Be aware if traveling to WDW within the next few days

EpcotBeauty

<font color=darkorchid>I fly a starship across the
There is a nasty, nasty stomach bug that is plaguing many of the resorts. I am no Pollyanna, and know that there is a high possibility of catching a stray bug at WDW due to the sheer volume of people......but this bug is highly contagious and had all the CM's and resort employees talking. Most seemed to think it was the Norwalk virus.

It took my family out one by one during our 8 night stay. It came on viciously and violently. It started out with nausea and then forceful vomiting and diarreah for about 8 hours.:eek: It was so bad that all of us had accidents and could not make it to the bathroom (to vomit) at least a few times. The staff at the YC and BC were wonderful and told us that they and SSR had been hit the hardest. There were literally guests puking outside of the resort, in the food courts and bathrooms!

Just wanted to put this PSA out here for the DISers. Just remember to wash, wash, WASH your hands while down there!! Oh, and I pity the family that was assigned our room after we left....:scared:

I am so sorry this happened to you and sorry it happened to any WDW visitor. What you are describing is one of my worst fears for vacationing. Ugh!:scared1: :sad2:
We were at WDW exactly a year ago, and I can tell you that if I had read this report before I left--I would have canceled. Many would think that is over-reacting but I have terrible cardiac problems when I catch a really bad stomach bug. Also--can you imagine it going through all eight of us? Wayyy too much time and money lost.

You are about the 5th person to come back reporting sickness! Its pretty scary! We leave in 2 weeks and I am going to be packing lysol wipes, lysol and hand sanitizer!!!! Thanks for warning everyone.

:eek: Yikes!:scared1: I'm so sorry you and your family were so sick at WDW. It's definitely not a great place to be that sick in, especially when you're planning so much fun and family time. Like the PP said, you're not the first one to write about this awful stomach thing -- I hope they are able to get it under control... Sounds like Mousekeeping has their hands full these days. I hope you're all back to good health really soon.

The Norwalk virus is sweeping through DD's school as I write this. Her doc said good handwashing is the best defense. I guess the big downer about it happening at Disney is that everyone there is trying to have a nice vacation.

I live in central Pa and the Norwalk virus(just as you described)is hitting fast and furious.Lots of people everywhere are getting this.WASH WASH WASH your hands.

We're in GA and had it the weekend after Thanksgiving. It is pretty ugly!!!

We just got back from SSR on Sunday night after being there for the whole week, and saw no sign of any stomach bug, and fortunately none of us got sick. Either we made it out of there just in time, or because Disney is a big place the chances are "relatively" low that you will catch something. That said, this time of year it is a great idea to wash your hands often!

Yep, we just got back this Tues, and the whole family - DH, DD, DD, DFIL & DMIL had it. You don't want to know how bad it was. My DH said that in his 35 years on this planet hes never been so sick in his life. Just pray you don't get it!

You are about the 5th person to come back reporting sickness! Its pretty scary! We leave in 2 weeks and I am going to be packing lysol wipes, lysol and hand sanitizer!!!! Thanks for warning everyone.

Please wipe the place down before we get there!!!:laughing:

My biggest fear as well is getting sick on vacation or right before.

My family and I were in WDW Nov 16-23. On our last day there my one year old got this bug. Within 24 hours all 7 of us had it. We were using hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes and still got it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.. it really is horrible. We ended up in the ER with our 1 yr old being dehydrated. Celebrations Hospital was wonderful in treating my son. I too feel bad for the mousekeeping staff who had to clean our room and the next guest who had to use it! I sanitized everything that I could before we left. I just hope it was enough so that no one else would get it.

Unfortunately, I can vouch for this. Caught something similar last week in WDW. Lasted 48 hours.

My family and I were in WDW Nov 16-23. On our last day there my one year old got this bug. Within 24 hours all 7 of us had it. We were using hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes and still got it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.. it really is horrible. We ended up in the ER with our 1 yr old being dehydrated. Celebrations Hospital was wonderful in treating my son. I too feel bad for the mousekeeping staff who had to clean our room and the next guest who had to use it! I sanitized everything that I could before we left. I just hope it was enough so that no one else would get it.
Remember that antibacterial wipes are just that - they kill bacteria. What we're talking about here is a virus. Just like antibiotics don't work on viruses, antibacterials don't work on viruses either.

The hand sanitizers may help, but hand washing with soap and warm to hot water is still your best defense.

Yup. My poor husband had to sprint from our table at the California Grill so he could vomit Exorcist-style in the men's room. :sad2: He blamed it on the Ugly Betty Cheeseburger he ate earlier that day at the ABC Commissary, but I think it was the virus. By the time our entrees arrived, he was green at the gills and we had no choice but to pay our check and leave. He got his filet to go and it was still in the fridge at WL when we checked out yesterday. What a waste.

Add us to sick at Disney. My 2 yr old the first week of Dec had this bug for 2 days. While I felt uneasy it did not hit me. Housekeeping brought us towels and sheets galore and said this bug was bad. We saw a couple of puking ppl and even a kid puke on Dumbo that week. This bug is bad and I chase my kids with soap!

Our last 2 days my family was hit with this. We were there from the 10-15th with no problems and our last 2 days were horrible. We all had the nausea and diarrhea, then came the vomiting. The plane ride home was not fun. We were staying at POP. Take lots of lysol wipes and Immodium.

How long will this bug last at WDW?? Are they doing anything extra to get rid of it or is there anything they can even do? How awful! We leave after Christmas (Dec. 31) and hope not to see that virus.

We went in Sept. and my son was sick for 2 days of that trip...once is enough for us!

We just got back from a week long trip 12/16. We also managed to stay healthy. I did not see or hear anything about it. We stayed at the Poly and AKL.

Yikes! we check in tomorrow at the WL. I'm terrified! there will be nine of us for a grand gathering celebrating my parent's 50th anniversary. I pray we don't catch it!!!!

Yikes! we check in tomorrow at the WL. I'm terrified! there will be nine of us for a grand gathering celebrating my parent's 50th anniversary. I pray we don't catch it!!!!

We were at WL when my husband got sick, but I think you can catch it anywhere. Just wash your hands with hot water and soap, and do it frequently. On the plus side, my daughter and I did not get sick, even though we were in a room with DH.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter