August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Was just coming to post this. My rental that is just shy of 200 is now over 500:confused:

I wouldn't count on this being the end. In May they did drop again after this climb. Keep checking.

pigletto said:
Was just coming to post this. My rental that is just shy of 200 is now over 500:confused:

I wouldn't count on this being the end. In May they did drop again after this climb. Keep checking.

Yes, we were able to get our May rental for $99 - for a week and that was over Memorial Day! So, I'm hoping these end of August rates drop again too

Just had $12 per day for an economy car accepted by Priceline for 12 days. Immediately was offered an upgrade to a full size for $2 more per day. $14 per day, full size from Avis....very satisfied.

Just had $12 per day for an economy car accepted by Priceline for 12 days. Immediately was offered an upgrade to a full size for $2 more per day. $14 per day, full size from Avis....very satisfied.

Is the $14 per day taxes and fees included, as well as unlimited mileage?

If so, that's a great rate. If not, what was your "final" price?

My dollar is also up today ~$50 from $215 last week. My rental is for Aug 18-29th and a full size car (city special).

Is the $14 per day taxes and fees included, as well as unlimited mileage?

If so, that's a great rate. If not, what was your "final" price?

Hi Gina!:wave2:

I don't think it includes taxes and fees. I bid 15, and it took me to a new page where it added a whack of stuff that brought it to 265 or so. My Alamo rate for 11 days works out to 190 with everything in.. so be careful on the priceline bids because they go way up with additional stuff. You do see it before you hit submit though, so you can compare before committing.

Just wondering about Priceline and mco. Do u only get the major places like dollar, thrifty, Avis, hertz, and Alamo or does it also bid Payless, fox, stix and advantage?
thanks!

Hi Gina!:wave2:

I don't think it includes taxes and fees. I bid 15, and it took me to a new page where it added a whack of stuff that brought it to 265 or so. My Alamo rate for 11 days works out to 190 with everything in.. so be careful on the priceline bids because they go way up with additional stuff. You do see it before you hit submit though, so you can compare before committing.

Hey there pigletto :goodvibes ,

Thanks for the info (I should have known that you would know the answer to that question.....savvy traveller that you are :thumbsup2).

I think my rental works out to $16 per day, taxes and fees included (with a free additional driver), and we thought that was a great deal. That $14 per day price had me a little green with envy. :rotfl:

Hotwire seems to have some decent rates for TPA right now. It would save me $50 over the rate I booked through the KLM deal. With National through Emerald you get a free extra driver though, right? I think with Hotwire I would lose the extra driver. Decisions, decisions. Anyone else try the current Hotwire deal? What car rental company did you get?

Need to find a decent rate out of CCC August 15-19. So Alamo or National.
Transferring resorts and need to do a bit of offsite travel those days so it has to be a local place I can get to easily, though I'm not sure how to get *to* the CCC lol.

Right now lowest I'm finding for a midsize through them using membership and codes is about $160 total. Ugh.

Transferring resorts and need to do a bit of offsite travel those days so it has to be a local place I can get to easily, though I'm not sure how to get *to* the CCC lol.

Call them and ask for a pickup at your (or any) resort -- 407 824-3470

Looks like the budget Y937800 coupon code is still working. It has always given me the lowest rate and no documents needed at counter to support the code

Alamo's rates are down again. Not as low as they once were but $135 for a standard for 8/14-8/22.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Alamo's rates are down again. Not as low as they once were but $135 for a standard for 8/14-8/22.

Are you picking up and dropping off from the same location (airport or something?) My rates are so much higher for close to the same timeframe but I am picking up/dropping off at different places. Port Canaveral (cruise) and I can drop off at the car care center or mco.

DisneyYahoo said:
Are you picking up and dropping off from the same location (airport or something?) My rates are so much higher for close to the same timeframe but I am picking up/dropping off at different places. Port Canaveral (cruise) and I can drop off at the car care center or mco.

Mco both ways.

kimpossible said:

What codes are you using??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter