Best Building at Poly?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
Okay, wondering which one to request.
First priority is no housekeeping issues like some of the posts on here have warned about!

I've been looking at the Poly map, and I'd like something close to GCH (rather than TTC), that is not too far from pools but is somewhat private.

Does anyone know if Samoa is too loud? I'm not sure a pool view would be that relaxing...but seeing the beach would be lovely (except I'm looking for a price in the garden view category).

Someone recommended Fiji....does anyone have any other favorite they'd nominate? I looked at where Fiji was but I'm wondering if the Marina view is going to be as pretty as the gardens. I'd probably like a pretty beach or garden view over a pool view, unless someone suggests that a pool or marina view is really the best at Poly.

Any info would be helpful! :)

Go with the other side of Fiji. You get a beach right outside your patio once you walkout. After the Spirt of Aloha dinner show it is very quiet. The beach seemed to be deserted at all times over there too.

Tokelau was in a great location. Additionally, there are rooms that are considered GV, but you can see the lagoon and beach from your patio/balcony.

My husband and I stayed at Samoa in September for a long weekend. It was very nice. Our room (3019) was on the third floor and faced the volcano pool and we got a beautiful view of the lagoon and GF.:D
We were very close to the GCH. I would definitely stay there again:goodvibes

If your family is large I'd consider requesting Tokelau because the rooms are the largest on Disney property. Pretty views and nicely situated between GCH and TTC, so you can walk to either in a couple of minutes...maybe 4 minutes or so. Baclonies on both 2nd and 3rd floors.

Figi is pretty- both sides. Have you looked at Titkimans site? He has loads of photos and one with a view from Figi looking out toward the marina. If you want a balcony be sure to request 3rd floor. :)

Figi: http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/fiji.html

Tokelau: http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/tokelau.html

It's a lovely resort!

Wow, thanks for the great responses so far!

I was looking at the map of the Poly at Tikiman's site. Fiji, Tokalau and Samoa look great...I'm wondering about some of the smaller buildings that are right next to the GCH. One mentions that is has a walkway on the second floor which goes to Rarotonga. Has anyone tried the smaller buildings? What is the difference? I thought they might be less busy feeling than the larger buildings, but I could be wrong.

I think the partial water views at the first three buildings mentioned above look wonderful...I just hope I can get one if I make that request!

Has anyone tried the beach facing side of A (can't spell it...the building next to Fiji by GCH)...looked like that had a lot of beach views but maybe they would not be considered garden views.

Seems nice that Tokalau would have larger rooms because it is newer, right?

Thanks for all the help! In the end, we'll be happy at the Poly no matter what, but it'd be fun to get a really view/ location since we spent as much time in the resort as we do at the parks.

Hi. We just got back from the Poly yesterday and we had asked for Tokelau but got Raratonga. We were very happy with it. It is right next to the GCH, and very close to Captain Cooks-very convenient for refills. We were close to the Volcano pool too. Our "view" was of the quiet pool-pretty but not the best but honestly we were NEVER in the room and when we were we were sleeping!!! People had warned me about how busy we would be but I didn't believe them!! Now I know better-I need a vacation from my vacation, lol!!

Originally posted by Ilovestitch
Is Samoa a smoking building?

No, it's not.

However, Nuie or however it is spelled is. That is the little one that the OP was asking about....the one with a walkway to Raratonga.

The other small building is Tonga and it contains the suites and is a concierge building.

I don't think any of the longhouses are large enough to feel busy.

Go with Raratonga, trust me you will love it. I was on the second floor right next to the exit close to the GCH and it was fantastic. Every morning I would go out on the second floor exit walk way and there was a table and chairs set up and I would have my coffee and read my paper every day. No one was ever there and it was like my own private patio. Plus I was 100 feet away from the GCH entrance. It was a great location and when I go back this spring that's the building I'm requesting. You are so lucky to be going to the Poly and I wish you and your family a great trip. On my last day at the Poly we had just a quiet day by the pool and relaxing from a very busy week going non stop at the parks. It was a perfect way to end the vaction and head back to the real world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter