Best transportation option from SNA to Disneyland

We went 6/16 and I just walked out and asked the taxi driver if they had a flat rate and he said $42. It was so easy. It was during rush hour because our plane was delayed and it was still just $42 AND he offered to come back and take us back to the airport Saturday morning at 5:45am. So I’m all for the taxi from SNA now! It’s right out the door from baggage claim and zero waiting!

I took a supershuttle with my family of 4. The van type was just us no other passengers, I believe it was called SuperShuttle Express.

Did you use super shuttle from SNA? I tried getting a quote and can’t get that airport to load.

We just ended up taking a cab to the Tropicana. It was like $45 before tip and have one scheduled for this afternoon for our trip back to the airport.
How were you able to schedule the return? Did you just set up a time with the same guy who brought you? I always worry what if they don't show up.

How were you able to schedule the return? Did you just set up a time with the same guy who brought you? I always worry what if they don't show up.

I just scheduled it in the yellow cab iphone app. It sent me a notification when the driver was on the way. I left plenty of time to get back to the airport just incase they didn't show up and I needed to call a cab or request an uber. But the cab driver showed up about 10 minutes early, no issues.

Last edited:
I just scheduled it in the yellow cab iphone app. It sent me a notification when the driver was on the way. I left plenty of time to get back to the airport just incase they didn't show up and I needed to call a cab or request an uber. But they cab driver showed up about 10 minutes early, no issues.

Thanks-- this is good to know! Also, thanks to this thread, I now know why the uber prices in San Francisco were ridiculously high when we were there the end of June- surge pricing. Over the weekend- anywhere from our hotel- even just a mile down the road was $25 before tip any time of the day. On Monday we noticed the prices dropped by almost half. Thanks to all for the heads up. Have a great trip OP!

I just scheduled it in the yellow cab iphone app. It sent me a notification when the driver was on the way. I left plenty of time to get back to the airport just incase they didn't show up and I needed to call a cab or request an uber. But the cab driver showed up about 10 minutes early, no issues.
Thanks so much. We always use Lyft but I don't trust them right now. I think a cab is fine to the hotel but always worried about getting back. Thanks!

We just got back Friday. We usually use Uber or Lyft to the GCH, no problem. This time, Uber was very high, and Lyft was $28. Ride was 8 minutes out. Ride never came. The driver appeared to be circling around the airport, never came to the Lyft pick up place. We tried calling him over and over, never answered. Finally canceled that and ordered another Lyft that again said 8 minutes out. Once I confirmed, it jumped to 20 minutes out immediately *and the price was going up, now $38! So I canceled that one and we walked down and got a flat rate cab for $45. I got their number and called the automated cab scheduling service for our return. The cab arrived 10 minutes early, texted that they were on their way and then that they were there. Easy. Lyft and Uber are just not a good value for us right now because we don't want to wait 30+ minutes or have an unresponsive driver who can't even find the pick up area.

I can never get the cab drivers at SNA to agree to a flat rate - they always say that it has to be charged per the meter. Maybe I am asking wrong? That said, the charges never seem to exceed $45ish.

I don't recommend having the hotel call just any cab to take you back to the airport. We have had a couple of experiences with unprofessional drivers from another Anaheim cab company (not Yellow cab), so I keep Yellow Cab's number in my phone and always use them with no issues.

Did you use super shuttle from SNA? I tried getting a quote and can’t get that airport to load.
Ok I double checked. I cancelled my super shuttle express and booked ExecuCar.

One way trip for 4 was $67 not including tip.

(This was about 2 years ago)

If I recall Super Shuttle no longer operates out of SNA after December 2019.

Yeah after doing some more digging I discovered that. I have a travel package booked through Costco and I think once I have flights I'll just book our ground transportation through them too. The price is better than anything else I've priced out.

We got a taxi from SNA last month and an Uber on the way back and the price was similar for both. Next week there's going to be four of us, does that mean we won't be able to take a taxi since the front seat is unavailable?

I booked Karmel shuttle for our group of 7 this next October. We can only use them from the airport as we gain two people on our trip and as far as I can see the max is 8. When I originally looked last month the cost was $85 for the whole group. I just paid $105 in advance just in case prices keep increasing.

Has anyone used them before? We are huge Uber users but reading up on the current situation with surge pricing and drivers cancelling I don't want to risk it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter