Armed Forces Salute Room/Ticket Discount: 2011/12 (Spring Break Update)

I called back again LOL this time the gal said that not all the resorts have been released yet, so only some have.... and the Contemporary isn't one of them :( SO I get to call daily and check for it to release :rotfl:

I just got off the phone with the CRO/WDTC. They are able to book rooms with the 40% off (I asked about WL/CL) through December 25th. From December 26-31, rooms are priced at rack rate. They are unable to book rooms for 2012 with the discount.

When I asked about the blackout dates after October 1st, the CM said that they were not given any and none are showing up on their screen.

When I asked her to price specific December dates, she was able to give me a price quote, which after December 25th was at the rack rate. She agreed that those dates certainly are blacked-out, but again, the CMs do not have access to those dates.

You'll have to call and price the dates you want and ask for each night's rate to see if they are at the 40% off or at the rack rate. Other than around Thanksgiving and 12/26-31, all 2011 rates, after the October 1st extension, should be at the 40% off.

I called back again LOL this time the gal said that not all the resorts have been released yet, so only some have.... and the Contemporary isn't one of them :( SO I get to call daily and check for it to release :rotfl:

looking for contemporary too
its is a pain to call disney because you waste time going through the stupid give3 us your name, give us your addy crap
so i'll wait till they release the info officially or hear back from you guys who had luck

on the flip side we could always make a res then call back once they do release the info
i guess i rather just do it "right" the first time

I'll let you know when they do release :) I already have the reservation, so all I have to do is modify it thank goodness.... already have it paid off too LOL

Would you mind telling me if any of your December dates were near Christmas?

Our dates our Dec 4th through the 10th.

When I called I said that I heard a rumor that the military discount was now available on rooms. The very nice CM said he heard that rumor too. He made the changes for me. HTH.

Is the 40% only for deluxe? I think the last deal was 30% at value. anyone know if that will still be the case this time?

Thanks,
Myst

Is the 40% only for deluxe? I think the last deal was 30% at value. anyone know if that will still be the case this time?

Thanks,
Myst
Yes, only for the Deluxes. The offer extension should remain the same:

40% off Deluxe Resorts
35% off Moderates and Fort Wilderness Cabins
and 30% off Value Resorts

Our TA adjusted our October trip staying at WL yesterday. Dropped our price about $800. :cool1:

Just called and was told they cannot apply the discount until June 12th and to call back then. The CM on the phone read straight from her computer when you can book.

Just called and was told they cannot apply the discount until June 12th and to call back then. The CM on the phone read straight from her computer when you can book.

Maybe since my reservation was with a travel agent, they were able to book/change it yesterday? I did see that it wasn't updated on the WDW website yet.

Thanks again Steve!! Just called and they modified our reservations. We are staying 3 days at CBR and saved $204. That should help with some of the F&W costs.:cool1:

I just called and was also told they could start booking thru September 30, 2012 on June 12th.

I called and they once again told me there was no availability for Poly or CR, but there WAS for GF and AKL kidani..... so weird..... LOL

Guess I'll call again tomorrow :D

Nice my sis/bil who have the mil cards are coming home on the 12th
I'll be finalizing our trip and calling
Hope cr is part of it because that's what I need based on family size

You guys saw the change in tickets right?
You can now get as many tix as you want as long as they are only sold in transactions of 6 or less
Is is great for multiple trips or people like me who go for more then 4 days at once

EDIT for those who asked about cr...did ey say it wasn't available for your dates or period?

Nice my sis/bil who have the mil cards are coming home on the 12th
I'll be finalizing our trip and calling
Hope cr is part of it because that's what I need based on family size

You guys saw the change in tickets right?
You can now get as many tix as you want as long as they are only sold in transactions of 6 or less
Is is great for multiple trips or people like me who go for more then 4 days at once

EDIT for those who asked about cr...did ey say it wasn't available for your dates or period?
The CR, Poly and all the resorts that have been unavailable thus far, in theory should be available WHEN the WDTC/CRO releases those rooms under the military discount. It seems that some of the resorts, such as the CR, have not had any rooms allocated yet, but they should. When they will is the big question. You may just have to keep calling back until they've released those rooms.

I can verify that at least the WL/CL was available for December because I called about that the day the code was released.

I have no information about "unlimited tickets in sets of 6 or less" being available. From all I have read, the FY12 tix promotion is exactly the same as the FY11 promotion and up to 6 tickets total can be purchased. However, if you have purchased tickets in FY11, you can purchase up to 6 more (if the sponsor is present) at one time to use after 9/30/11 (for FY12).

Where did you get the information about unlimited tix? (I hope it wasn't a bus driver:laughing:)

Just called this morning switched to CSR with the military rate for$109. DH didn't want to stay at the Poly he likes CSR better, I like it better for my wallet :lmao: and the bus services rocks there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter