Armed Forces Salute Room/Ticket Discount: 2011/12 (Spring Break Update)

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
Both the Military Salute room-only discount and the discounted 4-day tickets have been extended through 9/12.

The discount is:

40% off Deluxe Resorts
35% off Moderates and Fort Wilderness Cabins
30% off Value Resorts

WDW SPECIAL OFFER PAGE:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....romotionCode=fy11military&market=fy11military

MILITARY SALUTE DISCOUNT FAQ:

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disneys-Armed-Forces-Salute-FAQ.html

MORE DETAILS:

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html

Thank you, Steve!

11/27 UPDATE:

The WDW room-only and ticket blackout dates are NOT the same. I was able to book a CL room, during Spring Break using the Military Salute room-only 40% off during a period when the tickets are blacked-out. You should call the WDTC and have them put in the dates you would like to use the room-only discount to see if it comes up at rack rate or at the discounted rate.

TICKET BLACKOUT DATES:
26-31 December 2011
1-12 April 2012
4 July 2012 (Magic Kingdom only)

7/6 UPDATE:
From Steve TLT's blog:

From the Disney Military Sales Dept.
“Qualified Military Members are eligible for twelve total “Salute” tickets throughout the life of the promotion (October 3, 2010-September 30, 2012). They may never purchase/activate/utilize more than six per day.

Disney will continue to collect military Guest information during the ticket booth activation process in order to track proper utilization.”

I started receiving info on this a week ago but held off releasing it as the details I received from Disney Military Sales were discriminatory towards those who had already purchased some Salute tickets. Their initial email said that there would be a limit of two purchases/activations with a max of 6 tickets each. So those who hadn’t purchased salute tickets since 3 Oct ’10 could buy a total of 12, while those who had purchased tickets (like me I bought 2 last fall) could only buy 6 more as the second visit. I queried them on this part of the policy and they decided to change the offer to be equitable to all as stated above.

6/28 UPDATE:
MILITARY SALUTE TICKET POLICY CHANGE:

Thanks to dmband for posting the link to the Military Salute ticket policy change:goodvibes. Cheshire Figment posted the following on 6/28/11:

There has been a change to the announcement related to the Armed Forces Salute tickets. This is a direct quote from the official internal notice:

"Military Personnel can purchase 4-Day Disney Military Promotion tickets any time during the offer period for themselves and up to 5 family members and/or friends. To purchase these tickets, Military Personnel must present valid United States Military identification (active or retired). Sales locations should refer to the Military ID Reference Sheet for verification.

• If active members of the U.S. Military are unable to come to the Walt Disney World Resort during the offer period, their spouses may purchase the 4-Day Disney Military Promotion Tickets during this period for up to five (5) family members and/or friends (including the spouse).

• Unaccompanied spouses purchasing the 4-Day Disney Military Promotion Tickets must present valid and active U.S. Military I.D. Spouses of activated members of the National Guard or Reservists must present a valid Military ID.

• Guests may participate in this offer two (2) separate times during the entire duration of this promotion."

So it appears that it is clear that:

(1) The service member must be present to get six tickets

(2) The spouse may only purchase five tickets, and

(3) It is limited to twice during the period October 24, 2010 and September 30, 2012.

That's great to know! But I bet my dates (Dec 22-30 2011) are blacked out. :mad:
For most discounts, the blackout usually begins December 25 - January 1. However, I thought in 2009 when they extended the military discount, they actually didn't black-out those dates, but my memory is sketchy.

I need to adjust my dates anyway. DD has finally decided on which college she will attend and I'm going off of the last day of finals. So...now I need to depart on the 23rd instead of the 22nd. I'll ask when I call. Hopefully, I can get a discount. July 4th isn't blacked out so maybe Christmas won't be either. :worship:

I need to adjust my dates anyway. DD has finally decided on which college she will attend and I'm going off of the last day of finals. So...now I need to depart on the 23rd instead of the 22nd. I'll ask when I call. Hopefully, I can get a discount. July 4th isn't blacked out so maybe Christmas won't be either. :worship:
Actually, the tix are blacked-out for the MK only:

In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and July 4, 2011 at Magic Kingdom Park.

How exciting that DD has chosen a college. That is such a big step! Congratulations!

I'd rather get the room only military discount with the regular park tickets and dining plan, but I'm not getting my hopes up. But I am going to ask!

I'd rather get the room only military discount with the regular park tickets and dining plan, but I'm not getting my hopes up. But I am going to ask!
When you say "regular" tix I assume you mean through SOG (or your base/post) because with the mil. room-only deal, you can't add park tix because of the Mil. Salute tix, but you can add the DDP.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

this is exciting news, I can't wait to see what the final details will be!

Me, too!

I've been checking, but no black-out dates have been announced.

I'd expect it will take Disney a couple of weeks to get the full details out. But expect the same general dates. Dec 21-Jan 2, second half of April, and around July Fourth potentially.

We have friends who went down in Feb. They used the military discounted tickets, but not the room discount, (stayed with friend's). Can they book a trip in Sept, use the military room discount, and add tickets to their package through WDW? I know they can add dining, but not sure about their tickets.
TYIA

I'd expect it will take Disney a couple of weeks to get the full details out. But expect the same general dates. Dec 21-Jan 2, second half of April, and around July Fourth potentially.

I have your site bookmarked and I get your blog updates, too. Thank you for all the great military Disney-related info. you provide!

We have friends who went down in Feb. They used the military discounted tickets, but not the room discount, (stayed with friend's). Can they book a trip in Sept, use the military room discount, and add tickets to their package through WDW? I know they can add dining, but not sure about their tickets.
TYIA
Unfortunately, the Mil. Salute tix (up to 6 with the sponsor present) must be purchased all at the same time. The room-only offer can be used more than once, however, tix cannot be added.

If your friends were to book a trip for after September, they could purchase more MS tix since the Mil. Salute will have been renewed through 9/2012 by then.

Can I get the room in disney then purchase the military tickets and the dining plan? I thought I read that I cant get the dining plan if I dont have a package. Help?!:confused3

Can I get the room in disney then purchase the military tickets and the dining plan? I thought I read that I cant get the dining plan if I dont have a package. Help?!:confused3
:welcome: to the DIS, bookbunny!

Yes, you can book a military room-only rate and you can add the DDP, you just can't add the tix to the room and the DDP. You must purchase the Mil. Salute tix at your post/base or at SOG after you arrive. You then take the vouchers and exchange them for the tix at any WDW Park or Guest Relations.

So, say I wanted to use the 40% off on a Deluxe and then get park tickets and DDP. I can't get park tix...and must use the mil. tix? Is that correct? My only problem with that is they only offer a 4 day pass - can you add on to this? :confused3

We've never used the mil. tix before, but if we can get the room at a discounted rate, I'm all for it!

My daughter has a military id through her father (my x-husband) we WERE able to use it to get park tickets for my family a couple years ago. I contacted SOG and they said yes I could do anything with her military id that anyone else could do with one. I didn't have any problems.

Now here is my question. My daughters ID expires the end of this August and we are planning a trip in Novemeber. My X should give me another one when the current ID expires as he is supposed to but I never know for sure with him. Now my question is if I book the room offer with the 40 percent off and by some odd chance for whatever reason he doesn't give me a new ID for my daughter do you think anyone would give me a hard time at check in? I would still have the old one but it expires the end of August. I am just trying to look at the worst case scenario. Of course I am hoping to have it.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

You are allowed up to 6 tickets under the deal. So you can buy 6 pp according to our exchange office. And no when you are at Disney can you add to the ticket or upgrade it. Can't apply to an AP.

When I used it the last time when I checked in I wasn't asked to show it but we stay club level at the BWI & they didn't ask.

But when you turn the tickets in at the window of GR we had to show ID.

MHO

I am going in September under the 40% & using for the first 4 days with the military ticket & then buying a AP with an unused ticket from last December which we can use to get AP :)

I have a dependent military ID and am planning a solo trip in early Dec 2011 so only need 1 ticket then. If I decide to go back in 2012, can I buy the other 4 tickets then?

My daughter has a military id through her father (my x-husband) we WERE able to use it to get park tickets for my family a couple years ago. I contacted SOG and they said yes I could do anything with her military id that anyone else could do with one. I didn't have any problems.

Now here is my question. My daughters ID expires the end of this August and we are planning a trip in Novemeber. My X should give me another one when the current ID expires as he is supposed to but I never know for sure with him. Now my question is if I book the room offer with the 40 percent off and by some odd chance for whatever reason he doesn't give me a new ID for my daughter do you think anyone would give me a hard time at check in? I would still have the old one but it expires the end of August. I am just trying to look at the worst case scenario. Of course I am hoping to have it.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

When we went last year, we were not asked to provide a military ID at check-in. I suppose, though, that it will depend on the person checking you in. They probably won't notice the expiration date even if they check ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter