ART-shuttle question

minniefaye

DIS Veteran
We are going to DL in March(spring break:scared1: ) and are staying off site for the first time. We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn Garden Grove and they offer the ART shuttle. Has anyone used this? Is it convenient? Is it crowded, long lines, any suggestions, etc....? thanks Oh yeah, I should mention that we won't have a car so that is really our only option, I just want to be "prepared".

Yes I have used it, and you can purchase the pass pretty much at any of the surrounding hotels, there is a ticket machine right at Disneyland, and some of the convenient stores in the area carry them as well. You wont have problem getting your hands on them.

The shuttle costs $3 per person per day for the whole day. The shuttle will pick you up at the nearest shuttle bus stop by your hotel (They say every 15 min) but lets be realistic it really is about every 20-25.

You shouldnt have a problem in March getting a seat on the first bus as it is slower season, but if you were going like peak season the busses can be full and they will bypass you.

These ART shuttles pick you up, take your right to Disneyland and will run an hour after the park closes. As the shuttle drops you off they will tell you when the last shuttle leaves at night and when they go down for an hour in the afternoon for lunch break. I cant recall the actual time but its around 12-1pm. Other then that you can go back to the bus loop just outside Disneylands gates at any time and go find where your shuttle is located. Each ART shuttle bus is numbered and drives to that numbered post in the bus loop. Remember what number your bus is and go stand at that post when you want to get picked up and the next shuttle will get you on and take you back to your hotel.

Its a bit more time consuming taking the shuttle and a bit of a hassle when you have younger kids who need afternoon naps. But my mom and I took it and it didnt bother us one bit. :thumbsup2 Hope this helps a bit.

We have used ART off and on since most of the time we prefer to walk the 1/2 mile from the hotel. The have letters that correspond to the routes. Make sure you know when shift change is and when lunch is because the get behind during those times, just ask the driver. You should not have any problems based on when you are going.

Have fun,

Jack

ART is fine. Can get a little packed, but overall is good. Like others have said, check the bus number when you get off. It is very important. Opening and closing of park are busy times. We find that we walk to park in morning, because one time the bus was full and didnt stop. We ended up being late. Overall a good service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter