Armed Forces Salute Room/Ticket Discount: 2011/12 (Spring Break Update)

I have a curious question that I can't find the answer to. I looked at my 2010 trip, which was at POFQ with a Military room discount and I had purchased DDP. Neither the confirmation nor the invoice printed out anything itemized, like room rate or DDP cost (which I know) or tax. So I can't go back and try to itemize.

So my question is: Is the room rate taxed at 12.5% resort tax rate, and the DDP taxed at 6.5% retail food tax rate? Does anyone know the correct answer to this? TIA :)

Yes, that is correct, room is 12.5% and food is 6.5%.

I have a 3 quick questions. We have a trip booked for Nov. (Thanksgiving week) and will be getting the mil salute 4 day park hoppers. My brother has active mil ID and will be going with us. We booked with the mil room discount plus QS dining at CSR. Here are my questions.
1) The day we get the tickets activated, do we have to use one of our park days on that day? We will arrive late one day, and would like to go ahead and activate them so they'll be ready for use early the next morning.

2) Does my brother have to enter the parks with us every day? Will they check for his ID every time we enter a park? If so, this might be more trouble than it's worth because he's not really a morning person and we like to go EARLY to beat the crowds.

3) Does my brother have to be there at check-out? I know he has to be there at check-in but he might leave Wed. night when we are planning on checking out and leaving Thurs. I am the one who reserved and paid for the room if that matters.

Sorry this is so long! Thanks for your help!

You have to show your military ID when you activate the tickets. You can use them the next day or the same day you activate them. You don't have to show the ID again when you go to the parks. Just at check in (though I didn't have to this past June) & when you go to activate the tickets.

Don't think it matters if your brother is there the whole time or not. He need to be there when you check in & activate the tickets :)

Hope I help out some I am a little sleepy as I am getting ready to leave for my solo trip to Disney today. In fact leaving soon :banana::banana:

I have a 3 quick questions. We have a trip booked for Nov. (Thanksgiving week) and will be getting the mil salute 4 day park hoppers. My brother has active mil ID and will be going with us. We booked with the mil room discount plus QS dining at CSR. Here are my questions.
1) The day we get the tickets activated, do we have to use one of our park days on that day? We will arrive late one day, and would like to go ahead and activate them so they'll be ready for use early the next morning.

2) Does my brother have to enter the parks with us every day? Will they check for his ID every time we enter a park? If so, this might be more trouble than it's worth because he's not really a morning person and we like to go EARLY to beat the crowds.

3) Does my brother have to be there at check-out? I know he has to be there at check-in but he might leave Wed. night when we are planning on checking out and leaving Thurs. I am the one who reserved and paid for the room if that matters.

Sorry this is so long! Thanks for your help!

(1)You do not need to go to the park on the day you activate. I just did mine at Downtown Disney Guest services and I wont use them until Sept.

(2) Your brother only needs to be there to activate the tickets and show his ID then. He has to give the name and age for each ticket he is activating. They write the names on the back and that's it. You never need to show a military ID again.

(3) Your brother only needs to be there to check you in not check out. I had family that stayed later than I did last time and it was fine.

Word of caution if anyone is buying tickets at Shades of Green. I just went last Sunday on my way home and it took over an hour to stand in the ticket line there. I have never seen it that bad in all the times I have bought a military ticket. They had 3 people working too. Just a really long line of people who wanted tickets.

I was told the dates of our trip are blacked out for Nov 22-Dec 5th so we can't get the discount. Should I try calling again and talk to someone else?

I was told the dates of our trip are blacked out for Nov 22-Dec 5th so we can't get the discount. Should I try calling again and talk to someone else?

You can always try and call back. It may be a case of there no longer being any rooms left with the discount for your dates rather than your dates being blacked out.

I am hoping someone can help me with this silly question...... I have a trip booked for November and am planning on purchasing the military tickets at TTC the first day of our trip. On the website it says tickets must be purchased by Sept 28, 2011 and activated by Oct 1, 2011. Is their website wrong or do the tickets need to be purchased in advance???? TIA

"4-Day Military Promotional Offer Important Details

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased now through September 28, 2011 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.

Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than October 1, 2012, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required. "

I am hoping someone can help me with this silly question...... I have a trip booked for November and am planning on purchasing the military tickets at TTC the first day of our trip. On the website it says tickets must be purchased by Sept 28, 2011 and activated by Oct 1, 2011. Is their website wrong or do the tickets need to be purchased in advance???? TIA

"4-Day Military Promotional Offer Important Details

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased now through September 28, 2011 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.

Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than October 1, 2012, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required. "

Your tickets are good through 30 Sept 2012. Disney still has not updated their Military Sales website, 3 1/2 months after they announced the extension.

they have updated one page on their WDW site though.

Hey All!!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but thought it would be worth it since you can't really find actual blackout dates listed on Disney website anywhere (other than July 4th)...anyways...we found ourselves in a situation where we have to change our Feb 2012 ressies (booked with mil discount) due to DH school dates (thanks Air Force...);) Anyways, we initially were going to try end of April as that is the other school vacation week in our area, and were unable to book mil discount as most of April and 1st week of May are BLACKED OUT! I found that to be quite crazy, but it's ok, we ended up booking for July.

Would have been nice to be able to see blackout dates listed somewhere, so I could have a better idea of when to book...

I was curious as to whether anyone else was able to book in this timeframe, or maybe it was just this CM?

Thanks!

Hello,

I've been lurking here for several years, but have finally succumbed totally, it would appear!

My fiance and I are planning on going on our honeymoon in WDW in May. My parents, who are both retired military, live in Florida part time and said that they would be willing to go back down after the wedding so that we can get the discount. I am wondering if we could book the room in just our names, and have them present at check-in with their IDs, or do they have to have a room booked on property as well?

Thanks!
Katie

Hey All!!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but thought it would be worth it since you can't really find actual blackout dates listed on Disney website anywhere (other than July 4th)...anyways...we found ourselves in a situation where we have to change our Feb 2012 ressies (booked with mil discount) due to DH school dates (thanks Air Force...);) Anyways, we initially were going to try end of April as that is the other school vacation week in our area, and were unable to book mil discount as most of April and 1st week of May are BLACKED OUT! I found that to be quite crazy, but it's ok, we ended up booking for July.

Would have been nice to be able to see blackout dates listed somewhere, so I could have a better idea of when to book...

I was curious as to whether anyone else was able to book in this timeframe, or maybe it was just this CM?

Thanks!
It may not be a case of actually being blacked out, but rather sold out. The number of rooms offered is limited (and not all resorts are available for all dates) and they could have already been booked.

Hello,

I've been lurking here for several years, but have finally succumbed totally, it would appear!

My fiance and I are planning on going on our honeymoon in WDW in May. My parents, who are both retired military, live in Florida part time and said that they would be willing to go back down after the wedding so that we can get the discount. I am wondering if we could book the room in just our names, and have them present at check-in with their IDs, or do they have to have a room booked on property as well?

Thanks!
Katie

I'm nearly certain that they have to be staying as well. Basically it's a discount for the (retired)military member + the additional room for people vacationing with them.

It may not be a case of actually being blacked out, but rather sold out. The number of rooms offered is limited (and not all resorts are available for all dates) and they could have already been booked.

That is what I was going to say, because it clearly gives the blackout dates, which is like the week of Easter, I believe and sometime around July 4th.

I'm nearly certain that they have to be staying as well. Basically it's a discount for the (retired)military member + the additional room for people vacationing with them.

Thanks for the reply. Would it be allowed if they were to book a room for a night or two, then, so that we could all check in together, or would the length of stay need to match?

Has anyone tried to book the military RO discount for the first week in April? I know the tix are blacked-out, but there was some confusion a while back as to the RO black-out dates.

I was just able to book a WL/CL room the first week in April at 40% off! Even though the tickets are blacked-out, the room-only discount is NOT. In fact, many rooms were available, including CL rooms. It was originally thought that the ticket blackout dates were the same as the room-only blackout dates, but at least for Spring Break, they aren't the same. I've updated the first page to reflect this.

Yes, this. I booked ours in September, and when I called yesterday to adjust my dates slightly (taking a day off the beginning and adding it to the end) and was unable to do so because there was NO availiability for that date at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter