Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

Hockeymom, Rebecca, is one of those people who, in being so helpful answering questions (& sometimes the same questions over and over), made us want to stay at Beach Club. I haven't physically met anybody on this thread, but feel a sense of family every time I get here. Such a loss. My prayers and thoughts are with her family and friends (& especially you, Dee) in this very difficult time. I'm very sorry for your- no, our- loss. She will be missed.
Sarah

Dee, I'm so sorry to read this. That was a really lovely tribute. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

What a beautiful tribute to your friend. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Rebecca's friends and family.

Dee, our deepest condolences. We remember Rebecca as being very quiet, yet enthusiastic about the DisMeet and just being at Disney. On these boards, and particularly on this thread, I remember her as being helpful, obviously in love with BC/YC, and never negative. May she rest in peace.

Hi Dee, I just wanted to send my condolences on the loss of your friend. That was a beautiful tribute you posted.
It's always sad to lose a friend but especially heartbreaking when it's a member of our Disney community.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and to Rebecca's family and friends. Hugs. :grouphug:

I have some very, very sad news to share.

Last week, my dear friend Rebecca (HockeymomR), passed away. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor shortly after returning from a family trip to the Beach Club in August 2016. Throughout all of her treatments, she was brave and strong and had a positive spirit. Her mantra was "Just Keep Swimming", and she always had a smile on her face, no matter what struggles she faced.

She was a frequent poster on the Beach Club FAQ forum for more than a decade, always willing to provide helpful info, a picture and friendship to others.

She had many "Disney friends" who were an important part of her life and who will miss her immensely.

I was fortunate to share two trips to the Beach Club with her as one of her roommates. Our friendship extended beyond our mutual interest in Disney. We spent the past few months frequently talking about our day, sharing pictures, exchanging encouragement and love.

The world has lost a very kind soul.

While she was in hospice for her final days, I wrote a letter about our friendship and emailed it to Rebecca and her husband. I wanted to explain how much Rebecca means to me and why. It was healing for me to write about how our deep bond developed throughout the years.

I'll share my tribute in the next post.

:grouphug:
I'm so very sorry :grouphug: She will be missed, and hugs to her close DISmonkeys who will miss her because she was family. "Just keep swimming" is also my mantra, God bless, rest in peace Rebecca.

What a beautiful tribute Dee :hug:
My heart and prayers go out to Rebecca and her family.
The DIS has always been an extended part of our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter