AP pick up at hotel?

I can let you know in a few weeks! We purchased our APs with the 3 bonus months in January and will be picking them up at RPR when we check in on 4/5. I've gotten a lot of conflicting info so I'm going to give it a try at the hotel ticket desk and see what happens.

Did it work?

shawthorne44, that is a good point. We aren't going until August and I was planning on getting an AP for myself (for hotel rates) and regular passes for my kids. Our flight lands at 11:00 PM, so we'll be checking in close to midnight. I'm sure no one will be at the ticket desk then.
No one will be there for you. Our flight was delayed on Sunday, and we didn’t arrive at Cabana Bay until 6:30. The ticket desk closed at 6:00, and we were told we had to go to Citywalk or guest services at one of the parks if we wanted our APs that night. We ended up waiting nearly 40 minutes at guest services to pick them up, and only made it into US half an hour before close, but it was better than doing it the next morning.

If you are planning to rope drop, my advice is to get to the parks really early (or as early as you can manage given your late arrival time), and send one person to guest services (whoever paid for the AP and tickets) while everyone else holds your place in the entrance line. Otherwise, plan for a chill first day, and mentally adjust your expectations to account for a wait.

However, we had no problem checking in with the AP rate without an AP in hand, so don’t worry about that aspect. But if your only reason for an AP is the hotel rate, be sure to check other options. Sometimes the Savvy Traveler rate is better or you can get a lower rate through a third party seller. The AP rates can be great, but they’re not always available, and they’re not always the cheapest.

No one will be there for you. Our flight was delayed on Sunday, and we didn’t arrive at Cabana Bay until 6:30. The ticket desk closed at 6:00, and we were told we had to go to Citywalk or guest services at one of the parks if we wanted our APs that night. We ended up waiting nearly 40 minutes at guest services to pick them up, and only made it into US half an hour before close, but it was better than doing it the next morning.

If you are planning to rope drop, my advice is to get to the parks really early (or as early as you can manage given your late arrival time), and send one person to guest services (whoever paid for the AP and tickets) while everyone else holds your place in the entrance line. Otherwise, plan for a chill first day, and mentally adjust your expectations to account for a wait.

However, we had no problem checking in with the AP rate without an AP in hand, so don’t worry about that aspect. But if your only reason for an AP is the hotel rate, be sure to check other options. Sometimes the Savvy Traveler rate is better or you can get a lower rate through a third party seller. The AP rates can be great, but they’re not always available, and they’re not always the cheapest.
Thank you! This is very helpful!

Thanks for the info! Makes it much easier to have AP in hand and save some time when on vacation. We'll be staying at Sapphire Falls and I've purchased my AP already to start getting things in order.

Can you pick up AP passes at hotel if you do flex pay instead of full pay? I read somewhere you couldn't but it could have been old information. Thanks!

Is there an advantage to buying the APs ahead of time instead of just doing them at the desk in the hotel? We are going next week (YAY!) and have not purchased any yet.
Also, I can buy them one day and not activate them until the next, right?

Is there an advantage to buying the APs ahead of time instead of just doing them at the desk in the hotel? We are going next week (YAY!) and have not purchased any yet.
Also, I can buy them one day and not activate them until the next, right?

No advantage. And yes, you can activate them whenever you like.

No advantage. And yes, you can activate them whenever you like.
Wait, so you can upgrade at the hotel, but you can't pick up at the hotel, if paying via flex pay? Just making sure I dot all Is and cross all Ts. Thanks

Wait, so you can upgrade at the hotel, but you can't pick up at the hotel, if paying via flex pay? Just making sure I dot all Is and cross all Ts. Thanks

That is how it has been in the past. I have not heard of that changing.

Can you pick up AP passes at hotel if you do flex pay instead of full pay? I read somewhere you couldn't but it could have been old information. Thanks!

We were just there 2 weeks ago and could not pick up our flex pay AP at Portofino. We had to do it at guest services at the park :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter