Fishing,accelerating modifying and MEP

3DisMunchkins

Mouseketeer
So trying to work my head around all of this!
A few questions…
If I book a LL and modify it for a later time does my next window start after the original time was up (or 2 hours) or does it change when I modify?

Does accelerating with a MEP really help or do you just end up doing all the LL rides earlier then have standby later? I can see this being good if you have multiple MEPs but does it really help with just one and no park hopper?

Of those who’ve done these things…what did you find most effective?
Thanks!

A few questions…
If I book a LL and modify it for a later time does my next window start after the original time was up (or 2 hours) or does it change when I modify?

Does accelerating with a MEP really help or do you just end up doing all the LL rides earlier then have standby later? I can see this being good if you have multiple MEPs but does it really help with just one and no park hopper?

Thanks!
The two hours is based upon when the reservation is first made.

The best thing about Accelerating is that you never have to wait to do an LL attraction. Without accelerating, you might book an LL for 35 mins from now, then you have to kill time, but also don’t have enough time to accomplish much.

It’s also a lot of work to do all the LL attractions (or even most of them) in one day without accelerating. You’ll be back and forth across the park multiple times.

With accelerating it’s no work at all and stress free. With accelerating, you don’t have to worry about giving up an LL for something different or to fish more.

What’s most effective is to be in the park before rope drop. Immediately purchase Genie+ and book Indy. While queuing up for your first ride, check to see if Indy is down. If not, hopefully you can pivot to something that is. Getting an MEP within the first hour usually feels pretty easy. After that, it gets progressively more difficult as return times move farther and farther from the present.

Last edited:
What's a MEP?
I can't remember exactly what it stands for (multi-experience pass, maybe?), but it's basically an anytime Lightning Lane for a list of rides. Indy is in the highest tier, I think, and it goes down a lot, so having a lighting lane for Indy while it is down would give you a LL you could use for one of many choices of rides.

Someone else will explain it much better than that :teeth:

A few questions…

Thanks!
Good questions! I’m wondering too.

I can't remember exactly what it stands for (multi-experience pass, maybe?), but it's basically an anytime Lightning Lane for a list of rides. Indy is in the highest tier, I think, and it goes down a lot, so having a lighting lane for Indy while it is down would give you a LL you could use for one of many choices of rides.

Someone else will explain it much better than that :teeth:

Ah, thanks.

I used the LL acceleration method on our last trip in April and it was a game changer! This is useful when an LL is hours away and you want to ride sooner. Basically, you book an LL for whatever slot is currently available, then you go to your plans and select to modify the LL. Start pulling down the screen to refresh until a better time appears. You are looking for someone's cancellation. Sometimes it only takes a few tries, but other times it can take 5-15 minutes. It might sound soul crushing to sit there refreshing for minutes on end, but it started to become fun for me (although I'll admit I like strange things 😂). My biggest score was a WEB slingers LL -- I shaved 4 hours off our wait! DH was so impressed that he wanted to take part in the acceleration fun. It was like a competition to see who could secure a better time quicker 😜

I used the LL acceleration method on our last trip in April and it was a game changer! This is useful when an LL is hours away and you want to ride sooner. Basically, you book an LL for whatever slot is currently available, then you go to your plans and select to modify the LL. Start pulling down the screen to refresh until a better time appears. You are looking for someone's cancellation.
Starlit, does this work for ILLs, too, or just Genie+ LLs?

Starlit, does this work for ILLs, too, or just Genie+ LLs?
I would not risk using a MEP from an ILL attraction for anything but the ILL attraction that went down.

Also be aware that Monsters Inc at DCA may not be following the same accelerating rules as the other LL attractions.
Twice on Monsters Inc it would take the MEP and not the LL that was booked for later in the day.

I would not risk using a MEP from an ILL attraction for anything but the ILL attraction that went down.

Also be aware that Monsters Inc at DCA may not be following the same accelerating rules as the other LL attractions.
Twice on Monsters Inc it would take the MEP and not the LL that was booked for later in the day.
I was following up on StarlitNight05's information about modifying the return time for LLs, not anything to do with MEPs.

Maybe I'm confusing accelerating and fishing...or maybe what I did is called something else (modifying?). Either way the method I described, whatever it is called, worked great for us!

Maybe I'm confusing accelerating and fishing...or maybe what I did is called something else (modifying?). Either way the method I described, whatever it is called, worked great for us!

You fish to get an MEP and that generally lets you use an LL before it's window. We did it last Nov, had an LL for tsmm but it didn't open on time which gave us the MEP. It allowed us to use the next LL we booked as soon as we booked it because it takes the LL when you tap in. As long as it takes the LL and not the MEP you can roll through LL all day even hopping, as long as the MEP is good for the ride you are using the LL on.

We finished out by using our MEP on JC since you can use it there even though it doesnt have LL. Made for a fun day when we hadn't planned to fish with our first one. I will try to in aug but I'm solo so easier to do and not feel like I'm wasting anything.

I was following up on StarlitNight05's information about modifying the return time for LLs, not anything to do with MEPs.
You cannot modify a ILL once purchased.
However, you can request a refund and book another ILL if needed.
Just keep in mind that you get only 2 ILLs purchases per day unless the ILL is down during your return time.

A few questions…

Thanks!
The time that the Disneyland app shows you can book your next Genie+ LL will be the earlier of the 2-hour time (since you last booked) or the expiration time of your last-booked reservation. If you modify the reservation to a later time, the 2-hour time does not change, but the expiration time does. So, the time you can next book may or may not change depending on the circumstances.

Is it established that MEP acceleration still works at the other attractions, or just that there are cases where it did not work at Mike and Sulley to the Rescue? I find it odd that the rules would be different for just that one ride. I wonder if Disney has decided to close the MEP acceleration loophole and it has just been noticed and reported on for that ride so far.

Is it established that MEP acceleration still works at the other attractions, or just that there are cases where it did not work at Mike and Sulley to the Rescue? I find it odd that the rules would be different for just that one ride. I wonder if Disney has decided to close the MEP acceleration loophole and it has just been noticed and reported on for that ride so far.
The MEP acceleration loophole worked for every attraction, but Monsters Inc.
This was a week ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter