AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Really disappointed with the amount of our refunds. We activated 4 Platinum out of state passes on 5/10/2019. Asked for a refund on 8/10/2020. We got 4 refund amounts all the same $145. It seems low to me, can anyone help confirm this amount? Should I call Passholder line to inquire?

Really disappointed with the amount of our refunds. We activated 4 Platinum out of state passes on 5/10/2019. Asked for a refund on 8/10/2020. We got 4 refund amounts all the same $145. It seems low to me, can anyone help confirm this amount? Should I call Passholder line to inquire?
Doing the math, it looks like it could be correct. Purchase price in May 2019 for AP was about 952.11, so approx 79.34/month. Park closed 3/15, and your passes would have expired about 5/9/20. Assuming they are refunding just under two months of AP admission, refund is approx 142.70.

Last edited:
Doing the math, it looks like it could be correct. Purchase price in May 2019 for AP was about 952.11, so approx 79.34/month. Park closed 3/15, and your passes would have expired about 5/9/20. Assuming they are refunding just under two months of AP admission, refund is approx 142.70.
Thank you for checking. What a shame. We bought our passes to cover 2 trips. We had 2 20 day trips planned, one May 2019 second May 2020. 2020 obviously got pushed out to 2021. Now we have no passes and no tickets for 2021. The refund doesn't even scratch the surface of buying new tickets to cover next years trip.

We received refund checks today for my pass and my spouse's pass. We did not receive anything for our kids. Is it safe to assume that they could still be processing? Or, is it unusual to receive the refunds at different times? All 4 passes were purchased together, activated together, and used at the exact same times.

Yes - anyone who wanted to could cancel their APs for the remainder of the pass - quite generous on WDW’s part although the execution of the refunds has been quite terrible

Yes - anyone who wanted to could cancel their APs for the remainder of the pass - quite generous on WDW’s part although the execution of the refunds has been quite terrible

How is that generous? Terms of contract had changed. They were "generous" in giving 1 month extension.

As terms changed, folks were given the opportunity to opt out and receive a refund for the remainder of the AP. I think that was at least fair, borderline generous.
There was absolutely nothing generous about what Disney has done with their Passholders. Nothing.
Oh, and I have read every single post in this thread, so I know what all of us have been through these past months.

We received refund checks today for my pass and my spouse's pass. We did not receive anything for our kids. Is it safe to assume that they could still be processing? Or, is it unusual to receive the refunds at different times? All 4 passes were purchased together, activated together, and used at the exact same times.
no one in our 2 families got refunded together. Deposits and checks so far have arrived all different dates. out of 9 refunds, we are waiting on 1 now. Refunds arrived June-November, no pattern, but were requested all on the same day. Frustrating situation.

There was absolutely nothing generous about what Disney has done with their Passholders. Nothing.
Oh, and I have read every single post in this thread, so I know what all of us have been through these past months.
I agree that the cancellation/refund process has been awful. But as one who didn’t cancel, I think it was generous of Disney to extend the expiration of our current APs a total of four months, from mid-October to mid-March.

Separating concept from execution

Disney didn’t really do anything for me yet. I have been waiting for my money since April. With email after email after email after email of why my money still isn’t here. 6-8 weeks processing. Oh wait 8-10 more weeks cause we have to research how we lost ur check that we prob never sent you. A joke. A complete joke. I cxed my next 2 trips. I’m done for a while. My dvc can just sit there. Its paid for and I got my use out of it. I can care less. More time for the beach and fishing on weekends.

Disney didn’t really do anything for me yet. I have been waiting for my money since April. With email after email after email after email of why my money still isn’t here. 6-8 weeks processing. Oh wait 8-10 more weeks cause we have to research how we lost ur check that we prob never sent you. A joke. A complete joke. I cxed my next 2 trips. I’m done for a while. My dvc can just sit there. Its paid for and I got my use out of it. I can care less. More time for the beach and fishing on weekends.
Just sell your dvc

Our passes were due to expire mid April, so we are only entitled to one month refund (x 5 people).. I really wanted a 'pause' option, but since it wasn't offered, I requested cancellation/refund over the summer. I have spent hours and HOURS on the phone, just to be told that I'll get a refund of 'some' amount at 'some' point I the future. We're now almost in December, and it's about 6 months from the time I requested my refund for closure period.
We're going to Disney in two weeks (I know.. I'm an idiot)... and plan on going to the Passholder office to ask for assistance. I'm not sure they can do anything.. but really, this is insane to have no info and have to wait so long...

Our passes were due to expire mid April, so we are only entitled to one month refund (x 5 people).. I really wanted a 'pause' option, but since it wasn't offered, I requested cancellation/refund over the summer. I have spent hours and HOURS on the phone, just to be told that I'll get a refund of 'some' amount at 'some' point I the future. We're now almost in December, and it's about 6 months from the time I requested my refund for closure period.
We're going to Disney in two weeks (I know.. I'm an idiot)... and plan on going to the Passholder office to ask for assistance. I'm not sure they can do anything.. but really, this is insane to have no info and have to wait so long...
Good luck and have fun on your trip. Let us know how you make out at AP desk.

Do your kids' passes still show as active? DD16's pass is still active. DH, myself,and DD20 all got emails that we cancelled our passes thru, but we didn't get an email for DD16. I was hoping she was attached to one of the adult passes, but apparently not. The adult passes disappeared a while ago and we got checks in the mail this week for the 3 adults. At this point I don't expect to get anything for DD16'S pass as it doesn't look like it got cancelled.

Do your kids' passes still show as active? DD16's pass is still active. DH, myself,and DD20 all got emails that we cancelled our passes thru, but we didn't get an email for DD16. I was hoping she was attached to one of the adult passes, but apparently not. The adult passes disappeared a while ago and we got checks in the mail this week for the 3 adults. At this point I don't expect to get anything for DD16'S pass as it doesn't look like it got cancelled.

All of our passes originally ended on 8/4 and reflected that in the My Disney Experience app. At some point, all passes were updated to a 9/4 end date. On or after 9/4, the adult passes disappeared first from the app and the kids' passes disappeared a few weeks later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter