are rooms 6002,6004,6502,6504 secret porthole rooms as well?

LIMOGE7

Earning My Ears
I was told by the disney cruise reservationist that these rooms Cat. 11 standard inside rooms also had windows. They are the only cat. 11's on deck 6 and if you look at a layout of the deck they do seem to be on the outside of that deck. Do they have windows or not! Please assist if you have any knowledge of these rooms or have stayed in one of them. Thanks in advance, Tammy

I don't believe these rooms have windows. When you look at a photo of the outside of the ship, these rooms are blocked by some supporting structure that holds up the portion of the Bridge that extends out over the side of the ship... the area where they guide the ship in and out of the docks.

They ARE on the outside of the ship -- but I have never heard of anyone mentioning another 'secret' porthole area? If they had portholes -- I would think that they would have put them in the cat #10 class????

I dont think they are. I have a picture of the ship that I took on our cruise a few weeks ago. If you happen to have one handy check it out. On deck 6 there are 11 portholes next to the verandahs. Those would be rooms 6526-6506. Then there is some white side of the ship which must be where the cat 11's, 6504 & 6502 are. Then there is 1 more porthole which would be 6500, the handicap cat 8 room.
Its funny, the pictures in the brochure(or at least the brochure I have) dont show the actual window set up. :confused:

They are definitely not secret porthole rooms.
How ironic...usually the DCL agents will tell you that the "real" secret porthole rooms DO NOT have windows. Now they are saying that rooms that really are inside DO have windows!! But don't worry, if you want the real scoop, just stick around here...DISers know all the secrets :teeth:
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta
these rooms are blocked by some supporting structure that holds up the portion of the Bridge that extends out over the side of the ship... the area where they guide the ship in and out of the docks.

I believe this is called the bridge wing. If you get the chance, go up to deck 10 all the way forward on the dock side of the ship when it's about to shove off. It's pretty cool to watch them pilot the ship out of the harbor using the little control panel out on the wing.

here are some pics (they're starboard, but same layout)

http://www.dcltribute.com/wallpaper/magic_leaving_port_canaveral_800.jpg

from Dave's site

And if you compare that to the DU deck plans you can see
where your rooms are located (under the white curve-y thing)

We are in room 6008 for our cruise which puts (by my count) us the 2nd window from the curve thing on the other side of course

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/images/official_logos/cruise/99_05_24_DCLDeckPlans.jpg

hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter