Artist Point - Why I Always Come Back

PrincessAurora

<font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre
This has always been the first restaurant that I go to at the World for dinner. It never fails to make me happy and get my trip off to a great start. For the past 4 years I was staying at Wilderness Lodge and would get in around 7pm so it made Artist Point a great choice to unwind from an 8 hour travel day.

This trip Wilderness Lodge Woods View was booked so I moved to Animal Kingdom Lodge and with a later plane, didn't get to The Kingdom until 10:30pm. So my first full day of park fun (at Magic Kingdom) was going to be my Artist Point day. It was also Super Bowl Sunday.

I was able to see some of the game with my early dinner ressie (and see the rest once I finished so Yay!). The dining room is really amazing and has some nice views. I had been going through Lodge withdrawal so it was nice to hang "at home".

Another good point of getting there right when the restaurant opens is you can get a good seat with a view especially if you are eating solo.

So for my first solo trip I started out with my standard:
mush_soup.jpg
[/IMG]

Smoky Portobello Soup with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil $9

This is just wonderful. So smooth, creamy, mushroomy (is mushroomy a word? If it's not it should be). I would lick the bowl if I could.

For my entree:
DSC00029.jpg
[/IMG]
Pan Crusted Black Cod - with wild mushroon, onion and bacon ragout, polenta puree and white truffle vinaigrette $31

This was really lovely! The fish was cooked to perfection. The fish had great color and a bit of char on the outside but was buttery soft inside. It paired wonderfully with the mushrooms, bacon and the puree.

I decided to skip dessert in favor of a lovely glass of wine. To me, carbs/sugars are a trade off. It is one or the other, never both. It helps keep the weight off. I have found that with good food choices, skipping empty calorie crap, no deep fried food, no sugary sodas, easy on the sweets and lots of walking I don't come home with an extra 5 pounds.

This was a great start to my trip!

I just love the Portobello Soup. Its a meal in itself.

Last trip as we stayed at WL Artist Point was our first and last restaurant we visited.

On our next trip later this year have again penciled it in as our first restaurant.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks for the review! Now I regret that I didn't order the cod last week :headache: but the pork chop was still delicious.

Wow, looks wonderful :cool1:
We are trying to decide between WL and AKL for our next trip but I think this has just made me mind up :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter