Armed Forces Salute Room/Ticket Discount: 2011/12 (Spring Break Update)

Ok, I just got off the phone with reservations. I was on the phone for over 45 minutes as we tried to figure out the discount. I was able to get the room only discount for WL for Oct.16-22. For some reason, she could not apply the dining plan, but she said to keep calling back to see if we can add that later. Weird huh? We got a woods view bunk beds and she said there currently weren't any standard views available with the discount. (i would have preferred to save a buck by having a standard room).

So, if anyone has any luck with getting the dining plan added, let me know, so I can add it.

Ok, I just got off the phone with reservations. I was on the phone for over 45 minutes as we tried to figure out the discount. I was able to get the room only discount for WL for Oct.16-22. For some reason, she could not apply the dining plan, but she said to keep calling back to see if we can add that later. Weird huh? We got a woods view bunk beds and she said there currently weren't any standard views available with the discount. (i would have preferred to save a buck by having a standard room).

So, if anyone has any luck with getting the dining plan added, let me know, so I can add it.
When I called on the 7th to inquire about WL/CL for Christmas, I was asked if I wanted to add the DDP, but I explained that since we're passholders, we use the TIW discount. She then kindly reminded me that I could change my mind if I need to later. I didn't actually book, I was just inquiring, so I don't know how successful she would have been in trying to actually book the DDP, but she did offer. Must be one of many glitches they'll be working-out for a while:upsidedow

Just called this morning switched to CSR with the military rate for$109. DH didn't want to stay at the Poly he likes CSR better, I like it better for my wallet :lmao: and the bus services rocks there too!

Yeah for you! Just think what you could do with the savings: Stay longer, add the DDP, upgrade your DDP, add some tours, the possibilities are endless;)

I hope you have a great time at CSR!

Hello everyone. Quick question here. I see that military families can begin booking with the discount for 2012 on June 12 2011. Does anyone know if 2 BR villas are included in the 40% deluxe discount? I don't know if they consider villas a separate entity or part of the deluxe resorts for the discount purposes. Any insight would be appreciated!

Hello everyone. Quick question here. I see that military families can begin booking with the discount for 2012 on June 12 2011. Does anyone know if 2 BR villas are included in the 40% deluxe discount? I don't know if they consider villas a separate entity or part of the deluxe resorts for the discount purposes. Any insight would be appreciated!
I booked a one bedroom at BLT last year. You can definitely book DVC villas with the discount, but there's no guarantee that every room category will be available or it might not be available right now since it appears they haven't released all resorts under the extension yet. But don't give up!

The dining plan add-on is still under construction.

When booking rooms under military discount do you call the normal booking number? Also its my mom who is military and will be with us on that particular trip, am I able to call and book it in her name and then she show her military spouse ID when we arrive?

Sorry I never dealt with any of the military discounts but since my mom is going on this trip it would be nice, especially since we are paying for everything, LOL..

When booking rooms under military discount do you call the normal booking number? Also its my mom who is military and will be with us on that particular trip, am I able to call and book it in her name and then she show her military spouse ID when we arrive?

Sorry I never dealt with any of the military discounts but since my mom is going on this trip it would be nice, especially since we are paying for everything, LOL..
I just answered your PM about this, but for others who are wondering...

I think that the ID cardholder needs to make all the reservations, but you need to call the WDTC and ask if you can put the reservation in your mom's name first (primary) and put your name as secondary guest and make the payment equal to the first night's charge yourself. As long as she is at check-in with you, it shouldn't be a problem, but I've never personally done this.

Military room-only reservations can be made through the Walt Disney Travel CO./Central Reservations Office at:

(407) 939-7830

The res name doesn't matter
At least in 10 it didn't
I called the normal res phone number

I made a. 3 room res in different names and none of them where the military person
At check in they asked to see the I'd and said nothing else about it or the names

So I called today and the gal I talked to told me that the 40% off rooms had 'always been available' so they 'must have already been booked' and I said 'well the extension was just released on Monday..... so they booked in 36 hrs? All of them?' then she wouldn't say anything else..... except basically I'm SOL and to quit calling....... I REALLY wish that they would do something so that when you call you get the same darn answer for stuff..... I don't know how many different stories I've heard from 'they're not all released yet' to 'o they've been available since January' to 'they were released and are already all booked'

Mind you I have had them look at BLT, the Poly and CR and there are NO rooms at ALL available........

So I called today and the gal I talked to told me that the 40% off rooms had 'always been available' so they 'must have already been booked' and I said 'well the extension was just released on Monday..... so they booked in 36 hrs? All of them?' then she wouldn't say anything else..... except basically I'm SOL and to quit calling....... I REALLY wish that they would do something so that when you call you get the same darn answer for stuff..... I don't know how many different stories I've heard from 'they're not all released yet' to 'o they've been available since January' to 'they were released and are already all booked'

Mind you I have had them look at BLT, the Poly and CR and there are NO rooms at ALL available........

I've found a wide disparity in the knowledge level of Disney CRO workers at the call center. Last year one guy was actually doing something like a google search of company documents to find the info I was talking about, while I was on the phone with him.

Either call back and talk to someone else, or use a fee free travel agent. They are used to leading the CRO people to get you what you need. I can recommend one if you PM me.

Steve

I tried today (6/12) to apply the room only codes to my existing Jan 2012 reservation and the CM told me the codes had not yet been released and to check back in a few weeks. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

I've found a wide disparity in the knowledge level of Disney CRO workers at the call center. Last year one guy was actually doing something like a google search of company documents to find the info I was talking about, while I was on the phone with him.

Either call back and talk to someone else, or use a fee free travel agent. They are used to leading the CRO people to get you what you need. I can recommend one if you PM me.

Steve

There is nothing that a TA can do about availability, if there is not availability at a resort with a discount. CMs simply put the codes in, select resort, the system does the rest. If there isn't a lot of general availability in a particular room category, the resort doesn't have to allocate availability for the discount. It is the resort's decision to allow what, if any, availability will be available with a discount. Not CRO's.

WooHoo! I was able to book the Poly with the military discount for next May! So excited!! It saved us $1275 over 6 nights!!

WooHoo! I was able to book the Poly with the military discount for next May! So excited!! It saved us $1275 over 6 nights!!

Now it's official - someone has actually booked the Poly in '12 with the 40% discount:thumbsup2

Have a great time planning:goodvibes

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter