Be Out Guest reservations are a joke.

I Totally agree, I just wish others on this thread could see it, There should be no excuss for disney for any long waits, for what they charge for a meal plus if you don't show up your charged, so you check in at your given time, that is when you should be seated . No excusses :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Sigh. An ADR is NOT A RESERVATION FOR A SPECIFIC TIME. According to Disney, it gets you the next table available for your party size. So expecting to be seated at the exact time of your ADR is unrealistic. That is not how WDW intends it to work.

From Disney Dining FAQ: "It is recommended that you arrive at restaurants 5 minutes prior to your seating time. You will be seated at the next available table that can accommodate your party".

Note too there is a difference between making excuses for something, and explaining what it is.

I Totally agree, I just wish others on this thread could see it, There should be no excuss for disney for any long waits, for what they charge for a meal plus if you don't show up your charged, so you check in at your given time, that is when you should be seated . No excusses :sad2::sad2::sad2:
I just wonder that now this resturant is open, there must not be anyone going to LTT, can anybody tell how the other resturants crowds are.:surfweb:

A few people keep saying that, but have yet to offer a solution....

Again, if it was something ongoing I'd be with you. But it's not. Things won't go according to schedule 100% of the time. Ever. With anything.

We were at BoG on Nov. 20. We waited an hour and a half for our table. I have visited WDW many times in the past and have never had to wait this long for a meal even at some of the most popular restaurants. I think I wouldn't have minded the wait so much if my meal had tasted better. Both my husband and I agreed that it was the worst meal we have ever had at Disney in all the years we've been going. (I had the seafood in the puff pastry--Husband had a pork dish.) Our children, however, enjoyed their meals and the restaurant was very beautiful. With all that said, I will be canceling our reservation for our March trip.

I just wonder that now this resturant is open, there must not be anyone going to LTT, can anybody tell how the other resturants crowds are.:surfweb:

Actually we went to LTT for Thanksgiving dinner later in the week. They were backed up about an hour past ADR times and were saying the same thing about people lingering longer than they anticipated. Food was no where near as good as BOG.

We were at BoG on Nov. 20. We waited an hour and a half for our table. I have visited WDW many times in the past and have never had to wait this long for a meal even at some of the most popular restaurants. I think I wouldn't have minded the wait so much if my meal had tasted better. Both my husband and I agreed that it was the worst meal we have ever had at Disney in all the years we've been going. (I had the seafood in the puff pastry--Husband had a pork dish.) Our children, however, enjoyed their meals and the restaurant was very beautiful. With all that said, I will be canceling our reservation for our March trip.

Our ressies are for next wed. and we are looking forward to our meals there. I am sorry you had a bad experience. Actually we have been hearing such wonderful reviews of the food and yours is the first negative I have heard. I, too, was planning to get the seafood puff pastry.

That does suck. I personally would have just said drop it, and went to get some QS instead at that point.

aaarcher86 said:
A few people keep saying that, but have yet to offer a solution....

A solution was offered in a previous post, Disney should have booked less ADRs. Disney made a mistake...should a delay over 15 minutes have happened? NO!
I'm sure as people with late in the evening ADRs read this post we will see similar delays.

Once again, my post was to alert people to the fact that if you have a late BOG ADR you will most likely experience an unjust delay in getting seated. As in my case, I was offered a 20% meal discount, but since I had already PURCHASED and planned to use a Tables in Wonderland card, I was offered a less lucrative free desserts.

FYI, my family and I are not angry at Disney, we enjoyed the meal and were served very well once we were seated. Bottom line, BOG seating is currently NOT up to what other restaurants on property are doing, IMHO. So, if you are one of the lucky ones that can afford to go to WDW, have BOG ADRs and don't get seated in a timely manner, then speak up, if enough people get a discount, I'm sure Disney Management will take notice and make changes....Don't be passive and accept their mistake.

A solution was offered in a previous post, Disney should have booked less ADRs. Disney made a mistake...should a delay over 15 minutes have happened? NO!
I'm sure as people with late in the evening ADRs read this post we will see similar delays.

Once again, my post was to alert people to the fact that if you have a late BOG ADR you will most likely experience an unjust delay in getting seated. As in my case, I was offered a 20% meal discount, but since I had already PURCHASED and planned to use a Tables in Wonderland card, I was offered a less lucrative free desserts.

FYI, my family and I are not angry at Disney, we enjoyed the meal and were served very well once we were seated. Bottom line, BOG seating is currently NOT up to what other restaurants on property are doing, IMHO. So, if you are one of the lucky ones that can afford to go to WDW, have BOG ADRs and don't get seated in a timely manner, then speak up, if enough people get a discount, I'm sure Disney Management will take notice and make changes....Don't be passive and accept their mistake.

That's not a solution... a solution is something that can be done to fix a problem - and saying something should have been done in the past does not solve a current issue.

And we disagree I guess. I don't think Disney overbooked. I think they planned table time based on the past openings they've had and people have exceeded those times which is not something you can predict. If you know it takes an average of 1 hour to flip a table, and you give the tables 1.5 to allot for lingering, then you'd assume that you've covered it. Particularly if that has worked in the past.

And again, it doesn't sound like there is a consistent long wait like the one you've experienced.

I'm waiting for the "due to customer response and to enhance the Disney experience" statements coming from Disney. That generally means a dumbing down of the original experience they have created for us to enjoy.

While i feel bad for the OP's experience, i do favor a more relaxed atmosphere when we dine. I wouldn't want to be rushed. (although we wouldn't "overstay our welcome" either) Mistakes will happen.

We had a similar experience where we had reservations at The Plaza, and they seated all walk-up's first. We waited about an hour after our reservation time before we got in. Was it right? By no means no... But it didn't ruin our vacation either.

I'm not a Disney sympathizer, but there will be a break-in period. We see similar situations happen at our local chain restaurants...why would we expect less at Disney? Even at establishments where you call in for advance reservations, you arrive only to have to wait for your table. Disney did try to compensate to some degree with this situation, we don't get that treatment at the local chain places. People are people whether at home or at Disney, again mistakes will happen.

I know some will feel that i'm too passive...i just can't get angry about stuff like this. While some may expect more because of the price of the dining experience, or because "Disney should know better", these are new (or even veteran) employees working in a new venue. Expectations failed can ruin a vacation if you let it.
I'm glad that it didn't ruin the overall vacation experience for the OP and their family. :thumbsup2

I did offer a solution in an earlier post, Tell them to get out after 2 hours of setting when their done eating, or charge them extra for the time at the table.
I hope the next time these table setters go, they have to wait outside 2 hours to be seated, (Hopefully it's raining) maybe that will change their, it's ok to linger thoughts. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's not a solution... a solution is something that can be done to fix a problem - and saying something should have been done in the past does not solve a current issue.

And we disagree I guess. I don't think Disney overbooked. I think they planned table time based on the past openings they've had and people have exceeded those times which is not something you can predict. If you know it takes an average of 1 hour to flip a table, and you give the tables 1.5 to allot for lingering, then you'd assume that you've covered it. Particularly if that has worked in the past.

And again, it doesn't sound like there is a consistent long wait like the one you've experienced.

But I actually do think they overbooked at least for November and December. I have been watching very closely and so far have not seen a report yet where someone cancelled an ADR with someone waiting to rebook it and had it show up. I cancelled one myself with someone waiting at the ready to catch it... and no go.

I think they are not allowing any cancellations for Nov/Dec to show back up in the system. That's a fairly unique thing and I think indictes a desire on Disney's part to make up for something. I'm guessing it has something to do with that complete mess they had on their hands on 8/20 when bookings opened and it supposedly required a CC guarantee but didn't prompt customers to actually provide the CC number.

I did offer a solution in an earlier post, Tell them to get out after 2 hours of setting when their done eating, or charge them extra for the time at the table.
I hope the next time these table setters go, they have to wait outside 2 hours to be seated, (Hopefully it's raining) maybe that will change their, it's ok to linger thoughts. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Of course that will start a new thread of "BOG Table sitters " They'll complain they are threatened with being charged more than others. LOL:rolleyes1

I don't doubt that happened to you, but my family was there the same night, checked in at 6:25 for a 6:50 ADR, were seated at 6:40, and had a fantastic meal with excellent service. I also got the pork and thought it was the best meal I've had in the MK by far, and one of the better ones I've had overall at WDW. Neither of us had the puff pastry, as neither of us likes mushrooms and they were in the sauce, but my wife had the salmon and thought it was a fantastic meal.

It sounds like the issues, when they crop up, are serious but also rather localized while others report positive experiences at the same time, leading me to wonder if they have ADRs preassigned into zones within the restaurant in which to seat guests, so one zone could have issues if people are lingering or there are service issues, while other zones are cycling correctly. This could also explain the OP's issue where another guest was seated before him. Doubtful, as it would be a fairly sophisticated algorithm and WDW has never shown itself to be particularly tech savvy, but it would explain the localized issues.

Why would they stifle one problem with a time limit, only to impose a new one? You either have a few people complaining about the wait times, or a few people complaining about being rushed out. Either way it's 'I paid xxx for this meal and this is preposterous,' threads from guests. If people decided to pay a fee on the spot, you'd still face the same problem.

Again - it doesn't seem to be happening very often.

But I actually do think they overbooked at least for November and December. I have been watching very closely and so far have not seen a report yet where someone cancelled an ADR with someone waiting to rebook it and had it show up. I cancelled one myself with someone waiting at the ready to catch it... and no go.

I think they are not allowing any cancellations for Nov/Dec to show back up in the system. That's a fairly unique thing and I think indictes a desire on Disney's part to make up for something. I'm guessing it has something to do with that complete mess they had on their hands on 8/20 when bookings opened and it supposedly required a CC guarantee but didn't prompt customers to actually provide the CC number.

Could be. They could also be welcoming cancellations and refusing them back to the system in order to open up tables to cut down on the wait times since they're higher than expected. Either way - I hope it helps!

We'll be eating there in February. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out :cool1:

Could be. They could also be welcoming cancellations and refusing them back to the system in order to open up tables to cut down on the wait times since they're higher than expected. Either way - I hope it helps!

We'll be eating there in February. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out :cool1:

Except that cancellations were not showing up even before the restaurant opened, even before the first CM previews. That tells me they had an "oops" somewhere along the way. Or at least a change of heart of some sort. Even before their first experience with seating folks there.

I think we need to keep in mind that it hasn't even opened yet. The Grand Opening is Dec 6, they are letting us in as Beta testers for a preview period, you can't expect everything to be perfect. Thats the whole point of testing it out before the opening.

We have an upcoming ADR for Rose and Crown scheduled specifically an hour before Illuminations to watch the fireworks. If we don't get seated until after Illuminations because another table was done and just getting water refills...
I will NOT be happy! That's just darn rude!

We have an upcoming ADR for Rose and Crown scheduled specifically an hour before Illuminations to watch the fireworks. If we don't get seated until after Illuminations because another table was done and just getting water refills...

Many of us on here have been saying the same thing, it is rude to take up table space while others are waiting and have been waiting, If your done than leave, what is so important you have to waste time sitting in a resturant, It costs way too much just to get into a park to waste the time table sitting so others cannot get in, but the other half see nothing wrong with table sitting, they feel they paid for it.
As for getting into the Rose and crown the hour before, chances are you will allowed in, but will be no wheres near where you can see the fireworks, table setters take them tables 2 hours before. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

i always make my adr for rose and crown at 7:30 pm.
most of the times, i am seated around 8-8:15.

hopefully you will be seated on time, have a great dinner and view of the fw!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter