Are dining plans attached to your resort or tickets or ?

housetomouse

DIS Veteran
We have not booked a Disney package (will do Room Only on Disney property). We will probably purchase park tickets through Undercover Tourist. Given this set-up, can we add a dining plan to this? Thanks!

No. The DDP can only be added as a package with room+tickets+dining. The exceptions are: military promos, AP ticketless packages, or staying DVC on points.

We have not booked a Disney package (will do Room Only on Disney property). We will probably purchase park tickets through Undercover Tourist. Given this set-up, can we add a dining plan to this? Thanks!

Tickets purchased outside the park are only a small discount and if you want the DDP you can only do it with a package. Depending on when you go you could be going during a time of free dining. If that were the case it would more than pay the difference in what tiny discount you would get at undercover tourist!

Tickets purchased outside the park are only a small discount and if you want the DDP you can only do it with a package. Depending on when you go you could be going during a time of free dining. If that were the case it would more than pay the difference in what tiny discount you would get at undercover tourist!

Is it possible to have a regular, not deluxe, dining plan with the setup I described? We are not going during free dining. Thanks for the help!

Is it possible to have a regular, not deluxe, dining plan with the setup I described? We are not going during free dining. Thanks for the help!

DDP = Disney Dining Plan
DxDDP = Deluxe Disney Dining Plan
QSDP = Quick Service Dining Plan, also referred to as Counter Service

It does not matter which plan you are talking about or whether it's free or paid dining. You can only get any dining plan as part of a package purchased directly from Disney or one of its authorized travel agents (e.g. AAA, etc)

DDP = Disney Dining Plan
DxDDP = Deluxe Disney Dining Plan
QSDP = Quick Service Dining Plan, also referred to as Counter Service

It does not matter which plan you are talking about or whether it's free or paid dining. You can only get any dining plan as part of a package purchased directly from Disney or one of its authorized travel agents (e.g. AAA, etc)

Thank you very much!!

FWIW, I have a hard time considering over $90 in savings (on 3 tickets) to be "tiny". :confused3 Is it a fraction of the cost? Sure. But tiny? Nope.

OP, to get the dining plan with a normal reservation, free or paid-for, you have to have a package. A package is room, dining plan, and tickets. With "free dining" they have started requiring at least a 2 day ticket for each person. With paid-for dining plan I think you can still get as low as a 1 day ticket for each person in the party.

As others have mentioned, there are AP dining plan packages where you don't have to have the ticket, and with a DVC stay you don't have to have the tickets either. (and, it seems a military promo)

But if you don't qualify for those, you will be buying tickets with the package.

FWIW, I have a hard time considering over $90 in savings (on 3 tickets) to be "tiny". :confused3 Is it a fraction of the cost? Sure. But tiny? Nope.

Did you get an additional discount? I'm looking at the 4, 5 and 6 day tickets and the savings are $5-$10 per person. Maybe not "tiny" but not near the $30+ pp you are seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter