Avis/Budget upgraded Parking

HMcH

Earning My Ears
Can anyone walk me through what is needed to claim the free upgraded parking for having an Avis or Budget rental car:
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/corporate-partners/avis-budgetRent with Avis or Budget and enjoy complimentary upgraded Prime Parking at Universal Orlando Resort™ with Avis and Budget rentals from the Orlando International Airport.

Do I just need to show my rental agreement? The "Terms and Conditions" talk about a Voucher, and I just wanted to make sure this Voucher wasn't something I had to pick up with the Rental Car or somewhere else.

Thanks for looking!

I called Avis, they had never heard of it. I called Universal, and they've never heard of it either. Universal did find it on their website. They said its for the parking garages at Citywalk. They said to ask the hotel when you check in. I don't know, if they'll know, but the hotel could probably get the ball rolling on finding out.

Parking at the on-site hotels is not free
Daily charge if you park at the hotels

Looks like the only free parking you could get is for the parks

Universal owns the parks
Loews has the onsite hotels

I'd have to look it up, but usually with Avis there's a code you have to enter when making the reservation. You may be able to enter the code if you edit a reservation as well.

Just be careful--we edited our reservation to add an Avis preferred number (or whatever their rewards program is) and it added $30 to our reservation! My husband had to call Avis customer service to get them to take the extra $$ off.

Edit: Also, we looked into this deal and it's...mehhh. It doesn't give you free parking, just covers the difference between the regular parking and Prime Parking (at the actual parks, not the hotel). I believe you have to ask for the voucher when you pick up your rental.

Just wanted to give an update:

When I pulled up to the parking attendant, I simply told her I had a Budget rental car and wanted to take advantage of the free upgraded parking. She took a look at my rental contract and marked my car for prime parking. It was simple as can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter