Anyone dieting for something special at the end of June?

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I was hoping there was someone I could buddy up with for a 10 week challenge?

My DD's grade 8 graduation is on June 26th which is 10 weeks today. I would like to lose 20 pds in that time.

My long term goal is to lose 40 pds by late October and to be able to do the 1/2 marathon in very early January.

I am not following any particular plan, just eatting better and exercising alot. I have a underactive thyroid and high cholesteral so exercise is key for me. I am most successfull when I exercise. That is mostly how I lost the first 20 pds.

Do I have any potential buddies out there????

Kim

kim -- i'm hoping to lose 15 lbs by then for our family beach vacation June 24th

what did you have in mind???

Hey there,

Honestly, I have no idea what I had in mind. I was looking for and looking to give support to people who had a similar "goal date" as I did. Just so happens it was the 10 week today mark for me so thought I would check and see who else out there was in the same boat as I was.....

Are you folllowing a certain plan?

I have been weighting in on Thursdays but that makes binging a little on the weekend easier cause I know I have the rest of the week to burn it off so I am thinking about weighting in on Monday or Tuesday.

Honestly I weight myself everyday :blush:

Kim

Perfect!

I'd like to give myself 10 weeks to lose 20lbs. That is about the same goal as I have.

As for something special, I'll just have to plan something to celebrate my success!

What kind of plan are you following?

i'm on WW online --

why not have a weekly thread and then we can PM notes of encouragment too to each other??

welcome :wave:

The 3 of us have similar weight loss goals for the next 10 weeks that is great. :cheer2:

I like your suggestion Ohmom, I am on this site daily. :surfweb:

Fresh: what plan are you following?

I had a bit of a binge last night but TOM started so that always does me it, but I only binged on healthy stuff so I feel that is a NSV for me. :thumbsup2

Hope you all had a good night!!!.

Anyone out there lurking please feel free to join in, I have a feeling this is going to be a successful group. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kim

kim -- i like your thinking -- we WILL be a successful group. i did start a 3 week challenge with my WW buddy group (WISHers) yesterday and did very well :) today i got up and was walking and thinking how nice it will be to be at least 5 lbs down in three weeks and i'd like to shoot for 7 lbs -- this being of my WI yesterday which was artifically inflated due to Easter!

last night i walked with my neighbor leisurely for 40 mins and then didn't eat at all afterwards. I like that spring weather will get me out and about after dinner and away from snacking!

Good Job Oh!!!!! On getting out and moving last night. :thumbsup2

I am coming down with DD's cold so I didn't last night, but plan on kicking it up today. :cheer2:

I am also aiming to be down to 175 by the end of the month....anything over and above would be great.....so that is 4 pds for me. I haven't seen 175 in years....maybe even a decade.... :lmao:

I was considering WW, but since I have high cholesteral I am sort of following a TLC or heart healthy diet. It just teaches you the right things to eat but it isn't designed to help you lose weight but to eat right. I am from there modigfying the calories.

Hi Lurkers :wave: Come in and join us.

Have a great day, will be back on later.

Kim

Sorry, got a little crazy with the submit button...

Hockeychic said:
Anyone out there lurking please feel free to join in, I have a feeling this is going to be a successful group. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kim

OK, you caught me! :teeth: I would like to join your group, if you'll have me! :blush: We are going on vacation (leaving June 29) and I would really like to lose at least 10lbs by that time. Now you might think that is an easy task, but I joined WISH last June and am still within 1lb of my starting weight... :rolleyes: I only have about 15lbs total to lose, which is why I think it is so hard for me...

I follow the Body for Life eating style (5-6 small meals of protein, healthy carbs and veggies). I work out at the gym 3-5x a week and walk every day at lunch. I drink at least 100oz of water per day. My biggest struggle is evening snacking...

Let's kick those pounds to the curb! We will all look awesome in our shorts and swimsuits! :cheer2:

Amy

Hi guys!!! I just wantede to let you know that I have a summer weight loss challenge if you guys would like to join...I would like to lose 20lbs before summer, so I will be checking in here to see how everyone is doing...I follow WW and have been on it since Feb 3rd. I have lost a total of 22.8lbs so far.

Here is the link to my summer challenge...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1088725

I would like to join! My extended family just completed a Weight Loss Challenge contest that ran from New Years Day to Easter. I lost 15 pounds! Most of the group lost all the weight they needed to lose, but I need to continue. I didn't follow any special diet, just tried portion control and no snacking after dinner.

I would love to lose 20 lbs by our camping trip the end of June!

From now through June is a very busy time at work (our fiscal year ends on June 30). When I am busy at work I tend to cut out my 30 minute daily walk on the treadmill.

I will try to check in with this thread each day.

Donna

Welcome :grouphug:

Ya more people!!! :woohoo:

I did great at lunch went for a 35 min walk....not brisk but still got out and moved. oatmeal, banana, yogurt and a few wheat thins for lunch....2 bottles of water down......yaaa me :cheer2:

Amy: from what I have heard those last pounds are tough to get off. Some of us that have alot to lose think oh 10 pds that should be no problem but I think it is just as hard to take those off then 20 or 30 pounds. Sounds like you are doing alot to get you to goal!!! Good Luck :wizard:

Donna Congrats on the 15 pds that is amazing!!!!!!!! :woohoo: Work is busy for me also in the summer but take time out for yourself...take that 30 mins and destress....you will feel so much better after you have done it.

Disney: Congrats on the 22.8 pds awesome :woohoo: keep it up, what you are doing is working for you!!!!!! Will pop over and say hi.

Fresh: where are you :confused3 hope you are doing well.

Ohmom: Hope you had a great day. :hug:

Kim

kim -- love the check in thank you for doing that!

today went well - very very busy week for me, i won't bore you all with the details but i'm on a team of eager volunteers running a 2nd annual 5k/fun mile fundraiser this weekend. tonight we are stuffing goodie bags and finalizing our details for saturday -- then i'm off to ballet class! i'm eating my turkey burger as I type and it's the last of my points today -- i did well eating, probably need to drink a little more water. oh, i did a 3 mile powerwalk this morning too.

i keep thinking about those jean shorts that were too tight last year and i'm 5 lbs heavier right now! eek!

Hello everyone. Ate too much Easter candy so my weights up a few pounds. Ive been trying to maintain at 120 where doc told me to stop loosing.
June 22nd is DS14s 8th grade graduation - I cant believe next year he's off to the High School! June 30-July 5 DS14 and I will be vacationing in the White Mtns in NH - planning lots of hiking. Its not only that I want to be back at goal but I want to also feel physically fit.

We can do it ladies! :cheer2:

I need to lose 10 lbs by the end of June. However, I have been unsuccessful at trying to lose any weight for a while now. Time to step it up and put this behind me. I will check in daily to keep accountable. I am trying to follow the Body For Life for Women principles.

Good morning everyone and welcome!!!!!

I did very good yesterday....yaaaa me :thumbsup2

However, I have to find a way to get low or no fat protien into my diet. I noticed when I went over my food log that I didn't really eat any protien.

I have high cholesteral so it has to be low in fat....chicken and fish it is.... :lmao:

How did you all do yesterday???

Kim

:wave: we are off to a great start! i love the enthusiasm here really pumps me into this mode of losing! :cheer2: :cheer2:

ok, i'm terrible with keeping everything straight -- seems like we have 2 gals on Body for Life (that is a great program! -- my thighs were the BEST ever when I did BFL one summer, rock hard!) and then my on WW (hockeychic considering it) and the rest are your own style. right?

well girls i tell you really this is getting me going, this and my 3 week challenge with my email buddies. I got up at 5:30 a.m. (yes that's one hour early) and hit a cardio/yoga class at my Fitness Center! :woohoo:

i'm trying to recapture the habits i remember having back in 2003 when i lost 25 doing WW unofficially. now i'm paying for it and not losing! anyhow -- i used to get up probably 3 times a week by 6 a.m. and workout, sometimes 4-5 times and LOVED having it done first thing. Also, i'm drinking a protein drink after my cardio days. today's cardio at class was kickboxing, haven't done that in ages -- just like riding a bike :rolleyes1

last night i had my ballet class, tonight i will walk with my neighbor leisurely weather permitting.

kim (hockeychic) may i make some low fat protein suggestions?? if you like any and i'll give you the WW pts in case you are counting (by memory so double check)

2 hard boiled egg whites -- 1 pt
1/2 cup egg beaters -- 1 pt -- i like the southwestern
imitation crab meat -- 2 pts per serving -- i make a chef salad with this, a little Light Done Right ranch and a few FF croutons
low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese -- ?? pts but low i'm sure
chicken sausages like brats -- 2 - 4 pts depending on brand, i buy at Trader Joe

remember -- girls -- we need protein to build muscle to look lean on the beach this summer :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
molli

Molli - Glad to know BFL gave you kick butt thighs!! As you can see from my sig line, I am a runner, so exercise is definitely NOT an issue for me. I am up at 4:00 a.m. and running on my treadmill by 4:30 religiously most days of the week. I love working out and I truly see it as something I get to do.

It's great that we'll be able to motivate each other through this thread. I need to be accountable to get me through this. I am not used to having to lose weight, so it is definitely an adjustment, to say the least :)

Kim - Yeah on having a great day yesterday :banana:

Good afternoon all.

What a beautiful day here in Ontario.

Molli: WTG on the exercise that is amazing....thank you for the protien ideas as well. I still haven't had any "real" protien today and it is after lunch....not good.

Sara: WTG for you also on the exercise. I have decided to do the 1/2 marathon at Disney in January....are you also going to be there??

Will check in later.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter