Anyone dieting for something special at the end of June?

good saturday day! sorry i didn't get to really check in yesterday, big day at my house. had to clean :rolleyes2 as family dropping by off and on this weekend, my DD 9 is in her school play. i have been doing pretty well on the eating part, yesterday i had lunch late and was really hungry and ate too many SunChips. then after the play i had some snacks out and had more baked chips and sunchips, now i didn't need those! but -- darn it -- i DID resist the raspberry mousse cake from Whole Foods Market b/c i saw the 2nd ingredient was cream! ok, whew. did have a glass of wine though, gotta go enter that into journal, those were all flex pts but that's ok, first time dipping into them. i have my food planned for today and our company includes my mom who is on WW too so we'll stick together!

disneyfanz -- great job making a plan! that is the hardest for me, deciding how to conquer it, now the easy part of just following the plan! look at your ticker -- 8 more days to go! :woohoo: i think you'll be amazed at the adrenalin from the event and your recovered body from a weeks taper. you'll do great! don't worry about your 8 miler time, great job getting that last endurance day done and over! :smokin:

sara -- sorry you are sick! :wizard: for speedy recovery this week! i hope i didn't sound like an ameatuer trying to teach when we have a pro here! i admire any and all who have completed marathons! that rocks! the training time keeps me at a distance for the next few years or maybe forever :teeth:

minnie -- glad you're back in swing with us! how's the back? how did the lunch go??

well i got a 6 mile powerwalk in this morning with my neighbor, she keeps us moving too. i'm still short 80 mins for my april exercise challenge, pooey! maybe i'll ride my bike later, we'll see!

have a great weekend everyone! stay on plan -- remember how GREAT it feels to get through the hard days working the program!!

oh dddddear -- i got another tag! :teeth:

oh my mother will be so proud of that one --- NOT!!:lmao:

ohMom said:
oh dddddear -- i got another tag! :teeth:

oh my mother will be so proud of that one --- NOT!!:lmao:

CONGRATS on the new tag!!! I just got my first one a couple of days ago...I was so thrilled!!!

Anyway, my daily check-in

Went to WW this morning for WI and am happy to report a loss of 2.4 this week. That puts my total at 25.2(I was aiming for my 25 this week, so I made it!!! :woohoo: ) I really want to lose another 3 pounds this week, so I am really gonna get in my veggies and fruits and really watch my carbs. I started WW at 208lbs and am now down to 182.8, so I would like to be in the 170's before the marathon. I know I can do it I just really have to focus and plan, and I WILL make it. I will be on all week, but then I WI on Friday this week before we have to get to the airport, so I won't be able to update until Monday (5/8) or so. ohMom, thank you again so much for everything, you really have ben more help then you know and I really appriciate it!! I am really getting syked(sp??) about the MINNIE, I cannot believe it is just 8 days away!!!!! And we leave in 6 days!!! WOOHOO!!!! OK enough about me!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Nice day today
Took walk to Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee - 1/2hr walk there, 1/2hr walk back - felt great, an accomplishment. I have done the walk before w/a friend - she wasnt available today so I went myself!

Just me checking in again!!!

Today has been a great day (besides some trials I have gone through last night...I was driving to my DSIL's for a demonstration, and got pulled over, and apparently, my car which is in my moms name doesn't have any registration, and so the impounded my car,,, so now I have to go and deal with that tomorrow, BUT) today was the WalkAmerica walk-a-thon, and I did surprisingly well. It was me, DD(10), DSIL, DN(11) and DN's friend(12), and we made the 5 mile walk in 1 hour and 10 mins. Now, I am not sure how accurate that milage is, but when I asked if it was def. 5 miles I was told yes, so...I think I may be OK for next week. I cannot believe the MINNIE is just 7 days away now. And we leave in 5 :woohoo: !!! I am getting so excited. I think I had myself worried for nothing!! Well, I hope everyone is doing good this weekend. I am going to take the day off from walking, and then Tuesday, I forgot is my DD's first class trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, so I should be OK since it is just a leasurely walk to see the animals.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!!! :goodvibes

well my weekend ended up being :crazy: :rolleyes1 :blush: :confused3 :goodvibes

that makes sense right? :rotfl2:

i did stay on plan technically, but i used every ding dang darn flex point i had so i will most likely not lose this week. hindsight seems disappointing i guess. we had family over, etc. i had WW friendly foods, i just ate too many of them to lose this week.

it was a good weekend b/c i rekindled my long walks on saturdays with my neighbor and that routine is one i missed and hope will help me LOSE!

i did a sneak WI and i'm up 2 lbs from my 4 lb loss last week; BUT that's still 2 lbs gone in 2 weeks which is great! i'm soooooo wanting to lose 5 lbs before Memorial Day! :hourglass i MUST stay focused and on target!!! :bounce:

Happy Monday to All!

Stayed on plan this weekend and looking oh so forward to traveling to WDW this week for the Minnie!! My biggest accomplishment this past weekend came from walking away from chocolate chip, peanut butter pancakes.

OhMom - Love the newest tag. 2 lbs down is great. It looks like you've got a great plan going for the week. The long walks should help a lot.

disneyfanz04 - Congrats on the weight loss!! 25 lbs is amazing. It's great the walk-a-thon went so well. I'm sure it's given you all of the confidence you'll need for the Minnie. Have lots of fun at the zoo.

newholidayx2 - great job on getting the walk done even if you had to go solo. It is always that much more of an accomplishment when you have an excuse NOT to do it.

Best of luck to all in meeting goals this week.

ohMom said:
minnie -- glad you're back in swing with us! how's the back? how did the lunch go??

Thanks for asking :goodvibes

My back is doing a bit better. I went to the chiro on Friday and it took almost the weekend to start feeling better. I am still sore but better than before.

Lunch was cancelled. After all that worrying it was cancelled at the last minute. I stayed in and ate a SBD wrap meal I had in the fridge at work.

I fell off the wagon again this weekend. I won't go into details but I'll just say it wasn't good.

I am back with it today though. I've had my yogurt and will be having a Kashi bar is a little while.

Good luck to all of our Minnie runner/walkers :cheer2:

Less than 2 weeks till WDW for me now :banana:

Hi everyone,
I hope you all don't mind if I jump in with you. I need some motivation for my goal for the end of June. We leave for a week in Tennessee & Alabama at the end of June (Well technically July 1). I'm meeting my mom and stepdad there. We are also going to WDW the end of July.

I must fit BACK into my shorts this summer because I am NOT bying new ones!

I weighed in at WW WI last night at 150. I've been teetering in the low 150's for months now and it's killing me. I made it to 149 last month and then Easter came and I went back up. I would like to make it back to goal by then, but I'd be happy to just make it back into the 130's. My WW high goal is 132. If I lost 18 pounds I make it there. Realistically I know I could do 2 pounds a week for 8 weeks to get to 16 pounds. Although it could be higher or lower depending on actual results.

I also MUST get back into exercise. I've been in such a rut and I miss how I feel when I exercise. I'd like to make a committment to walk or run every day for at least 30 minutes and do at least 2 days of weeks if not more of weight training. I know I can do it, and I know it will make a HUGE difference in reaching my weight goal by the end of June.

Today I have two things that I must work hard at keeping myself on track. This morning we have a baby shower at work for 3 people (one being my boss) and my boss is taking me to lunch today at a place called Bones Grille (Its mostly grilled meats). I'm hoping they have some kind of fish, skinless chicken or shrimp type meal that will be WW friendly.

Wish me luck today.

Hows everyone doing? Good luck everyone with your diet and exercise this week.
Its weeks like this when Im glad Im a Curves member. (I have been going every day this week so far). Its been difficult getting outside for a walk the past few days.

Just checking in to say I did great at lunch. I got an appetizer - crab quesadilla without the sour cream. It wasn't huge, wasn't oily and there was a small side dish of fresh cut salsa with smashed avacado. All in all, even after eating dinner (which was super healthy by the way) I will be 3 points over.

I also did 50 minutes on the treadmill for a total of 3 miles. That includes my warm up and an extended cool down. I did intervals of running/walking along with about 10 minutes of #2 incline.

Hope everyone had a healthy OP day!

Just checking in to admit a little stumble. I hit the peanut M&M's HARD last night!! I must be stressed out about the Minnie this weekend and traveling. PMS isn't helping either!! I feel like total crap today and will be eating clean for the next two days to work it all out of my system. I hope everyone else is still sticking close to plan and meeting goals.

happy thursday all! :wave:

sara -- chocolate AND peanut butter pancakes -- and you walked (or ran? :teeth: ) away??!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rockband:

((minnie)) :hug: for your struggles this past weekend but cyber high five for reporting in, jumping back on and moving forward. that is TOUGH and is what has held me back for over a year. damage control we should call it. i'm glad your feeling better too :wave2:

disneyfanz -- CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the 25 lbs GONE milestone! :woohoo: :woohoo: tomorrow you leave! how exciting and most of all HAVE FUN!!! can't wait to see a couple pics if you care to share :thumbsup2 how are you feeling after tapering this week? more pumped than ever, right!! i hope it was good helpful information, most of all remember to listen to your body and tweak to suit your needs in any kind of training guide or some gal sitting at her PC in ohio who thinks she knows it :rolleyes1

((MELANIEC)) :yay: :yay: :welcome: to our summer LOSERS group! girlfriend i am right with you -- i had about an extra 5 lbs after the WDW 2005 1/2 and i never lost it, just slowly added to it, cruised just before the holidays and then just poo-poo'ed myself through the first 5 mos of this year! i have 15 lbs to get back to goal too -- WE CAN DO THIS!! and i know, i remember how very very strong and faithful you are to the plan. i'm glad you're with us b/c your consistency INSPIRES me! thanks for joining! and great job with the lunch-out choices! are you back on WW?

well i just returned from an overnights in Ft Wayne, IN -- not a vacation destination I realize but a girls road trip for the Vera Bradley outlet sale. do you all like Vera Bradley? anyhow -- dinner at Chili's tuesday night with a margarita, wine with the girls in the hotel room, lunch at Chicago Uno's and I tell you i have 5 days left in my WW week and NO FLEX POINTS LEFT!! i did just barely make it with an absolute ZERO to spare so i'm still with a mindset of being OP -- but jeesh! we have a social event tomorrow night and i'm going to a scrappin' crop saturday that includes dinner. now i'm telling you all this to keep me accountable -- i'm taking my dinner and NOT eating anything there unless i know EXACTLY what it is (like fruit or veggies) i just so want to stay OP and hope for a loss next tuesday, no matter how small; to overcome this pattern of giving up when i stray, and then losing days or weeks of potential losing!

Thank you ohMom :goodvibes

Yesterday was a much better day as I managed to stay on plan.

Today will be tougher as I have a lunch meeting and a dinner/movie night with my fiancee but I will try to be good :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone. So far my week is going great with keeping OP. I just did 50 minutes on the TM doing walking/running intervals at varying speeds along with 11 minutes at #2 incline at 3.8 MPH. Now I'm having a wonderful smoothie that me and DS made. I use 1 cup plain NF yogurt (I like Stoneyfield farm-all natural), 1 banana, 140 grams of varying frozen fruit - I used strawberry, pineapple & mango and 6 ice cubes. Very yummy and healthy. Sometimes I even grind my own flaxseed and put in it.

I didn't get to work out on Thursday or Friday, but I'm glad I made the effort today. Tonight we are going to the Drive-In to see the Wild & the Shaggy Dog. We usually get pizza from a place right outside the Drive-in, so I'm putting aside 14 points for that. I also plan on air-popping some popcorn and taking a 1 oz snack of cashews for my snacks. Plus plenty of bottled water. It's nice knowing that you can do fun things, still splurge a little if you have a plan.

Molli- Thanks for the welcome!! I'm definately on WW's. It's really the only plan for me. I loose well on it, and Its very condusive for eating healthy. Last night for dinner my plate had so much food on it. My husband was laughing that I was " trying to loose weight" but my plate looked bigger than his! It's just all in what you eat. The key is I have to learn to eat like this always and not "Go off" the program. I have to learn the maintenance part. I know my vacations kill me. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can eat healthy on them. I want to eat all my FAVORITES that I love.

Minnie- Good luck on your dinner date & movies- Let us know how you did.

msblrobs - Good luck at the "Minnie" - I had a blast when I did the 1/2 in 2005. You'll do fantastic!

Have a great healthy happy OP Saturday -

ohMom said:
disneyfanz -- CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the 25 lbs GONE milestone! :woohoo: :woohoo: tomorrow you leave! how exciting and most of all HAVE FUN!!! can't wait to see a couple pics if you care to share :thumbsup2 how are you feeling after tapering this week? more pumped than ever, right!! i hope it was good helpful information, most of all remember to listen to your body and tweak to suit your needs in any kind of training guide or some gal sitting at her PC in ohio who thinks she knows it :rolleyes1

Well, today is Monday, and I am happy to report that I DID cross that finish line!!! I made it in 2:23:17, so not as fast as I was hoping, but I am estatic none the less!!! Your advice couldn't have been better. By Sunday, I was so pumped and ready to go!!! And my legs felt nice and rested!! As for today, well that is a different story!!! They HURT SO BAD!!!! I kinda knew they were going to be sore, but GOSH they ar hurting!!! :rotfl: So today and probably tomorrow will be rest days for me!!!

ohMom, I really just want to thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and wisdom. I really had doubts about myself(or maybe just fears not doubts) and you came right along and kind of took me under your wing and let me know it was going to be ok, and I know it may sound silly, but it meant alot to me. THANK YOU again. I will post pictures as soon *** I can!!!

Where is everyone, it seems like our thread is falling out???? :confused3 Hockeychic where are you?? How is everything??

Everyone keep up the great work, and keep posting whether you had a good day or a bad day, that is what we are here for!!! :thumbsup2

disneyfanz04 - Congrats on the Minnie finish!! That is a great time. Sorry the legs are aching today. Just try to keep them moving and I'm sure they'll recover quickly. Definitely take some rest days.

DH and I flew back from the Minnie this morning. Happy to report it was an awesome weekend. I will not be going near the scale for a while, but I am still on plan.

I hope everyone was succesful at meeting goals this past weekend!!

good morning and CONGRATULATIONS disneyfanzo4 and msblrobs on your Minnie medals!!:woohoo: i bet it was wonderful, how was the route? how were the crowds? do tell!

and disneyfanz you are more than welcome, i'm just a blabbermouth :teeth: i'm glad it was helpful to you and i know your muscles were grateful for the taper and it was easy to encourage you, i knew you could do it all along!

well i'm struggling -- i don't know if its PMS or what. i just couldnt' get up to walk this am then the thought of working out just like overwhelmed me. i did my regular WI today and i'm back up near where i started, like just .5 lb down from when we started, what in april. it's so depressing. i really have been OP, i would say like 90% and b4 that was enough to see a steady loss. i hope it's just my hormones b/c at this rate i'll give up and just buy fat-shorts for the summer. boo hiss

disneyfanzo4 and msblrobs - CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2:

ohMOM - Please DO NOT give up :grouphug: . When I first did SBD I lost very easily but the 2nd time around it hasn't been that way. It takes being much more careful about everything to see the same results. Not fun but it does work and your plan will work for you :goodvibes

MelanieC - That smoothy sounded wonderful!

As for me I've been on plan since last Thursday and I made it through the weekend cheat free which is a major deal for me. It's PMS time so I am not stepping on the scale till Friday to see how its going. I have to purchase a couple pairs of shorts for my WDW trip this weekend but will wait until the end of the week to do so.

Hope everyone is doing great! Check in when you can :goodvibes

ohMom said:
well i'm struggling -- i don't know if its PMS or what. i just couldnt' get up to walk this am then the thought of working out just like overwhelmed me. i did my regular WI today and i'm back up near where i started, like just .5 lb down from when we started, what in april. it's so depressing. i really have been OP, i would say like 90% and b4 that was enough to see a steady loss. i hope it's just my hormones b/c at this rate i'll give up and just buy fat-shorts for the summer. boo hiss
:grouphug: Don't give up and don't even think about buying any fat shorts!! It will all come together if you just have faith and give it a little time. Persistence is they key. I hope you see results real soon and that it's just PMS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter