• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Well, now that I know you are talking about me (to me!), I will be sure to check in periodically. So what are we talkin' bout anyway? Do I need to catch up on 140 pages of controversy??? Cloth vs. disposable? Old Darren vs. New Darren? Should the Littlest Hobo settle down? Does a sprig of parsley on poutine qualify it as a health food??? I'm ready!

The most poignant thing I'd want to share with you is the history of the OP. The only living immediate family member at the time; was taking time away from his career to take care of his elderly mom, coping with Alzheimers. She also had 2 dogs. Sadly, she passed away one night, and he found her in the morning. He is a fun writer that we've not heard from since the early days of his grieving. We miss him terribly, and want him to come back to us. :grouphug:

The most poignant thing I'd want to share with you is the OP The only living immediate family member at the time; was taking time away from his career to take care of his elderly mom, coping with Alzheimers. She also had 2 dogs. Sadly, she passed away one night, and he found her in the morning. He is a fun writer that we've not heard from since the early days of his grieving. We miss him terribly, and want him to come back to us.

Written so well. :sad1:

Happy belated 4th July ya'll :drinking1

Sorry to you and the family @Micca :(

Congrats @Kitty 34 - awesome news

I've missed your trip report Netts @ronandannette have you done one?

Nothing to report here except it's freezing -we've had some of the coldest days in 100 years - Go Us! I need some sun and heat and rum and margaritas. But sadly, no trips on the horizon. I was planning to scoot over to Thailand for 10 days or so but cannot justify taking kids out of school so would have to battle with Australian bogans over school holidays, ugh.

Also, Twitter told me it's #worldchocolateday today - I have no chocolate. Why are these things not widely advertised?

Happy belated Canada Day, eh!:drinking1(fixed that for you!)
I've missed your trip report Netts @ronandannette have you done one?

Nothing to report here except it's freezing -we've had some of the coldest days in 100 years - Go Us! I need some sun and heat and rum and margaritas. But sadly, no trips on the horizon. I was planning to scoot over to Thailand for 10 days or so but cannot justify taking kids out of school so would have to battle with Australian bogans over school holidays, ugh.
Do you mean toboggans, jevsie? That's what you'd be dealing with if you knew anything about actual winter. :rolleyes1 Meanwhile, back in Calgary, our temperatures are forecast to reach 30C for more than three days in a row, which prompts a regional health advisory for the young, elderly and homeless to seek shelter and stay hydrated :lmao:(you can't make this stuff up).

And tonight (it's 10:00 pm here in the land of the midnight sun :sunny:) ronandannette has just come in from putting in a bunch of bedding plants. I'm just now getting around to tending my flower beds because life has been totally frantic since we got back from holidays 6 weeks ago and anyway, the overnight frost warnings just stopped at the end of June. My trip report has been a casualty too - our unplanned "vacation extension" in Barcelona (if you've got to be a fugitive, I guess there's worse places to hide) really put us behind the 8-ball at work and on a huge volunteer project we were involved with for Canada Day. I may still get one done but honestly, that holiday feels like a lifetime ago. Besides, I don't remember reading yours...:scratchin

:wave2: Hi to everybody else in ALDIO-ville!

Last edited:
Oh, and @jevs - WTH do you live that you're feeling cold? I just checked out an Australian weather map and the lowest temperature I could find on your entire continent was 9.5C - that's ABOVE freezing, jevs, way, way above. Zip up your sweater and soldier on, why don't you? :rolleyes:

That is freezing Netts. My rum has frostbite and I'm not amused :sad2:

eh, Happy belated Canada Day :cake:

@jevs I was afraid we'd lost you Jo! Good to see you again. We've got a pretty good run of highs in the 90s which means if I'm going to get in my daily walk I'm up before 6AM to walk in relative comfort. I'm not making any snarky comments about the lack of trip reports because I didn't file a report on our WDW trip a couple of months ago. Of course you all know what WDW is like, but being held captive in an exotic place like Barcelona would make a much more intriguing story...if anything like that has ever happened to anyone around here.:scratchin:teeth:

@jevs I was afraid we'd lost you Jo! Good to see you again. We've got a pretty good run of highs in the 90s which means if I'm going to get in my daily walk I'm up before 6AM to walk in relative comfort. I'm not making any snarky comments about the lack of trip reports because I didn't file a report on our WDW trip a couple of months ago. Of course you all know what WDW is like, but being held captive in an exotic place like Barcelona would make a much more intriguing story...if anything like that has ever happened to anyone around here.:scratchin:teeth:
As much as I loved Europe, I was actually pretty bitter towards Spain by the time we finally got out of there. Although it wasn't really their fault, but somebody had to take the blame and since DH and I made a pact not to blame each other and we couldn't very well blame Monaco, because...well, Monaco, right? :goodvibes

Do you mean toboggans, jevsie? That's what you'd be dealing with if you knew anything about actual winter. :rolleyes1 Meanwhile, back in Calgary, our temperatures are forecast to reach 30C for more than three days in a row, which prompts a regional health advisory for the young, elderly and homeless to seek shelter and stay hydrated :lmao:(you can't make this stuff up).

And tonight (it's 10:00 pm here in the land of the midnight sun :sunny:) ronandannette has just come in from putting in a bunch of bedding plants. I'm just now getting around to tending my flower beds because life has been totally frantic since we got back from holidays 6 weeks ago and anyway, the overnight frost warnings just stopped at the end of June. My trip report has been a casualty too - our unplanned "vacation extension" in Barcelona (if you've got to be a fugitive, I guess there's worse places to hide) really put us behind the 8-ball at work and on a huge volunteer project we were involved with for Canada Day. I may still get one done but honestly, that holiday feels like a lifetime ago. Besides, I don't remember reading yours...:scratchin

:wave2: Hi to everybody else in ALDIO-ville!

Ron or Annette got you there Jevs! Touche! Btw, this Diser would love to read both trip reports. :D Of course this is easy for me to say, I've done mine already! Jevs gave me something like 9 likes; OK, it was some sort of computer glitch but, Eh! :sunny:

^ Or, Cuba before the cruise ships are not going there any longer, :rolleyes1 What do you other Aldios think? :)

I hope everyone is having a more exciting Saturday than I am. I'm sitting here waiting for the cable guy while my dh is in the garage building a dog house with the boys using plans he got off the Internet. My dh is a mechanical engineer who does a lot of hands on work at work but he hates even changing a lightbulb at home. He thinks the boys needs to learn how to build stuff though and a doghouse is a good place to start. This should be interesting. popcorn::

We just battened down the hatches here in Maine. There's a serious band of thunderstorms coming through this afternoon; places are reporting 60mph wind gusts and hail the size of golf balls. On the plus side, the heat and humidity are gone, which is nice. DH's plans to paint bead-board panels will have to wait until tomorrow. Everything "outside" is now "inside" the shed. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I, too, would love to go to Cuba. Maybe someday? I'm not thinking the USA political outlook is too favorable, though.

Could somebody please tell me what ALDIO stands for?

I hope everyone is having a more exciting Saturday than I am. I'm sitting here waiting for the cable guy while my dh is in the garage building a dog house with the boys using plans he got off the Internet. My dh is a mechanical engineer who does a lot of hands on work at work but he hates even changing a lightbulb at home. He thinks the boys needs to learn how to build stuff though and a doghouse is a good place to start. This should be interesting. popcorn::

Great for him to give them his expertise. I've got pizza to go with that popcorn mom? IMG0376A.jpg

We just battened down the hatches here in Maine. There's a serious band of thunderstorms coming through this afternoon; places are reporting 60mph wind gusts and hail the size of golf balls. On the plus side, the heat and humidity are gone, which is nice. DH's plans to paint bead-board panels will have to wait until tomorrow. Everything "outside" is now "inside" the shed. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I, too, would love to go to Cuba. Maybe someday? I'm not thinking the USA political outlook is too favorable, though.

Could somebody please tell me what ALDIO stands for?

Another Lovely Day In Oklahoma, followers of this thread title. I knew once you read the first two words you would have figured that out but, I like to read it here. :)

Stay safe. (((HUGS)))

I would love to go to Cuba. I was hoping that Disney might start cruising there, it would be a fun trip.

I believe I'd read that Disney was planning cruises to Cuba. However, that was before the travel ban, and the newer revised travel ban. :rolleyes1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter