: Hello, KmK2, it appears your dues have not been paid yet.

You: Really? This is the first I've heard of this.

Disney: Yes, your dues are past due by several days.

You: Hmm. I'll have to look into this and get back to you.

Disney: Well, you need to pay the dues today.

You: I'm sure it's nothing. I'll definitely ask around and get back to you.

Disney: ...

You: Have a magical day!

Can you imagine?

Disney: Hello, KmK2, it appears your dues have not been paid yet.

You: Really? This is the first I've heard of this.

Disney: Yes, your dues are past due by several days.

You: Hmm. I'll have to look into this and get back to you.

Disney: Well, you need to pay the dues today.

You: I'm sure it's nothing. I'll definitely ask around and get back to you.

Disney: ...

You: Have a magical day!
You forgot…
You: I paid my dues two days ago you should see it soon (knowing darn well you didn’t)
Disney: Okay great thanks for being honest with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter