• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Here's a crazy, sad, unexpected situation. My DD & her DH are close friends with another couple on their block, they both have two DDs close to the same age, one child shares a birthday with one of our DGDs, they are like family hanging out in each others homes. The DH of their friends passed away in his sleep last night, he was maybe 34, 35 years old. Needless to say people are freaking out and it's just awful. Our DGDs have been here most of the day and they brought their little friends over this morning so their mother could start sorting everything out with my DD & her DH there for moral support. The little girls are only 3 & 5, the mom is probably mid 30s and now all those lives are changed in an instant. My DD & son-in-law are devastated at the loss of their friend and will now have to explain to our DGDs why their little friends don't have a daddy any longer.

I know this couple & their kids through my DD, see them at daycare sometimes, we've chatted at parties at DDs house. DW & I aren't close to the couple but certainly are acquainted through their relationship with DD. At this point I have no idea about the cause of death, and maybe we'll never know. I would presume heart attack but who knows? A strange & unhappy day in this corner of ALDIO today.:sad2:

Wow, Ron, that is just absolutely sad! :sad1:

Very sad, Ron. My condolences to you and all your family, and their family. So sad. They and you all will be in my prayers.

Thanks Kitty & Dan. I'm ok but I feel so awful for this sweet little family and my DD who is so upset over the loss of a friend. The shock to the wife & kids must be immeasurable, though the children are so young they probably can't quite grasp it(perhaps for the best.) Please send any good thoughts to their family, I know they need it.

Thanks Kitty & Dan. I'm ok but I feel so awful for this sweet little family and my DD who is so upset over the loss of a friend. The shock to the wife & kids must be immeasurable, though the children are so young they probably can't quite grasp it(perhaps for the best.) Please send any good thoughts to their family, I know they need it.

I will definitely keep them in my prayers. It's just so weird as I went to see my 37 year old son and DIL and held my week old grand son. Being in your 30s is wayyyyy to early to go or for that matter, I feel, any age under 60 at least. :sad1:

I will definitely keep them in my prayers. It's just so weird as I went to see my 37 year old son and DIL and held my week old grand son. Being in your 30s is wayyyyy to early to go or for that matter, I feel, any age under 60 at least. :sad1:

What a thrill to get to see your new grandson! I found out the guy was a little older than I thought but he was only 42.:sad2:

Here's a crazy, sad, unexpected situation. My DD & her DH are close friends with another couple on their block, they both have two DDs close to the same age, one child shares a birthday with one of our DGDs, they are like family hanging out in each others homes. The DH of their friends passed away in his sleep last night, he was maybe 34, 35 years old. Needless to say people are freaking out and it's just awful. Our DGDs have been here most of the day and they brought their little friends over this morning so their mother could start sorting everything out with my DD & her DH there for moral support. The little girls are only 3 & 5, the mom is probably mid 30s and now all those lives are changed in an instant. My DD & son-in-law are devastated at the loss of their friend and will now have to explain to our DGDs why their little friends don't have a daddy any longer.

I know this couple & their kids through my DD, see them at daycare sometimes, we've chatted at parties at DDs house. DW & I aren't close to the couple but certainly are acquainted through their relationship with DD. At this point I have no idea about the cause of death, and maybe we'll never know. I would presume heart attack but who knows? A strange & unhappy day in this corner of ALDIO today.:sad2:

I'm just reading this now. So sorry for this happening to you, and yours. Especially sorry for the family's loss at such a young age. Prayers, and thoughts for everyone. :hug:

Sorry, Micca, just read this. We had a similar, sad experience when we lived in PA, when DD was 7. We had her birthday party on Saturday evening, invited the 2 girls (7 and 9 years old) from up the street to the supper-time party and then to stay overnight. Mom and Dad (in their mid-30s) were so happy to have a child-free night! On Monday evening around 11pm, the mom called and asked me to come stay with the girls. The dad had died while out on his evening run and the cops were at the house, wanting mom to go to the morgue for body ID. Needless to say, I called another neighbor for babysitting duty and took the mom to the hospital myself. It was a total shock to the entire neighborhood, and DD was so, so sad for her friends (and worried about her own parents). This was the dad who went running every day, was in great shape and health. Turned out he had a congenital heart defect that nobody knew about until it killed him.

I am so, so sorry that your DD, SIL, and grandkids are going through this. Please give them all my condolences.

Thanks for the note leebee. Yes this situation is sadly similar to the one you describe, the autopsy revealed "enlarged heart." It's been one week & one day--the children seem to be doing okay but I'm pretty sure they don't quite get what's going on. My oldest DGD speaks about it in matter-of-fact terms and doesn't seem too concerned. My DDs friend is a mess, but how could she be any other way? There was no funeral but a celebration of life at a local sports bar and the place was packed, I hope she took some comfort in that. At least there's a firm foundation of friends & family for this woman & her kids, and they're certainly going to need it.

On a happier note...anybody doing anything for the weekend? We've already had one sleepover with DGDs and DW is getting ready to take them to the pool. :)

Thanks for the note leebee. Yes this situation is sadly similar to the one you describe, the autopsy revealed "enlarged heart." It's been one week & one day--the children seem to be doing okay but I'm pretty sure they don't quite get what's going on. My oldest DGD speaks about it in matter-of-fact terms and doesn't seem too concerned. My DDs friend is a mess, but how could she be any other way? There was no funeral but a celebration of life at a local sports bar and the place was packed, I hope she took some comfort in that. At least there's a firm foundation of friends & family for this woman & her kids, and they're certainly going to need it.

On a happier note...anybody doing anything for the weekend? We've already had one sleepover with DGDs and DW is getting ready to take them to the pool. :)

I will get to happy in a moment but it reminds me of when a good friend of ours passed away five years ago this month of an enlarged heart. She was jogging and just collapsed leaving four children 3 to 17 years of age. I still feel so bad for her DH and her kids. :sad:

On a happier note.....we went to see another DS, his wife and her family yesterday for a grill out. They have no children but they do have a very large dog whom acts like a toddler most of the time!! :rotfl:

Just thought I'd share, we are going North (3 hr drive in Ontario, Canada) in two weeks for a mini break (4 days, 3 nights) to the largest fresh water beach in the world! I'm throwing caution to the wind, and taking my limited mobility (Baker's Cysts) with me though... sigh. Albeit, determined to make the best of it. :sunny:

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...KEwjU29vsxMLUAhVD8IMKHQNxDRUQrQMIKzAJ&start=4

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...KEwi6qqyrvsLUAhUH6YMKHZbAAxQQrQMIJTAG&start=1

I'm or rather We're back! It was funtastic! Better than I'd thought it would be (Baker's Cysts) I'll post a couple of pictures later as the drive home to Niagara from the North was taxing on me. At one point there are 8 lanes to get through before we can catch a toll pay express (407 for those familiar) and, have a more decent drive. The speed limit is 100kph normally, there was construction so 80 was posted as suggested... But, drivers were doing 120kph in the slower merging lane, 130ish in the middle AND, anybody's guess in the passing lane! CRAZY!!

This picture is one the day before we went up to Wasaga Beach my husband went to the Niagara Safari Zoo with dgs, ds, and ddil. I stayed home with Charlie ahh... :)
IMG_00000224.jpg

Last edited:
Frozen Canuck:. I had a Tim Horton's 150th Anniversary Nanaimo donut. They did not have Poutine... argh! I took a picture will post later haven't down loaded as yet. It was really great that the anniversary cup roll up the rims did not read try again but, instead wished an 150th Canada! :)

IMG0372A.jpg

Btw, it was shaped like a hockey puck, Go Figure! :)

Last edited:
Wasaga Mini Break!

IMG0374A.jpg With only two weeks into summer, the beach bodies are still untanned.

IMG0373A.jpg

IMG0379A.jpg Lunch, Pizza with Caribbean music! Yes, we were in the car, Air conditioning, and No Seagull attacks.

IMG0377A.jpg

I know, I know... but, it covered "Almost" 3 lunches! Our 1 sinful pleasure. :)

These are of Barrie, (By the Water) Ontario the city we stayed in. There was a car show, during the early evening one night.

IMG0382A.jpg IMG0379B.jpg IMG0380A.jpg IMG0383A.jpg

Attachments

• IMG0374A.jpg
    IMG0374A.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Frozen Canuck:. I had an Tim Horton's 150th Anniversary Nanaimo donut. They did not have Poutine... argh! I took a picture will post later haven't down loaded as yet. It was really great that the anniversary cup roll up the rims did not read try again but, instead wished an 150th Canada! :)

Just so you know, I NEVER read this thread. I didn't even know what it was about, but I was so BORED today that I clicked to the very end to see what people had been discussing for 140 pages. Imagine my surprise when I found my name mentioned!!! Seriously, how many other times have people been talking to/about me before today and I've missed it??? :rotfl2:(Don't bother telling me...I already know the answer...grin!)

Just so you know, I NEVER read this thread. I didn't even know what it was about, but I was so BORED today that I clicked to the very end to see what people had been discussing for 140 pages. Imagine my surprise when I found my name mentioned!!! Seriously, how many other times have people been talking to/about me before today and I've missed it??? :rotfl2:(Don't bother telling me...I already know the answer...grin!)

Oops! Too much sun, could not have been too much pizza... :teeth:

Anyhoo, everybody whose anybody drops in here. Well, "Almost" everybody. :sunny:

Oops! Too much sun, could not have been too much pizza... :teeth:

Anyhoo, everybody whose anybody drops in here. Well, "Almost" everybody. :sunny:

Well, now that I know you are talking about me (to me!), I will be sure to check in periodically. So what are we talkin' bout anyway? Do I need to catch up on 140 pages of controversy??? Cloth vs. disposable? Old Darren vs. New Darren? Should the Littlest Hobo settle down? Does a sprig of parsley on poutine qualify it as a health food??? I'm ready!

You should come hangout with us! We're a lot of fun and there are folks from all over the place here.:)

I'm or rather We're back! It was funtastic! Better than I'd thought it would be (Baker's Cysts) I'll post a couple of pictures later as the drive home to Niagara from the North was taxing on me. At one point there are 8 lanes to get through before we can catch a toll pay express (407 for those familiar) and, have a more decent drive. The speed limit is 100kph normally, there was construction so 80 was posted as suggested... But, drivers were doing 120kph in the slower merging lane, 130ish in the middle AND, anybody's guess in the passing lane! CRAZY!!

This picture is one the day before we went up to Wasaga Beach my husband went to the Niagara Safari Zoo with dgs, ds, and ddil. I stayed home with Charlie ahh... :)
View attachment 249218

With it being just over 90 today that pic looks soooooo refreshing!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter