Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

So, when I last left all of you, I had walked into the room and found this:

June_07_2011_750.jpg

Wow, that is some good sleeping!

After a much-deserved Boo nap for Boo and Daddy, we got up, used the super-secret entrance to Epcot, and made our way here:

June_07_2011_752.jpg

If any of you remember, in 2009, I had a difficult time with a trip to Chefs de France in which I was never seated. In the end, although I have never returned to Yachtsman, where I had a terrible meal, I decided to give the French another try. We are glad we did.

June_07_2011_755.jpg

It's the little Chef!

So here's the thing: It seems that Remy from time to time visits at dinner. Our reservations that night were at 5ish pm.

From there, we went on to

June_07_2011_762.jpg

Yay! Characters!

I'll save you from all of the character pictures, but the best thing that night was a little tiny girl who was in front of us. She was soooo happy to see Mickey Mouse. My kids were so happy to see her and they remembered how they loved Disney in the beginning. We had been having an okay time until that point, but when my kids saw how happy that little girl was, they said they remembered how fun Disney was from the beginning. I was so happy we stopped there. . . .and saw Sheldon's favorite:

June_07_2011_766.jpg

Of course, by that time, it's getting later. We went on to Spaceship Earth for another ride before the fireworks, and I took some time to get some shots of SE:

June_07_2011_771.jpg

June_07_2011_777.jpg

I love this one. . .

June_07_2011_786.jpg

Wow.

It was later in the evening by now, and we headed for our spot over on the world showcase for Illuminations:

June_07_2011_788.jpg

June_07_2011_798.jpg

Coming up--ending the evening with a bang!

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Chef's. We have never eaten there.

What a great story about your encounter at the Character spot. So cool that your kids recognized the little girl's joy and related it back to their early visits to the World.

What a great Stitch shirt!

Spaceship Earth is so beautiful! Nice pictures!

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Chef's. We have never eaten there.

What a great story about your encounter at the Character spot. So cool that your kids recognized the little girl's joy and related it back to their early visits to the World.

What a great Stitch shirt!

Spaceship Earth is so beautiful! Nice pictures!

Thanks, Dee! Character spot is wonderful, and the kids still talk about that encounter!

When I last left the few of you still reading, we were waiting for the fireworks to begin. There is a small back story to Illuminations. Truthfully, the first time I ever saw Illuminations was December of 2009. I had been to Disney three times without seeing Illuminations. I love this fireworks show! We waited for the light of the sky to slowly fade out, and this was next:

June_07_2011_809.jpg

June_07_2011_826.jpg

I love how it starts with such power!

June_07_2011_837.jpg

The world coming to the center.

June_07_2011_845.jpg

June_07_2011_848.jpg

June_07_2011_854.jpg

June_07_2011_859.jpg

June_07_2011_872.jpg

June_07_2011_878.jpg

June_07_2011_897.jpg

June_07_2011_900.jpg

My favorite part is when the fireworks come from the earth.

June_07_2011_903.jpg

So, afterwords, we went back through our super secret exit and back over to the resort. This is such a wonderful walk back!

June_07_2011_915.jpg

June_07_2011_917.jpg

June_07_2011_920.jpg

Back to our room--balcony view at night

June_07_2011_929.jpg

Again, I was feeling shocked we were even staying here. I don't ever seeing us able to afford this place again, and was truly an experience of a lifetime!

Coming up. . .A gorgeous walk in the morning.

Gorgeous Illuminations photos!!!

I hope circumstances bring you back to BC some day!

Us, too! We don't have any immediate plans to return and I really miss it!!!

Have you shared your room number? Did you have a garden view?

I'm so glad you were able to stay at BC :) Great Illuminations pics :)

Me, too!

Thanks, Tink!

Gorgeous Illuminations photos!!!

I hope circumstances bring you back to BC some day!

Us, too! We don't have any immediate plans to return and I really miss it!!!

Have you shared your room number? Did you have a garden view?

Thanks, Dee. It was room number 2575 and it was a garden view. I hope we all can get back to what I feel to be my real home!

The following morning, we woke up. It was Hollywood Studios day, and we had a choice of ways to go. From the Beach Club, we could either walk or we could take the boat.

We chose to walk. I'm not convinced either way is faster than the other, and I had heard from people that the walk was a great one. We skipped on breakfast (that's what Starring Rolls is for) and took off.

Our first area? Stormalong Bay

June_08_2011_00000938.jpg

Oh, how I would love to get in that water now.

June_08_2011_00000940.jpg

Coming closer to the Yacht Club. Someday I will have to stay here as well.

Walking on, I soon began to appreciate how lovely this walk truly is--fewer people around. Mostly the people were the joggers in the morning. Vaguely, I thought that would be a good idea. Somehow, I never seemed to gather the energy for it, though. . .

June_08_2011_00000941.jpg

So pretty, I'd stay here if it weren't for the clown slide. Possibly a winter trip here would work.

June_08_2011_00000942.jpg

Most pictures of the lighthouse are centered that I see. I like how this one came out, because it is not centered.

June_08_2011_00000945.jpg

Sunrise over the lighthouse.

June_08_2011_00000947.jpg

Spaceship Earth in the distance

June_08_2011_00000954.jpg

Looking towards Hollywood Studios

June_08_2011_00000958.jpg

Coming behind the TOwer of Tower

June_08_2011_00000961.jpg

YOu rarely see this angle

June_08_2011_00000962.jpg

I love how he spins

June_08_2011_00000964.jpg

And at a halt. . .

Honestly, this walk is beautiful, and I intend to use this walk to go from Hollywood Studios to Epcot. I enjoyed it, and although it was longer than I originally thought, it really did not seem longer than the Friendship boat ride.

Coming up--SHEER MADNESS!

What a great picture-tour of the HS walk! The sunrise over the lighthouse is beautiful!

We have done the walk FROM HS to BC, twice, both times in the evening.

We raced the boat (and barely won) both times.

What a great picture-tour of the HS walk! The sunrise over the lighthouse is beautiful!

We have done the walk FROM HS to BC, twice, both times in the evening.

We raced the boat (and barely won) both times.

The boat really doesn't save time mostly because there are only a few of them, and then they run that large circuit--DHS, Swan/Dolphin, YC, BWI, EP WS. That is a long route, and it seems like it is a longer boat ride than the one from POR to DTD.

I love the walk, but it can be tiring, though.

As he headed over to Hollywood Studios, we knew our first stop:

June_08_2011_00000968.jpg

Time to win!

June_08_2011_00000969.jpg

Look at that wait time!

June_08_2011_00000974.jpg

That's an empty queue line

June_08_2011_00000977.jpg

I don't know exactly why Boo has that face.

June_08_2011_00000978.jpg

I love this sign--it's stapled to the wall!

We were in and out of the ride by 8:10am. We typically only want to ride Toy Story Mania one time. Afterwards, we headed for the Fastpass line at Rock n Roller Coaster and then for my favorite breakfast location at Disney. . .Starring Rolls.

And what did I have?

IMAG0130-1.jpg

A red velvet cupcake. The breakfast of champions. :rotfl:

After my well-balanced, nutritious breakfast, we headed on to another favorite of mine. . .

June_08_2011_00000991.jpg

Home of one of the cheesier rides at Disney, but in air conditioning, and nice and restful.

June_08_2011_00000993.jpg

June_08_2011_00001001.jpg

Julie Andrews has seen better days.

June_08_2011_00001003.jpg

Wow. Lots of little people.

June_08_2011_00001008.jpg

Ha ha. Recently in Sweetie's academic challenge matches, she has had a question about the Wizard of Oz each time.

We went on to Star Tours. I can't wait to share with all of you who the Rebel Spy was!

Holy Cow!!! 10 minute TSM wait time? How many people did you push over during the stampede to get to the front of that line?

Love your breakfast. Confession- I have never tried a red velvet anything. So I never know what they are talking about on Cupcake Wars. :confused3

I'll have to put that cupcake on my bucket list.

Holy Cow!!! 10 minute TSM wait time? How many people did you push over during the stampede to get to the front of that line?

Love your breakfast. Confession- I have never tried a red velvet anything. So I never know what they are talking about on Cupcake Wars. :confused3

I'll have to put that cupcake on my bucket list.

LOL, I only knocked over a couple of little ones. Wait until you see the 1:11 wait time!

Red Velvet is really just cake with food coloring in it. And a little bit of coffee and cocoa powder. Put that one on your bucket list!

So, as we left the Great Movie Ride, it must have been close to 11:00. We went over to Star Tours for our obligatory ride for Sheldon. We were seated for Star Tours on the front row. Where we got the best surprise in the end. . .

The Rebel Spy?

Was Boo. She was all over herself. She wanted to get one of those Rebel Spy shirts, but we moved on. To ride Star Tours again.

By the time we got finished again, it was close to 12:00. We had lunch reservations at Mama Melrose's so we headed over to check in. We were seated quickly, and I had a delicious Mojito.

June_08_2011_00001013.jpg

I love the decor

June_08_2011_00001014.jpg

I could use one of those right now.

As always, we had a delicious meal at Mama Melrose's and we traveled back towards Pixar Place. My intentions were not to ride Toy Story Mania again. It was to see what the wait time was.

June_08_2011_00001015.jpg

Yes. The time is 1:11pm. The wait is 70 minutes! :eek:

June_08_2011_00001016.jpg

We kept on going, lol

As we passed by, we decided for a walk down memory lane. We never have stayed for this show, but this spot is worth the exhibits:

June_08_2011_00001017.jpg

June_08_2011_00001019.jpg

Hamming it up

June_08_2011_00001021.jpg

I wonder how often he drew on this table instead of doing his work. . .

June_08_2011_00001027.jpg

If only I could have seen/ridden this

June_08_2011_00001028.jpg

I can't imagine what Disney World would have been like had Walt lived longer. Probably nothing like it does now.

So, we ducked out of here, and walked down Hollywood Blvd towards

June_08_2011_00001033.jpg

The wait time was too long, and I was chicken today.

June_08_2011_00001036.jpg

Instead, I wasn't too chicken for this. Go figure.

Sweetie and Boo rode with me. I am certain Sheldon and Dan went back to the room before the Rock and Roller Coaster. It was time to go back. So did we take the Friendship Boat, or walk back?

Coming up: I HATE Clowns, and this one is no exception.

Of course it was Boo! I've always had my suspicions about that girl... :rotfl:

How fun!!!

We enjoyed our meal at Mama Melrose. Was that a raspberry Mojito??? It looks WAY YUM!!!

Cute pictures at One Man's Dream. We have not taken the time to go through this. Someday.

Walk or Boat? I'm guessing your clown comment gives IT away.

Beach Club is such a convenient place to stay. I love how you can just walk to Epcot or DHS. And it looks so beautiful, too. Maybe someday!

Cupcakes for breakfast! :rotfl: Great way to start the day.

Of course it was Boo! I've always had my suspicions about that girl... :rotfl:

How fun!!!

We enjoyed our meal at Mama Melrose. Was that a raspberry Mojito??? It looks WAY YUM!!!

Cute pictures at One Man's Dream. We have not taken the time to go through this. Someday.

Walk or Boat? I'm guessing your clown comment gives IT away.

I wish I had a picture of Boo's reaction when she realized it was her!

Beach Club is such a convenient place to stay. I love how you can just walk to Epcot or DHS. And it looks so beautiful, too. Maybe someday!

Cupcakes for breakfast! :rotfl: Great way to start the day.

Only at Disney is a cupcake for breakfast acceptable.

Beach Club was awesome!

I don't know I would specify them as creepy. All clowns, in my humble opinion, are creepy.

You read that right.

All clowns.

But even as the thought of a clown scares the bejeebies out of me, I found myself drawn to seeing the Keister Coaster at Boardwalk Inn. So instead of taking the boat back to the Beach Club, we walked.

June_08_2011_00001042.jpg

Although I find the Swan and Dolphin resorts cool, I have no desire to stay there.

June_08_2011_00001044.jpg

At BWI. . .

I don't know what drew me to it, but before long, I was here:

June_08_2011_00001045.jpg

YIKES!

My DIS Friends, I stood there all of 10 seconds before I was ready to leave.

By this time, the girls and I were all thirsty, so we grabbed a drink at the Boardwalk Bakery. Where I learned something.

Whatever water they use at the Boardwalk Bakery for sodas is not the same as any other location at Disney. This was verified later in the week. Either way, I won't be returning to the Bakery for the same stuff I could get at Starring Rolls and yucky soda. :sick:

We did walk along, taking photos of our resort. . .

June_08_2011_00001048.jpg

June_08_2011_00001051.jpg

June_08_2011_00001052.jpg

THis is one of my favorites from the week.

June_08_2011_00001055.jpg

Looking back towards the Boardwalk

By this time, we had found the super secret side entrance at the Beach Club and it was well-welcomed.

June_08_2011_00001064.jpg

Shhh. . .They will all be using it.

We made it to the room to find the Mousekeeper had been there:

June_08_2011_00001065.jpg

This was way-impressive!

June_08_2011_00001066.jpg

Minnie looks like she owns the place!

We settled in for some well-needed rest. Since we had eaten lunch, we had no reservations for the night, and really had no plans for the night. It was at that point, someone decided that the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes would be a great idea for the night. So rest we did, knowing it would be a long night ahead!

Coming up. . .If the hot dog is green, for heaven sakes, don't eat it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter