Best beach on St. Thomas

We like Linquivst beach, if you remember the Direct TV talking horse commercial they filmed them ther

We did not care for Megan's Bay as much as Sapphire Beach. Main reason was I hated that I had to drag my own rented chair down the beach to where I wanted to sit and then drag it back at the end to return. I also didn't like that I had to trek to their office which was not where you picked up the chairs. Yes, the distance was not far but in the heat it bugged me. We also didn't like that we saw a few very sketchy people checking out everyone's towels while they were in the water. They were slinking around at the back of the beach stopping and looking at people's stuff.

I prefer a beach club where the chairs are already out and I can just rent them and sit down.

MJ
Was Sapphire Beach the beach club you are referring to where the chairs are already out?

It's just a beach where hotels are situated; in St Thomas, the beaches are free. We just asked the cab driver to take us to Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort. When you get there, you walk on the beach, and the beach guys ask if you want to rent a chair or umbrella. There is food for purchase from that hotel. I can't remember if there was beach access or we just walked through hotel lobby. There's another Mariott there too down a ways in walking distance, but it didn't look like their beach was as good. We got a glimpse of it as we were leaving port. I would suggest you go on TripAdvisor bc I'm sure that's where we found the info. I also recall on YouTube, people posted videos of their entire cab ride from port including drive there and to beach. It was prob $5/chair and $10/ umbrella or something, bc we would not have paid more than that. It's easy to catch a cab ride back, the porters or bus boys at hotel front will gladly do it for you. We had our 5 yr old and 8 yr old daughters and we wouldn't have done it if it wasn't completely safe. I'll try to post some pix later. We did similar when at St Maarten (not sure of your itinerary). Have fun!
Thank you! This is most helpful!

We took a taxi to the Ritz Carlton, spent the day at the beach and had lunch there.

The best beach, IMHO, isn't on St. Thomas. It's on St. John, and it's Cinnamon Bay in the National Park. About 1/2 mile of beach, four miles or so from Cruz Bay. It's nowhere near crowded and they have all the facilities you might need, like a snack bar, grill, restrooms and showers.

Trying to decide what to do on this port day. You are all making it sound very easy to grab a taxi and visit a beach! I guess I was focused on disney's excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter