Are 2 twin beds put together the same size as a king?

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
I thought I heard somewhere that 2 twin beds put together are the same size as a king.

Yes the King is longer than a twin. The box spring for a King matress are 2 twin beds

I thought that 2 twin beds equal a Queen, not a king. A king seems MUCH bigger than 2 twin beds.

Two twins can't equal a King because normal twin beds are too short (they are the same length as a full/double). The width might be right but not the length.

We have a King and I can tell you that it's the same width as two twins, but the length is longer.

Kimya

When my dh and I first married we put two twin sized beds and box springs together with a king size mattress (can you guess we were poor and accepting all used furniture anyone was discarding? LOL).
The king sized mattress did fit on those beds perfectly.

a twin mattress is 39 inches by 75 inches
a king mattress is 78 inches by 80 inches

putting two twins together is 5 inches short

We have a regular King (as opposed to a California King) bed, and our box spring is 2 twin box springs, which are the same size as the King mattress.

Our bedroom is upstairs, and a King size box spring (with no ability to bend it because of the wooden frame) would have never gone up our stairwell. The King mattress barely fit...the guys had to bend it and strap it to hold it bent to get it up the stairs.

We have a regular King (as opposed to a California King) bed, and our box spring is 2 twin box springs, which are the same size as the King mattress.

That's what I have, but I'm pretty sure the "twin" box springs are actually about 5 inches longer than actual twin box springs.

Kimya

When my dh and I first married we put two twin sized beds and box springs together with a king size mattress (can you guess we were poor and accepting all used furniture anyone was discarding? LOL).
The king sized mattress did fit on those beds perfectly.

You must have had extra long twin box springs or the mattress would have been longer.

A queen is wider and a king is longer.
A queen is not wider than a king. These are the sizes:

Twin--39 x 75 inches (or 99 x 190 cm)
X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm)
Full--54 x 75 inches (137 x 190 cm)
Queen--60 x 80 inches (or 153 x 203 cm)
King--78 x 80 inches (or 198 x 203 cm)
California King--72 x 84 inches (or 182 x 213 cm)

We are not poor and we still have two twins pushed together!!! It's just as wide as a king but not as long. Someday we will buy a real king!!

That's what I have, but I'm pretty sure the "twin" box springs are actually about 5 inches longer than actual twin box springs.

Kimya

Hmmm...maybe I do have special "twin" boxsprings then. I don't recall the mattress place saying they were any different than any other twin boxspring though.

Live and learn....

My daughter has a trundle bed. We bought something called "Create-A-King" in case we ever wanted to use it as a King, but it's SO far from being like a King, even with it.
308_small.jpg

In Europe "King" means two twins pushed together. We would play, "who wants to sleep in the crack" when trying to be close at night!

We are not poor and we still have two twins pushed together!!! It's just as wide as a king but not as long. Someday we will buy a real king!!

So are the bedframes separate too? Doesn't it slip apart at times if they are separate?

One of my DD's was given a full sized bed so we took away her twin. I was thinking of putting the 2 twins together for my other DD, but I was wondering if I would have to get a new bed frame or if it would work just pushing them together.

I guess it probably wouldn't be a problem because she'd probably only sleep on one side anyway. :laughing:

So are the bedframes separate too? Doesn't it slip apart at times if they are separate?

One of my DD's was given a full sized bed so we took away her twin. I was thinking of putting the 2 twins together for my other DD, but I was wondering if I would have to get a new bed frame or if it would work just pushing them together.

I guess it probably wouldn't be a problem because she'd probably only sleep on one side anyway. :laughing:

I'd imagine that they should be fine just pushed together, unless someone is doing things in the bed that makes it move around! ;)

Kimya

I think it's 2 Extra Long Twin beds.

A queen is wider and a king is longer.

We have a king sized bed the box springs are extra long twin's. The king is MUCH wider then a queen. Two of our kids have queen sized beds and they are no where near as wide as our king.

If you have the metal bedframes they are usually adjustable for twin, double, queen, king so chances are what you have will work. If you have 2 twins frames, just use zip ties around the feet if you don't want them sliding apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter