Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

Didn't get a chance to check the temp today (our arrival day), but we went into the lazy river a little after 5pm and it was cold; even one of the lifeguards mentioned it was cold. Now, the front desk did notify us that the lazy river was closed when we arrived (around 2pm) for maintenance, as a pump was being replaced, so perhaps that had something to do with it? I'll be checking temps throughout the week and hopefully it improves.

The main pool was warmer, fwiw.
They must know I checked out…boarding a plane now 🤣

It’s truly not even about the perks it’s about the general vibe towards us. For example they have this DVC member starlight celebration which I had no interest in going to in the first place but my children wanted to go (the poster says nothing about no resale members). So I went to sign up. Blue card holders only WHICH is completely fine it is how the CM came across towards us. It is the general attitude as if we aren’t fully worthy enough to even be there. I could care less about all the perks. I’ll pay the $3 for a popcorn bucket refill and the sparkly pool bands suck anyways because they wear off. But don’t treat me with less “magic” because I made a financial decision that was right for my family and in the long run profits the mouse more because I will buy more points resale thus having me consume more of their product in the long run. Perks are not my issue. Attitudes are what I have beef with.
Yep, get used to the attitude too.

Step 1 = differentiate and create tiers of sevice

Step 2 = segment your audience

Step 3 = create a strong emotion for lower tier segments. Usually fomo, a feeling of being left out, or a desire to "attain"

Step 4 = profit

The rule about resale members not being able to attend the member celebration is very odd! We are blue card so we will be going to this in March and we are bringing friends with us who are not members. But I understand they can attend the celebration with us so how is that fair to resale members? On the cruises AFAIK both direct and resale members can attend the member celebration.

When I was there in December, the DVC guide made me wait a few minutes while they double checked that I was a direct member before they gave me the nylon backpack. It was super annoying.

When I was there in December, the DVC guide made me wait a few minutes while they double checked that I was a direct member before they gave me the nylon backpack. It was super annoying.
Oh that is a direct member exclusive? They didn’t ask me for anything just gave me it unsolicited when I visited to see the Maui hook.

So is Aulani the only resort that really shows such different treatment to Direct vs. Resale members?

A bit warmer today, 78°. Tolerable but should still be warmer.

That isn’t tolerable, that’s outrageous.

It seems now like the pattern is established: deny, remove copy promising heated pools from website, admit issue, claim issue has been fixed, and yet pool temps remain below 80 degrees weeks/months later.

Outrageous and wouldn’t accept this from a Days Inn.

Walmart has said they are cutting down on the heat to save money and I believed it when shopping tonight. This could very well be what Disney is doing.

We all need to keep pressure on management as we filter through the resort unfortunately I don’t think we will get much traction here on the mainland from phone calls. So far the only response I got was in person. I may try to make a few phone calls and I did find the GMs Linked In profile so I may go that route. Time to initiate DEFCON 10. Okay maybe not 10 that would involve chaining myself to the Menehune Bridge but maybe 8 or so.

The last two days the Ka Maka Grotto Pool and Wailana Pool have been very busy and we are constantly hearing people talking about the lazy river and Walkolohe Pool being too cold. I never heard back from the pool staff and will follow up today.
The grotto pool was a bit murky as well last week is that your experience?

The grotto pool always grosses me out…I felt it was. Maybe because was the most crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts