• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone dieting for something special at the end of June?

Hey everyone...

I am starting to get a little discouraged. I am not sure why, I am doing good, it just seems the weight loss is going soooooooo S-L-O-W now. I guess I just don't feel like eating with the weather being as hot as it was last week. I really didn't cook too much cause I just didn't feel like eating anything hot. UGH....I am going to do really good this week. I am going to write EVERYTHING down, get in my milks, friuts & veggies, my oils, and of course as usual my exercise, and see how it goes on the cale next week. WISH me luck!!!

ohMom...thaks for the training schedule...I can't wait to really start training.

You know I think that is another thing that is halting my progress...before I was so psyched because I was training for the Minnie Marathon, an now I really do not have anything to look forward to...but I am going to keep going. I really want to hit goal before my birthday which is Aug. 3rd.

HOCKEYCHIC WHERE ARE YOU???? WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

hey michelle -- my birthday is Aug 7 and i have been seeing that date as a goal too! do you think your losses are slowing b/c you don't have as much to lose now? i find it soooo hard to lose the last 10 lbs, i think i kid myself into thinking i can get away with more b/c i'm close to goal and then i never make it there. anyhow -- don't be discouraged -- you are eating healthy and your body will thank you for it! you will LOSE those pounds!! we will!!

today i'm doing well -- fri night and sat were a challenge and i didn't stick 100% but i did portion control well b/c i wanted more! my jean shorts are as tight as they can be and still be worn and that is my motivator. i can plainly remember wearing them comfortably and a couple being big.

got some yard work in today for my activity -- won't count those as AP though just a bonus burning calories!!

i grilled a pork roast and off to enjoy that with a baked potato before retriving my oldest DD from her dog show this weekend.

and - girls -- my kitchen is closed at 7 p.m. until June 23!

Hey everyone,

Well it's Tuesday and tonight is another WI. I was a little nervous because even though I was doing everything by the book my weight was staying static. The good news is I stepped on the scale this morning and it was finally down. I usually WI a little lower in the afternoon that I do in the mornings so I should be good. My scale showed 146.0 this morning, so hopefully I'll make it somewhere in the 145's at WI tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Michelle- Definately hang in there. I know my weight loss defninately slows down when I get closer to goal. It's frustrating, but your body knows your almost there and it holds on to everything. I also definately have better focus when I'm training for something. It really motivates me to do well. Hang in there, you can hit goal by your birthday!!

Molli- My shorts are tight too. I absolutely REFUSE to buy new ones. I am noticing though that some that were too tight to even zip are zippable now. I'm moving in the right direction but hoping for a few more pounds to go soon. Even a few pounds make such a difference. I like that your kitchen is closed at 7pm. I"m having a hard time with that. It seems I'm getting home so late the past few weeks that it seems I am eating so late each night.

I also wanted to tell you about a new snack I discovered. Recently I have been buying good dark chocolate (85% cocoa) that I get at Whole foods. Each little square is a half point .5 . One night I was making my son a PB&J and getting some chocolate out for myself. I discovered a homemade Recees Peanut Butter cup. It's so good. I take either 2 or 3 squares of chocolate and use 14 grams of PB (whole foods 365 brand). I slather the peanut butter on the chocolate. It's so yummy.

Hi everyone,
Well WI went well. I lost 1.6 this past week so I am at 146.6. My scale at home was even in the 145's today. In fact this afternoon it was 150 even! Woo Hoo!

I really love Weight Watchers. Where else can you diet, and learn how to still enjoy things you love. As long as you use your flex points and learn to pick and choose what to eat you can really have great treats once in a while. I had a grande Java chip Frappuchino with no whip cream tonight from Starbucks. WW is so awesome!

I hope everyone is doing well. I need to work on exercising consistantly. Hopefully I can get that in order soon.

Hope everyone is doing well.
After gaining a few pounds over Memorial Day wknd Im finally back at goal.
Only 2 more wks till DSs 8th grade moving up/graduation. Its amazing seeing how the kids have grown - hard to recognize some.
3 more wks till we leave for our NH vacation. The more I can keep my weight in track now the more I can relax over our vacation.

Melanie -- congratulations on the WI! :woohoo: i am eagerly awaiting a Starbucks opening in my town :teeth:

thanks for checking in newholiday -- glad to hear you got rid of that fluff quickly! maintainence is hard i bet!

well i'm pleased with my WI this week too -- in fact i have WI for three days in a row b/c i just am tickled to be at 145. i'm not sure how/what i did but i seemed to have dropped a couple pounds at once. YES! i'm watching closely this week to be sure i maintain this bigger loss (for me) and then move down from it and not yo-yo like i had been doing! i have been mixing up my workouts and doing lots and lots of yard work -- maybe it paid off!! in fact, i'm going to change my clippie, this is hard for me b/c i always go up and down but i'm going to change that negative mindset and accept my new clippie proudly!!

lots of rain here yesterday and possibly over the next couple days. i have a walk scheduled tonight, if raining i'll have to pop in my WATP

our pool FINALLY opens today -- delayed since tuesday!! hopefully the sun will shine a bit this afternoon for DD who has been so disappointed with the unanticipated extra days of pool closure!

ohMom...CONGRATS on the loss!!! WOOHOO we knew you could do it!!!!! The new clippie looks fantastic!!! Weigh to go!!!

I have decided to try CORE next week. I will WI on Saturday, and see how I did on flex this week, but after only losing 6 lbs last month, I want to kick it up a notch. I really want to be at goal before my birthday which is only 8 weeks away, and I know that 30lbs is not doable in that short amount of time, I am really going to watch what I eat and I am kicking up the exercise too. I actually think I am going to join a gym this week. THere are a couple that I want to check out.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Has anyone heard from Hockeychic ?????

Hey everyone,

Well it's the end of another week and I did everything right by the books, but for some reason my scale stayed up. I really ate well all week eating tons of Spinach (in almost everything I ate) and lots of beans and refried beans(lowfat kind). I really didn't eat much meat but my veggie & fruit intake was good. Sunday we went to see Cars at the movies and then went to Shushi for dinner. I took a bottle of water and a bag of soy crisps to the movies. I also used low sodium soy sauce on the Sushi. I ended the week completely OP.

So what I want to know is how come my weight is a few oz higher this week than the same time last week? I am hoping for a big Swoosh when I get home tonight. I'm really trying to watch what I eat today so I can at least not gain.

It's so frustrating when you do everything right and you still don't loose. At least I know that I must trudge on and I will see results. I really wanted to keep loosing so I might be close to the low 140's/upper 130's by the end of the month. I want my shorts to fit well and not be too tight.

Next week I have to contend with TOM. I'm hoping it comes after next week's WI!

Molli- WTG on the WI last week! Keep up the fantastic work!

disneyfanz04 - How did CORE go this week? Did you find a Gym to join?

Well I lost .2 pounds. Pretty sad since I was totally OP this week. Of course my scale was down to 145.0 this morning. Why wasn't it like that yesterday morning. I'm hoping to see 144. something tonight after work.

I hope everyone is doing well. Check in and let us know how your doing.

melanie -- you :rockband: don't be down you are losing like a mean lean machine! i think that there are weeks are bodies have to readjust (our metabolism) and then suddenly you find you have lost enough weight to thank the Whoosh Fairy. you stay strong and stay OP and you KNOW it works, it will work for you!

michelle - let us know how CORE works for you? maybe i should try a week of it after vacation (june 22 - july 4) i understand your frustrations -- but remember how very far you have come and celebrate in the positive changes you have seen knowing the rest are just further down the road in your journey!

this week has been bit more'o struggle for me - PMS makes me HUNGRY! i haven't really WI this week, tomorrow i will and hope to maintain at 145 from last week. been incorporating more strength training and toning in my exercise to firm up my flabby thighs! hope it pays off!

have a great day OP!!

Hi Everyone,

Well tonight is my WI. Just when I thought I was due for a 2 pound loss the scale goes up again for no reason. Luckily it was down to 145.2 this morning so hopefully it's in the 144's when I get home. I was 145.4 at WW WI last week so I'm hoping for at least a pound!! I need to see a loss because I'm feeling like I don't know what's going on. I'm just sort of hoovering again but this time I feel like I'm doing everything right.

Molli- I hope you were able to maintain or see a loss last week.

New Holiday- I now have a High Schooler too!! DD starts 9th grade in September. I'm so proud of her!

Hi Everyone,

Last week I ended up with a .6 loss. Not what I was hoping for, but a loss none the less.

This morning I finally saw the 143's! It's about time. That scale has been hovering for weeks seeing the same 144, 145 & 146 numbers. I'm hoping for a bit over 1 pound tonight! I'd be estatic if I could pull out a 2 pound loss. I"m due for one! I finally felt like the Whoosh Fairy visited me this morning. Seeing that 143.4 was heavenly!!

Those of you on WW's have to hear this. Last time I lost weight on WW's, (well all the times as a matter of fact), but especially when I got to goal I never went below 22 points for my target. This time when I reached 150 I concluded since I want to get as low as I can by the end of June I would drop my target points to 20. For 2 weeks I lost 1.8 & 1.6. Then I lost .2. I decided that I would take my targets back up to 22 because I started worrying that I was lowering my metabolism and teaching it to loose on lower points. Well Last week and this week I ate all 22 plus all my flex points. This week I even ate a few (only about 2 points or so) over my flex points. I guess it's proof that my body needs at least 22 plus my flex points to loose. Why I would want to slow my metabolism down to loosing on 20 points is beyond me. I have a hard enough time keeping the weight off once I get to my goal. Well I think that's actually because I treat it like I'm going off a diet versus learning to live this way forever as a way of life.

I hope everyone is doing well. Please check in and let us know how your doing.

I ended up at 142.6 yesterday. That is a 2.2 loss!! I'm so glad I had a good loss this week. I'm hoping that keeps me from eating too much or bad stuff while I'm away next week. Wish me luck, I'm a little nervous but determined not to gain while I'm gone. Heck I'd be happy to stay the same!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter