Anyone dieting for something special at the end of June?

((HUGS)) and thanks for the encouragment. i made it through yesterday with my minimum pts, i didn't workout so that was it. i had some snacking thoughts after returning home from a church mtg, but thankfully my DD asked me to help her sort her pictures for her scrapbook and that took my mind off it. before i knew it it was 9 p.m. and i went to bed, lights off by 10 p.m. and hit my early cardio/yoga class this morning. yea for me :)

yesterday i took other DD to eye doc appt which led us to stop at Whole Foods Market, do you all have one near you? it is a fantastic store -- i call it Trader Joe's on steroids. anyhow -- i bought some fresh salmon to grill tonight and corn-on-the-cob so dinner is planned. Also bought their fresh fruit mix which we all love - great fruit. i even managed to get 3 mini-tarts (one for each DD and DH) and bought 4 cookies for them. this way they can have a treat without a batch of cookies around here. not to mention my oven isn't working :teeth:

ok sara, no fat shorts. that would be the easy way out huh? i'll just have to wear what fits until my jean shorts fit comfortably again! let's say, by the end of june?!?

ohMom said:
yesterday i took other DD to eye doc appt which led us to stop at Whole Foods Market, do you all have one near you? it is a fantastic store -- i call it Trader Joe's on steroids.
I live in a very rural area with NO Trader Joe's OR Whole Foods!! Good for you for getting some wonderful foods. The end of June sounds like a perfect timeline for fitting comfortably into those shorts...

I had a little issue with some ice cream last night, but I am shaking it off today. Minimal damage done :) I am going to a friend's house tonight and have already packed myself a spinach salad for dinner. The kids will all be having pizza, so I figured I better have something prepared so I won't veer off the straight and narrow.

Best of luck to everyone meeting goals.

ohMom said:
((HUGS)) and thanks for the encouragment. i made it through yesterday with my minimum pts, i didn't workout so that was it. i had some snacking thoughts after returning home from a church mtg, but thankfully my DD asked me to help her sort her pictures for her scrapbook and that took my mind off it. before i knew it it was 9 p.m. and i went to bed, lights off by 10 p.m. and hit my early cardio/yoga class this morning. yea for me :)

yesterday i took other DD to eye doc appt which led us to stop at Whole Foods Market, do you all have one near you? it is a fantastic store -- i call it Trader Joe's on steroids. anyhow -- i bought some fresh salmon to grill tonight and corn-on-the-cob so dinner is planned. Also bought their fresh fruit mix which we all love - great fruit. i even managed to get 3 mini-tarts (one for each DD and DH) and bought 4 cookies for them. this way they can have a treat without a batch of cookies around here. not to mention my oven isn't working :teeth:

ok sara, no fat shorts. that would be the easy way out huh? i'll just have to wear what fits until my jean shorts fit comfortably again! let's say, by the end of june?!?

Hi ohMom...I am so glad you had a good day yesterday!!! Good for you staying under your points!!! I on the other hand have got to get back OP...since indulging slightly in WDW I haven't wrote anything down this week, and it is TOM so things just aren't looking good for me. I did however get out for a 75 minute walk yestersay, and a 90 minute walk today, so I am doing good in the exercise department. I am hoping to lose 1.2 this week so I can upgrade to a gold clippie, but I will be happy if I al least stay the same. I am also happy to report that I registered for the 1/2 marathon, and am so excited. ohMom...do you have a training schedule for that by any chance??? TIA if you do.

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone. I know some days you just feel like giving up, but just remember how far you have come and remember you do not want to go back to where you were. You will NOT have to buy fat shorts!!!!!!

Just a quick post to keep myself accountable.

I have managed one week cheat free :cool1:

The WDW trip coming up this weekend has been one heck of an incentive to make this work. I will be allowing my self to splurge at WDW but will be right back at it when I return because my next WDW is less than 2 months after I return.

Hope everyone is going great today!!!!

I'm headed to WDW tomorrow for the weekend :cool1:

I'll will be doing some definite planned splurges and will be back and reading to get right back at it Tuesday :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

evening everyone --

Minnie -- how was WDW last weekend?? great job on the cheat-free week!

disneyfanz -- now are you completely back with us? i dod have the training schedule in Excel, PM me your email and i'll send it to you no problemo :thumbsup2

well i'm still struggling it seems, I feel like i'm doing well with my eating, but the scale is not reflecting so. i did have some snacks friday that put me over; and sunday i didn't really journal with Mother's day -- we went to Olive Garden for lunch then had a big afternoon at church which led to Taco Bell for dinner. i had to have a couple glasses of wine with my Survivor :teeth: today i've eaten on plan, just feel like i'm getting NOWHERE!

i'm trying to hold on and stay strong --

melanie??

Hi everyone,

Well I had one bad non-OP day since I last posted (this was the Sunday before Mother's Day). This one day caused a gain of 2.4 points on last Tuesday's WW WI. Since that Sunday I have been doing wonderfully and I'm hoping to have a great WI tonight.

I had such a nice Mother's Day weekend (I hope everyone else did too). Friday I chaperoned for my DD14's field trip to Baltimore. I was able to stay totally OP while still enjoying Thai Lettuce Wraps at the Cheesecake factory and a Starbucks small Chai Latte-nonfat on the way down and a small Java chip Frappuchino (no whip cream) on the way back.

Saturday we all went deep sea fishing in Avalon NJ and we had a blast. I have a feeling you burn quite a few calories doing that, especially since the waves were huge and you were constantly using your core to hold yourself steady. Plus reeling the fishing rod out over the boat and reeling it in kept you busy. My son Ryan (8) caught 7 fish, Taryn (14) caught 2 and my DH caught 2. I of course caught none-but I had a blast! We had Wawa hoagies for lunch and for dinner (once we got a hotel room and got cleaned up-we were disgusting) I had a wonderful Salmon meal. They did a great job of not cooking with any sauces or oils. I had Salmon topped with Asparagus and lump crab meat (was supposed to be in a hollandaise sauce), baked potato, salad and applesauce. It was a great meal. Then Sunday on our drive home I had grilled catfish, green beans, pinto beans & collard greens. It was so yummy. For dinner I made fish taco's with the black sea bass we caught (we only could keep 3, the others were too small). I was so proud of myself that I had a totally OP weekend and I ate almost every meal out from Friday -Sunday.

I think I should be able to WI around 148 or 149 tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really need to pass that 150 barrier and get into loosing weight instead of this maintaning that I've been doing for months now.

Molli-hang in there. I know how horrible it is to feel like your doing good and yet the scale doesn't move. That is part of my problem. The scale doesn't seem to budge even though I'm doing everything right. Then I get a temptation and I say, what the heck it isn't moving. Then it moves up too much, and I spend the next week getting back to square one. That turns into another week with no loss.

We have a Whole foods near my work. I buy a lot of my foods there. I love it!! We have a trader Joe's but its not really convenient for me to go to and it's too far to just go with how expensive gas is. I need to go, and then get DH to pick me stuff there once in a while.

Minnie-Have a great time at WDW! I'm a little over 2 months now till we go. I'm getting excited.

Disneyfanz- You will have a great time doing the 1/2! It was life changing for me. I am debating if I want to do it again!

msblrobs- good job on moving on after the ice cream!

Keep up the great work everyone, remember we can do this.

Im getting back on track again. Had a difficult week with the rain - got out to walk when I could, got to Curves a few times too. Chinese food for Mothers Day, cake & ice cream for DSs birthday - time to get the food back on track
- Middle School graduation is 5wks from this Thurs
- DS & I leave for our 6days in the White Mtns NH 6wks from this Friday

We can do it, we can do it

Hi everyone,

WW WI last night was good. I lost 3 pounds (2.4 was the weight I gained last week from that one chinese dinner-YIKES). My scale even went down more today too, so I'm already working on next week's loss-YEAH!

Today I had Sushi for lunch and used light soy sauce. It seemed to help because I weighed exactly the same when I got home as I did this morning. I was afraid it would make me retain some water. We are doing a date night on Saturday and I'm having Sushi then too. I'm hoping this restaurant has light soy sauce too. Hopefully it keeps the water weight at bay then too. Now I just have to hope my TOM comes before next WI. I really want to keep the momentum and see a loss next week. This is the point that I seem to sabotage myself every time. I think it's crucial I see a loss next time!

New Holiday-Great job getting back on track. You can do it!!

melanie -- :woohoo: GREAT job on the loss -- i've hit some kind of barrier at 150 myself, what is up with this? today i got up and prayed just to stay totally on track today and not snack, then get my workout in tonight as planned

DH said last night "i'd like to lose a few b4 vacation" now my DH has not much if anything to lose and it just made me feel like here i've wasted 5 months and only lost 5 lbs -- i should be at goal instead

i can't wallow in the should've/could've/would've........i just got to realize reality and make the choice to lead to the goals i want. it will come off right?

ohMom said:
melanie -- :woohoo: GREAT job on the loss -- i've hit some kind of barrier at 150 myself, what is up with this? today i got up and prayed just to stay totally on track today and not snack, then get my workout in tonight as planned

DH said last night "i'd like to lose a few b4 vacation" now my DH has not much if anything to lose and it just made me feel like here i've wasted 5 months and only lost 5 lbs -- i should be at goal instead

i can't wallow in the should've/could've/would've........i just got to realize reality and make the choice to lead to the goals i want. it will come off right?

Hey ohMom.... :grouphug: ....I know what you are going through right now...I mean I don't but I do. When I went to WDW I allowed myself to eat a little OP...then when I came home it was so easy to say oh well, I ate bad this week, so why bother...I weigh in on Saturdays, and you know what, by Thursday, I was like What am I doing here...I have worked to darn hard to lose the 28lbs that I have lost so far and I am NOT letting it come back. I got right back on track, and Friday I did like 200 crucnhes, and 35 minutes on the elliptical, and wound up losing 1.2. I think if I hadn't I def. would have gained.

You have to take one day at a time...and just remeber to follow the healthy guidlines...trust me they work!!!! The one week that I followed then to a T I lost 3.6lbs. You can do it, and I know that you are at a platue, but the weight will come off!!!!

Here is something you can try...when I get the urge for a snack, or just want to eat cause I am bored, I brush my teeth, and gargle with some mouthwash. Who wants to eat with clean teeth right..it has worked for me, and maybe it will work for you. I also keep sugarless gum with me all the time and then when I am chewing that it gives me the feeling of eating something.

You can do it!!!!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

I'm back for the World and back on track.

After feeling the "chub rub", seeing the pictures, and the pain in my legs that I didn't have last year before I gained all this back I am highly motivated to make the next 6 weeks the best that I can.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

It's Friday - YEAH! I'm doing very good this week. My weight has been in the low 148's all week and I'm hoping it dips to 147 or 146 (Dare I dream?) by WI on Tuesday. I've been exercising and using the stairs at work (we are in a new building and now on the 4th floor). My goal is to not be winded after climbing to the 4th floor. I'm actually shocked that I'm winded. I really didn't think I would be. It's that last flight that wind me. Looking forward to the day when it doesn't wind me!!

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the great work. June will be here soon.

Hey everyone,
It's Saturday. I hope everyone is doing well today. Today I did the Firm Aerobic Body Shaping (55 min) and Core Secrets-25 minute total body workout.

DH and I have a date tonight - Now that DD is 14, hopefully we can start to do this more often. Last time we tried we ended up taking the kids to both dinner and the movies, lol! Tonight we are seeing the Divinci Code and having Sushi. I'm excited for a nice evening.

Have a great day everyone.

hey all -- checking in while our chicken is grilling -- i've not had a great week, just so-so. my outlooks remains positive and i'll keep plugging forward

melanie -- enjoy your date! let us know what you think of the movie

disneyfanz -- i brushed my teeth at 4 p.m. today :teeth:

minnie -- welcome back!

Wow- I can't believe we all haven't checked in since 5/20/06. I hope everyone is doing good.

Well I've been doing great. We went to Williamsburg Va. this weekend and the toughest day was Sunday at Busch Gardens. I managed to find a place that had a grilled salmon salad. The family ate in another eating place and I had to walk with my lunch back to the other section of the park. That was some serious exercise just to get my lunch back. My arms were hurting so bad by the time I got there.

Tonight is WI and my scale is showing I'm in the 147's. I should have close to a 2 lb loss. YEAH! I have 4 more WI's till my first big summer event. I would like to be somewhere in the upper 130's by then. It's doable, but I must stay completely on track till then.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Molli- Our date was wonderful, but we ended up going and getting the kids and taking them to dinner with us. We really have a hard time doing anything by ourselves! I hope your week got better.

i was kinda sad at the lack of chatter here myself!

i WI today at 148 still, no change and just 4 lbs down from our start date. but that's still four pounds closer to goal. i have been super busy the past two weeks and if i could've curbed my snacking i'd probably lost more! i was pleased to hold steady over the long weekend and hope to show a loss next week. 4 weeks to our beach vacation, mel you really think we can lose 8 lbs by then?? that would be fantastic! i better recharge my getting seriousness!

I was sad to see our thread lacking all the enthusiasum(SP??) it had when we first started it too.

WHERE IS EVERYONE>>>>>HOW ARE YOU DOING?????

Please come out and let us know what has been going on, even if it hasn't been so good.

Hockeychic>>>>>I hope all is well...we haven't heard from you in sooooo log.

Keep chucking everyone!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Hi everyone,

It's Wednesday already! Woo hoo!

I lost 1.8 last night at my WW WI. That puts me at 147.2 officially. I'm so glad the scale is finally moving after feeling like it was just hovering around 150 for so long (totally my own fault too).

I have a nice healthy lunch to eat today too. I brought spinach leaves, shredded carrots, red peppers, black beans, walnuts and a bowl of strawberries. I forgot to get reduced fat feta cheese or I'd be having some of that on my salad too.

Molli- With a 1-2 pound loss per week being doable, I figure if I work hard I could loose 8 pounds this month. I have 4 more WI's plus a couple extra day's till July 1st. I'm also going to try really hard to eat healthy and within my points while on the trip to Alabama & Tennessee. Unfortunately if it's like last year I got to my aunts house and she creamed the corn in butter and fried the vegetables ??? I'm hoping I have some control over what I eat and I can eat fairly well while I'm there. I'd like to get closer to my goal by the time we go to Disney at the end of July.

We can do this everyone. This is the last 4 weeks before the end of June. If we stay strong and stick with our programs we can do it! Posting here helps too!

melanie -- :woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! that is fantastic! i love when you share your meals b/c come up with some great combinations! ok we can do this, you really pumped me up when i first read this a couple days ago --

well i'm just in from a 6 mile walk and my neighbor did a good job pumping me up too for making the most of these next three weeks. she just turned 40 yesterday and is in the best shape i have ever known her to be in. i need all the inspiration i can get!

how's everyone else???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter