Best transportation option from SNA to Disneyland

I booked Karmel shuttle for our group of 7 this next October. We can only use them from the airport as we gain two people on our trip and as far as I can see the max is 8. When I originally looked last month the cost was $85 for the whole group. I just paid $105 in advance just in case prices keep increasing.

Has anyone used them before? We are huge Uber users but reading up on the current situation with surge pricing and drivers cancelling I don't want to risk it.

I will be booking them through Costco Travel with our package. I'm curious too if anyone has recent experience with them.

I booked Karmel shuttle for our group of 7 this next October. We can only use them from the airport as we gain two people on our trip and as far as I can see the max is 8. When I originally looked last month the cost was $85 for the whole group. I just paid $105 in advance just in case prices keep increasing.

Has anyone used them before? We are huge Uber users but reading up on the current situation with surge pricing and drivers cancelling I don't want to risk it.

Scratch what I said about only allowing 8 people, they go up to 9.

We did Lyft to and from SNA June 22 and on June 25th. It was easy enough. We waited about 15 minutes at SNA and had a driver drop us on our way back but we were able to get another one right away. I'd be tempted to take a taxi next time just to try it.
If you don't mind can you tell us what your fares were? I'm going 8/17 to 8/21. Thanks!

If you don't mind can you tell us what your fares were? I'm going 8/17 to 8/21. Thanks!
We paid $41 from SNA to our hotel on Harbor and that was a Tuesday around 4:30 p.m. I think we paid $45 on the Friday morning from the Panera on Harbor to SNA.

We got a taxi from SNA last month and an Uber on the way back and the price was similar for both. Next week there's going to be four of us, does that mean we won't be able to take a taxi since the front seat is unavailable?

There are compacts, sedans and mini vans available. The taxi stand person will get you a cab that fits your whole group.

As I understand it, lately the "surge pricing" has been outrageous. So you'll get the standard quote of $25 or whatever, but when you go to call it, the app will inform you that surge pricing is currently in effect. I'd be interested to hear of anybody's recent experiences with Uber to/from SNA. That's what we've done the last several years, but I'm wondering how viable it is now.
Yep, I have been hearing horror stories about that as well, so we are just going to rent a car for the 4 days that we are there. I was able to get a standard SUV at SNA through Alamo for $275 for the 4 days. That is normally an okay price (I can usually get cheaper), but with the price that rental cars have been running nowadays, that's pretty much a steal. I booked it through Costco a couple of weeks ago. I checked again recently (which I always do, looking for price drops) and it's already $200 more for the same dates.

OP here. We just returned from 7 nights VGC. We used YellowCab for transportation to and from the resort. Super easy. There were many taxi's waiting at SNA. Flat rate of $47 (I think...my sister paid) from the airport. I paid $47 + tip for a van back to the airport from GC. Scheduled for pickup yesterday morning and the taxi arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled time.

Skimming the thread, it looks like a taxi or uber/lyft is a good option if you're a small group with no carseat needs? It's just me and my husband, and trying to figure out if I should book a car service or just do uber/lyft or taxi.

Seems like the taxis are the way to go given the availability, convenience and cost. I never thought I would hear myself saying that!
I agree. This is such a switch from August 2019. We were moving hotels from the Hilton to Paradise Pier after the D23 Expo. There had typically been tons of taxis lined up outside the Hilton you could just catch. We had to ask for assistance to get transportation. We got a car service ( none Taxi, none Uber/Lyft) to take us on this less than 2 mile trip. The driver said due to the number of Uber and Lyft vehicles most taxis had left the area. Sounds like now they have returned.

I agree. This is such a switch from August 2019. We were moving hotels from the Hilton to Paradise Pier after the D23 Expo. There had typically been tons of taxis lined up outside the Hilton you could just catch. We had to ask for assistance to get transportation. We got a car service ( none Taxi, none Uber/Lyft) to take us on this less than 2 mile trip. The driver said due to the number of Uber and Lyft vehicles most taxis had left the area. Sounds like now they have returned.

It sounds like they are plentiful at the SNA airport... just hope they are also plentiful on site at the hotels and pickup locations. I will report back once I'm there next week if that is helpful.

It sounds like they are plentiful at the SNA airport... just hope they are also plentiful on site at the hotels and pickup locations. I will report back once I'm there next week if that is helpful.
If you like your cab driver on the ride from SNA to your hotel, ask them for a card or direct phone number so you can call them to schedule your return trip.

Honestly, I would just grab a cab… we did that Nov. 2019, I had a coupon from Yellow Cab’s own site for a 30 dollar flat rate that no driver would honor… (I didn’t know they had the option) but we ended up just paying like 40 bucks, and made it to the Grand in about 12 minutes. I’m sure many traffic laws were broken, lol, but it was the fastest we’ve ever gotten to our hotel from the airport…
There are some “organizers” there. One taxi wasn’t going to accept credit card and she walked over and reiterated to the driver he would take a card.

I can never get the cab drivers at SNA to agree to a flat rate - they always say that it has to be charged per the meter. Maybe I am asking wrong? That said, the charges never seem to exceed $45ish.

I don't recommend having the hotel call just any cab to take you back to the airport. We have had a couple of experiences with unprofessional drivers from another Anaheim cab company (not Yellow cab), so I keep Yellow Cab's number in my phone and always use them with no issues.
Don’t ask, tell? “I’d like the flat rate.“ Then ask the coordinator if they aren’t cooperating.

There are some “organizers” there. One taxi wasn’t going to accept credit card and she walked over and reiterated to the driver he would take a card.

Yeah, I literally pulled up the offer from their own website (mind you, this was 2 years ago) that said 30 dollar flat rate, and when the coordinator told the drivers, they would just shake their head and walk away. I didn’t know they could do that, but finally there was a guy who drove us for what I’m pretty sure was 35 or 38 bucks… I know it was around 40-45 with tip… it wasn’t a huge deal, paying the difference, I was just mostly mad that they wouldn’t even honor their own offer!

They are *not* currently plentiful at the on-site hotels, as they used to be. Good idea to get a card from the driver and plan ahead. But no guarantee that driver will be available. Next is to call automated system night before and schedule a pickup (the bell desk has the correct flyer/number to call). If you wait until you have luggage and ready to leave, you may be out of luck. We waited 20-ish mins and automated system never found us a taxi. I would be prepared with Uber/Lyft app as a backup plan.

Yes, everything is flip-flopped with Ride-Share and Taxis currently (prices at times and availability most of the time). Until more ride-share drivers return to working (either full time or part time) it could be this way for a while. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter