August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Rates still no going down for Tampa. Tried some of these codes that everyone is having luck with and Alamo is $1180 for a minivan from 8/18 to 9/1.

Saved another $12 today... Down to $135!!!! (standard size, additional driver, August 24-31)

ETA: using the Insiders code and AA coupon AD2359FDF

I am still sitting at $109 for a midsize no matter what. I am thinking this may be as low as they are going to go for my dates (which is a great deal, but still not low enough for me to rent a car). We will just take a taxi for the couple of places that I don't want to be bothered with long commutes (namely to and from DTD and one resort to resort trip for dinner).

Also, for those checking on minivans, they were down to $260 +/- this AM for 8/8 to 8/14 using the insider and the AA code posted above. They were over $400 yesterday.

:banana:EVEN LOWER!

Using the AMEX code 7014291 and insiders Id my 10 day minivan came down to $409!

Both the dh and I are insiders members so according to mousesavers the additional driver is free!!

I feel like a day trader! Who knows maybe I will get to my target number of $199:yay:

Thanks for the great tip! I called Alamo to confirm and YES, we still get the free additional driver when using the Amex code. Yay for Alamo Insiders!! :cool1:

My one week rental (standard size car) is now down to $115.93 all taxes and fees included. Happy dance!!! :hyper: :dance3: :banana: :dance3: :hyper:

Of course, I still want it to go lower ;) .

I am still sitting at $109 for a midsize no matter what. I am thinking this may be as low as they are going to go for my dates (which is a great deal, but still not low enough for me to rent a car). We will just take a taxi for the couple of places that I don't want to be bothered with long commutes (namely to and from DTD and one resort to resort trip for dinner).

Also, for those checking on minivans, they were down to $260 +/- this AM for 8/8 to 8/14 using the insider and the AA code posted above. They were over $400 yesterday.
Yeah, if you don't NEED a car then it's an extra 109 expense. And if it's not a necessity then that has to be factored in....

For me, I have no option of "free" DME, so I have to get us from the aiprort and pay ..no matter what. That costs about 106, plus tip. No matter what, I'm out that money. So this will be a little bonus that I can use it for DTD and water parks and dinner at resorts. Probably won't take it INTO a park but it will be worth it.

STILL going Down! Keep checking those reservations!!
I just changed my reservation again with Alamo. Minivan 10 days Aug 10-12 $353. using AA code and insiders id.

Still hoping for lower!

In just 10 min I saved another 20.00! Now down to 333.78. I can't seem to get the $260 you mentioned though. I have tried just the AA code, the AA code with insiders, The amex code with AA code and insiders and the lowest is the last one at $333.78. Was that 260. total or base rate? b/c my base rate is 246.

Thanks!
:hippie:

In just 10 min I saved another 20.00! Now down to 333.78. I can't seem to get the $260 you mentioned though. I have tried just the AA code, the AA code with insiders, The amex code with AA code and insiders and the lowest is the last one at $333.78. Was that 260. total or base rate? b/c my base rate is 246.

Thanks!
:hippie:

total, but it was for a 7 day rental.

Thanks for the great tip! I called Alamo to confirm and YES, we still get the free additional driver when using the Amex code. Yay for Alamo Insiders!! :cool1:

My one week rental (standard size car) is now down to $115.93 all taxes and fees included. Happy dance!!! :hyper: :dance3: :banana: :dance3: :hyper:

Of course, I still want it to go lower ;) .

Your :welcome:

For those of you coming into Tampa, it may be worth your while to grab a cab and pick up your minivan at Clearwater airport (PIE).
If you pick up at PIE and drop off at TPA, Enterprise rates for a minivan are around $10/day.
Looks like most dates in August are available. No codes are required.

I booked a standard for 4 nights, and got a rate using my Alamo insiders for $76, with taxes and a VISA $15 code it got the total to $112. I'm thinking however that I would prefer to rent with American Express. Anyone have the AE code (valid for less than a 5 days rental) that you can post here. Thanks!

I booked a standard for 4 nights, and got a rate using my Alamo insiders for $76, with taxes and a VISA $15 code it got the total to $112. I'm thinking however that I would prefer to rent with American Express. Anyone have the AE code (valid for less than a 5 days rental) that you can post here. Thanks!

If you use the AMEX code you have to pay for it with your AMEX. The code is listed on the AMEX web site.

For those of you coming into Tampa, it may be worth your while to grab a cab and pick up your minivan at Clearwater airport (PIE).
If you pick up at PIE and drop off at TPA, Enterprise rates for a minivan are around $10/day.
Looks like most dates in August are available. No codes are required.

I just looked this up and you are right on with the price. I am just wondering how it could be so cheap. HOw can it only be under $200 for a two week rental. It makes me wonder if I will have a problem.

Same car I booked through Alamo yesterday for $100 (7 days) with taxes and fees is now $294 today!!

So happy I snagged it yesterday when I did!!

J

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter