Be gentle ........

ChiefSquid

Earning My Ears
This is my first post in YEARS but I decided to visit back here and see if I can get re-inspired to start working on scrapbooking again. Summer is bad for me too many diversions. So I may ask a bunch of questions or just wander around if you all don't mind

Steve

:welcome: home Steve!!

I've missed you!!!

Ask away, there are several regulars that check in daily that will answer questions! Maybe this will inspire a few to come back out and post more often!

Its good to be back but seems I have to relearn everything the forums are a bot different

Hi Steve!

I'm one of the "new" regulars! I have to ask, with a user name of "Chief Squid", were you in the USN? Just another former squid married to a former ChiefSquid wondering, hahaha!

Actually I had the Nickname of Squiddly Diddly in High school . Through the years it was shortened to Squiddy or Squid . And I retired as a Deputy Chief on the Fire Department. Hence Chief Squid

Actually I had the Nickname of Squiddly Diddly in High school . Through the years it was shortened to Squiddy or Squid . And I retired as a Deputy Chief on the Fire Department. Hence Chief Squid
Hahaha, that's perfect!!

I know how you feel Steve. I had not scrapbooked for many, many years until this year when I finally decided to tackle all 16 of our trips :scared:. I do have the time but not always the inclination....

Are you digital or paper scrapbooking?

I know how you feel Steve. I had not scrapbooked for many, many years until this year when I finally decided to tackle all 16 of our trips :scared:. I do have the time but not always the inclination....

I wish I could see your scrapbooks! I feel like I've seen much of the content already with all the photos you have posted. Have you scrapped some of those national parks trips yet? They would make some amazing pages.

I've been scrapping since around 1999 and have much of our travel up to date, although big chunks of the kids' baby and childhood books need to be done. But most of the vacations and all but a few Disney trips done. Part of me is afraid to ever get too "caught up". I like having fun old pictures to scrap still.

I'm your polar opposite. I usually have the inclination but not the time!

I agree. I have the time - just need the motivation:)

I used to scrapbook quite a bit as well, then fell really behind. I should be using time I have this summer, but I've been overwhelmed about diving back in.

I used to scrapbook quite a bit as well, then fell really behind. I should be using time I have this summer, but I've been overwhelmed about diving back in.
The first page after a long break is always the hardest. Don't ever think of it as "catching up". Just choose a page you feel motivated to do and do it. Usually after that, it's so much easier.

The last few years while I was still working I never had enough time to scrapbook other than make 'retirement' scrapbooks for the Scoutmasters of my son's troop. Even after I retired I kept putting off scrapbooking just for my family.......plenty of excuses but I finally just decided to jump in and do the first of Disney scrapbooks. Now it's almost a compulsion but I do go days on end without scrapping.

When I do get 'scrapper's block' I spend time organizing my scrapbook materials; definitely a break for me but work since I now use a Scraprack which is 75% filled with Disney non-photo stuff. materials.

Another thing that helps me get into things is looking at Disney scrapbook pages on sites such as Mousescrappers.com

Let us know how things go for you!

I wish I could see your scrapbooks! I feel like I've seen much of the content already with all the photos you have posted. Have you scrapped some of those national parks trips yet? They would make some amazing pages.

I've been scrapping since around 1999 and have much of our travel up to date, although big chunks of the kids' baby and childhood books need to be done. But most of the vacations and all but a few Disney trips done. Part of me is afraid to ever get too "caught up". I like having fun old pictures to scrap still.

I'm your polar opposite. I usually have the inclination but not the time!
I forget how to share pics on here but I did do the national park trips and two Alaska and another one with California National Parks SO once i figure out how to post photos I ill share some

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!