Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Not the poster you quoted, but my neighbors went a few years ago, and they said there was a lot of pushing and shoving - not the "Disney experience" they were used to at all.

I thought it was interesting to hear that Disney is buying out/taking total control of Disneyland Paris. It seems like that park has always just sort of lagged behind the other international parks in terms of reputation and attendance. I wonder if it's an issue of getting the CMs on board with Disney service? I remember when the park opened it faced some opposition from the French who did not welcome the "American" style endeavor to French culture. Is that still a thing?

Hey ALDIOans......it was a year ago on the 15th this thread was "born" and this year my newest grandchild joined the world also on the 15th and get this.....my son and DIL named their son Will!! I might have have to call him Willy in honor of our Willy!!! :love:
Only a year?!? It honestly seemed like way longer than that. When did Willy lose his DMom and drift off? Clearly I've lost my sense of the passage of time...:scratchin

Hey ALDIOans......it was a year ago on the 15th this thread was "born" and this year my newest grandchild joined the world also on the 15th and get this.....my son and DIL named their son Will!! I might have have to call him Willy in honor of our Willy!!! :love:
Congratulations Kitty! How nice is that!! Best wishes for your son and all of his and your families.

Only a year?!? It honestly seemed like way longer than that. When did Willy lose his DMom and drift off? Clearly I've lost my sense of the passage of time...:scratchin

I think he lost his Mom about mid Sept last fall and then was only here maybe a week later. I loved how he was so upbeat and "liked" everyone's posts. He was so much fun. But I,also, love the way that many others on this thread keep the likes and laughter still coming on this thread and on others!!! We need that here on our CB!

I think he lost his Mom about mid Sept last fall and then was only here maybe a week later. I loved how he was so upbeat and "liked" everyone's posts. He was so much fun. But I,also, love the way that many others on this thread keep the likes and laughter still coming on this thread and on others!!! We need that here on our CB!

POOL'S OPEN! :)

Bring your own rubber ducky 'cause Charlie (our retriever) will not share his!

IMG_00000213.jpg

. I have to try again... sigh. No, I don't it posted! :)

Don't worry about umbrellas 'cause we've got you covered!

WillyJ can not call me "Drought Girl" this year. :fish:

Last edited:
Here's a crazy, sad, unexpected situation. My DD & her DH are close friends with another couple on their block, they both have two DDs close to the same age, one child shares a birthday with one of our DGDs, they are like family hanging out in each others homes. The DH of their friends passed away in his sleep last night, he was maybe 34, 35 years old. Needless to say people are freaking out and it's just awful. Our DGDs have been here most of the day and they brought their little friends over this morning so their mother could start sorting everything out with my DD & her DH there for moral support. The little girls are only 3 & 5, the mom is probably mid 30s and now all those lives are changed in an instant. My DD & son-in-law are devastated at the loss of their friend and will now have to explain to our DGDs why their little friends don't have a daddy any longer.

I know this couple & their kids through my DD, see them at daycare sometimes, we've chatted at parties at DDs house. DW & I aren't close to the couple but certainly are acquainted through their relationship with DD. At this point I have no idea about the cause of death, and maybe we'll never know. I would presume heart attack but who knows? A strange & unhappy day in this corner of ALDIO today.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter