Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

I'm also fully invested in this thread for absolutely no reason (no upcoming or recent trip to Aulani). Go team!

OK - so you know how people pass on pool/beach gear, leftover food items, and so on when they leave? Sounds like it's time for a thermometer and ledger to get passed from one Dis-er to the next. 😂

I would beware planning any trips here in the winter if this topic is important to you. I forsee this being an annual occurance to save money.
Meanwhile I heat my house to 70 degrees when it is -30 outside maybe my annual dues should go to propane 🤣
Undercover Dad has no control of the thermostat at his house either.

Last edited:
As someone who bought into DVC after touring Aulani 3 years ago, I feel pretty sick over how much they have skimped off the top. Some of our favourite things have been taken away: pools are cold, Aunties has limited time, no more lei at check in, scrubs are gone from the spa, AMA Ama
breakfast is gone, buffets are gone, indoor Menehune hunt is gone, and they didn’t even have a working fire for the story time. We were also super disappointed that the one thing we were looking forward to (Members reception) was cancelled, but that was because the stage was wet from earlier rain. They did give us all a lei from
the DVC office, but not all the freebies we would have gotten.

We are still having a great time on our trip, but have a super sour taste in our mouth from Disney’s money grabbing and lack of transparency.
You should ask them about the lei greetings and the fruit water that used to be outside.

No even Uncle said something about it not behaving for awhile now. If you ever get to talk to that guy off line he is really down to earth. He has a notebook he writes down where everyone is from in. He remembered us from last year.
I was there in November and the fire worked for the first few nights, but then stopped working. Uncle made it seem like it occasionally malfunctioned, but that it would be fixed soon. We didn't stick around long enough to find out, but I guess it wasn't fixed soon at all if it's still out now.

They got rid of something as basic as fruit water? Even the Grand Californian offers cucumber water poolside...

a brief refresher of everything DIS has stripped from AUL in the name of cost-cutting:

- lei greeting
- fruit water
- adult pool
- heated pools
- buffet
- AMA AMA breakfast
- working firepit
- restricted hours at Aunties
- restricted numbers at Aunties

did I miss anything?

a brief refresher of everything DIS has stripped from AUL in the name of cost-cutting:

- lei greeting
- fruit water
- adult pool
- heated pools
- buffet
- AMA AMA breakfast
- working firepit

did I miss anything?
-The take home body scrub station at the spa.
- Indoor Menehune scavenger hunt. We asked about this one and they said due to Covid it’s currently not offered.

Last edited:
Due to covid a solo interactive scavenger hunt isn't being offered? What?
Lol I know, our thoughts exactly. Hundreds of people can touch the same serving spoons at the luau and one family can’t walk indoors with an iPad that can be sanitized between families.

Lol I know, our thoughts exactly. Hundreds of people can touch the same serving spoons at the luau and one family can’t walk indoors with an iPad that can be sanitized between families.
Your kids might take out half the Menehune population with germs 🤣

I do find it ironic the night we went to storytelling Uncle told the story of the Menehune and how they build/fix things…I wanted to yell why haven’t they fixed the fireplace?

- lei greeting
- fruit water
- adult pool
- heated pools
- buffet
- AMA AMA breakfast
- working firepit

did I miss
Did I miss some big news is Chapek now the GM of Aulani? Jeeze it’s getting worse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter