Another TCD Trip Report!! With Sanjaya, Tom Cruise, Valentine's Day, and More!

1. The pool does not close! The lifeguards are off duty after a certain time, but the pool is open 24/7. I believe that they will close the slide, like they do at other resorts, when the lifeguards leave. My comment about midnight relates to one time when we went to the Fort in August. It was hot out. We went to the pool one night at midnight, thinking we would have it to ourselves. I couldn't believe what I saw. Kids were doing flips off of the lifeguard stand! The pool was packed, and lots of people were drinking beer from bottles, right in the pool. Crazy! And, an accident waiting to happen.

2. Yes, I recommend Yak and Yeti. The food portions are big, and the prices are reasonable (by WDW theme park standards).

3. It is possible that the park hours will change before your visit. These are adjusted, depending on how things are going. If things stay busy at the parks, I would expect some adjustments.

TCD
Do the other pools close? or do they stay open 24/7 too? (I mean other resorts) I thought they closed at midnight or something but maybe I was mistaken during our stays? Wow, if it's that crazy at midnight maybe I want to make sure we're not real close to the pool. LOL Sounds like everyone had the same idea (since it was hot) LOL

Thanks again about Yak and Yeti.. cool. :)

I'll keep an eye on the hours then. Thanks!

Well? Any news about what that art work is all about? Inquiring minds do want to know!

TCD

No, unfortunately I didn't see anyone outside that camp at all for the rest of the trip. I even considered knocking on the door but there were no lights on other than the blue lights they had surrounding their screen room so I didn't want to disturb anyone. (Although I really don't think anyone was home). The rig was still there when we left early Friday morning.. perhaps they are still there?

TCD

i value your opinion,why do you like 800 more than 500? we are thinking of venturing away from 300 this year. a cm friend got me 50% off a premium loop, so i was thinking of trying 500.

This is a very close call.

The reasons I like 800 a bit more than 500 are: I like the location of 800 a little better (closer by a bit to the Meadow Trading Post, and just over the bridge to the campfire area); the 800 loop feels more wooded and spacious to me than the 500 (entirely subjective), and I like the fact that the 800 loop's comfort station is in the middle of the loop. The 500 loop comfort station is on the edge of the loop, between the 400 and 500 loops. None of these things are big deals. If I have my dog with me, I would choose 500, as it is more convenient to the dog park. Since you are comfortable in the 300 loop, the 500 will be less of a change for you than the 800 location-wise.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of these loops.

TCD

TCD, thanks for another great TR. I can't wait for the next one.

TCD- WOW!!! Awesome report!!! And great pics too! I havent been there yet, but I feel like I'll know my way around when we get there!!! I hope the pool will be open by then... I think we are booked for a full pet loop- are those 1600-1900? We are camping with a Coleman Utah too- we just got it last month (its an '03) but the first trip we took it on- I loved it! Doubt I'll ever go back to tenting again! Cant wait to read your next report!

TCD- WOW!!! Awesome report!!! And great pics too! I havent been there yet, but I feel like I'll know my way around when we get there!!! I hope the pool will be open by then... I think we are booked for a full pet loop- are those 1600-1900? We are camping with a Coleman Utah too- we just got it last month (its an '03) but the first trip we took it on- I loved it! Doubt I'll ever go back to tenting again! Cant wait to read your next report!

As of right now, I think that 1600-1900 and 900 are classified as full hook up pet loops. Your signature says you will be going at the end of this month, so I would expect the pool to be done by then. Have fun!

TCD

this was fantastic to read. Your DD is a very lucky gal! It sounds like your group knows where to find the fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter