And this is why Diaper Genie is a big problem.,,

You definitely had to refresh to get a different time slot with fastpass +. If I used my 3 fastpasses for the day and I wanted to go on say Haunted Mansion but the app return time was 8pm and it's only 1pm I would keep refreshing the app until a time I wanted popped up which is no different than Genie +. If you don't like the time Genie + gives you back out refresh and new time will pop up. If you check the app and by some miracle you find the ride and time you want then of course you never had to refresh however I generally never found myself among those people. I find that I actually check my app less with Genie+ because of the 2 hour rule which I'm pretty sure didn't exist with fastpass+.

It absolutely can happen which is why the blue umbrella has a giant line most of the time. That's a problem that really needs to be addressed t's hard enough to get dining reservations to restaurants you want now you have to worry about having to wait in line to fix genie + reservation.....bad design.
Two hour rule did exist with FP+, as well with paper FP.

I don't remember having that issue at all with FP+. In fact I know for sure that once you scheduled a FP+ you could then reschedule it by selecting your desired window. Never had to sit there refreshing over and over.

I guess I get to throw the "I guess you didn't use Fastpass + to your advantage.." line back at you. 😉

Two hour rule did exist with FP+, as well with paper FP.

I don't remember having that issue at all with FP+. In fact I know for sure that once you scheduled a FP+ you could then reschedule it by selecting your desired window. Never had to sit there refreshing over and over.

I guess I get to throw the "I guess you didn't use Fastpass + to your advantage.." line back at you. 😉
It's not that hard to understand, if the times are not available that you want......REFRESH! Keep refreshing until you get the times your want.

From Molly when she was with Allears
"THE KEY TO SUCCESS IN BOOKING MULTIPLE FASTPASSES CAN BE SUMMED UP WITH ONE WORD: REFRESH." #Fiddle-Faddle

A aa
You may wish to consider renting a scooter if 15 minutes is the limit you're able to wait due to health challenges. It is often rare at Disney to be in a line that is less than 15 minutes.
I bought a rollator specifically for WDW use. I can walk but I can’t stand. They cut back on the benches and there are few in the shade. ( An entirely diffent topic). I just checked EPCOT. Mission Space is the only attraction that is lass than 15. The Land has been 20-30i It absolutely can happen which is why the blue umbrella has a giant line most of the time. That's a problem that really needs to be addressed t's hard enough to get dining reservations to restaurants you want now you have to worry about having to wait in line to fix genie + reservation.....bad design.
Has anyone else noticed how many blue umbrellas are now needed and the line?
It's not that hard to understand, if the times are not available that you want......REFRESH! Keep refreshing until you get the times your want.

"THE KEY TO SUCCESS IN BOOKING MULTIPLE FASTPASSES CAN BE SUMMED UP WITH ONE WORD: REFRESH." #Fiddle-Faddle

With a rollator, scooter or stroller you use both hands and have to (mostly)watch wher you are going. I don’t have the luxury of walking into people with my nose in my phone.

Last edited:

I understand it just fine. And I knew it before I went thanks to Molly and Ear Scouts. The point is, I don't WANT to "play the Genie+ slots" all day. I'm on vacation with my family and friends and I want to engage with them and the environment around me, not my phone. My phone is supposed to be a tool to facilitate that, not a distraction from it.

I understand it just fine. And I knew it before I went thanks to Molly and Ear Scouts. The point is, I don't WANT to "play the Genie+ slots" all day. I'm on vacation with my family and friends and I want to engage with them and the environment around me, not my phone. My phone is supposed to be a tool to facilitate that, not a distraction from it.

Well said!

The pedestrian congestion has always been bad in the parks but it is much worse now:
  • Crowds increased
  • Mobile phones appeared in more peoples hands
  • FP came out and people starting running to machines
  • Scooters, wheelchairs and other such devices became more popular, as WDW is the best place in the world for being ADA compliant and accessible
  • FP+ came out and people immediately started to head to their first ride with no idea where they were headed. Looking down at maps
  • Genie + came out and made mobile phones and absolute necessity to use in the parks if you wanted LL's
Since I started using the Rollator last year, I didn't realize what pounding my knees where doing as I dodged and weaved through crowds. I move very slowly to enjoy the atmosphere and time with my family but at least a dozen times a day I have to come to a complete stop and as someone walks straight toward me without looking up from their phone.

I've seen many pedestrian accidents and most of them could have been avoided if WDW made an effort to keep the walkways clear and moving. CM's need to be sent out and ask the crowds of people standing RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE to "Stand to the side. Keep the walkways" clear. They did it with masking for months. A CM riding a scooter asking a group of people to step aside would do wonders for so many areas of the park and make the parks safer for everyone.

Many times there was only one time window availalble, and if you refreshed over and over a new window could pop up. Yes, I also spent a lot of time refreshing on my phone with FP+

My phone has never been a distraction in Disneyworld and no point have I ever felt it took away from my environment and that whole narrative is just an over exaggeration so were just going to agree to disagree.

A aa

I bought a rollator specifically for WDW use. I can walk but I can’t stand. They cut back on the benches and there are few in the shade. ( An entirely diffent topic). I just checked EPCOT. Mission Space is the only attraction that is lass than 15. The Land has been 20-30

Has anyone else noticed how many blue umbrellas are now needed and the line?

With a rollator, scooter or stroller you use both hands and have to (mostly)watch wher you are going. I don’t have the luxury of walking into people with my nose in my phone.
Not sure how it happened but in the post above, you have a 'quote' from me (your second quote in that post) that I did not say. Could you please adjust/remove it as it's not a topic I discuss or have knowledge of so would prefer not to have a quote linked to me that is not mine. Thanks so much!

Wait what does this mean? I haven't followed the changes to G+ since our trip in April, what's this about blind return times in at 7am, and a new window at 10:30am?
When you book a LL between 7:00-7:30, you will not see a return time until the confirmation screen. This is because the system would show you a 9am at refresh, 11am when you select it, and 3pm when it finally books. To alleviate this disappointment for thousands of people, Disney hides the return times until confirmation for the first 30 minutes.

There is no “new” 10:30 window. 10:30 is when you can make your next LL selection for an 8:30 park opening. Essentially when the 2 hour rule opens up.

Two hour rule did exist with FP+
I don’t remember a cooldown with FP+. If at 2pm you picked 8:30pm Illuminations viewing spot, you were done for the day unless you changed your pick. Have I forgotten something?

Many times there was only one time window availalble, and if you refreshed over and over a new window could pop up. Yes, I also spent a lot of time refreshing on my phone with FP+
Wasn't my experience, but regardless, you could have accepted the first and then chosen a window to reschedule. It would give you options in or as close to your requested window as was available.

My phone has never been a distraction in Disneyworld and no point have I ever felt it took away from my environment and that whole narrative is just an over exaggeration so were just going to agree to disagree.
If you are refreshing your phone it is distracting you from other things, whether those other things are talking to others, looking around or driving a car. That is a fact backed up by many peer-reviewed scientific studies. Your refusal to accept that fact and attempt to dismiss it does not change the simple truth that it is a fact.

Of course we can disagree, just as some choose to disagree with other proven facts. But facts they remain.

If you want to claim the distraction does not affect you because you prefer it to other options, that is, in fact, an opinion and I certainly cannot argue with that. I can only say in may case I prefer the other options.

***edited for grammar

Last edited:
Not sure how it happened but in the post above, you have a 'quote' from me (your second quote in that post) that I did not say. Could you please adjust/remove it as it's not a topic I discuss or have knowledge of so would prefer not to have a quote linked to me that is not mine. Thanks so much!
Tried my best. Let me know if I corrected it accurately.

If you are refreshing your phone it is distracting you from other things, whether those other things are talking to others, looking around or driving a car. That is a fact backed up by many peer-reviewed scientific studies. Your refusal to accept that fact and attempt to dismiss it does not change the simple truth that it is a fact.

Of course we can disagree, just as some choose to disagree with other proven facts. But facts they remain.

If you want claim the distraction does not affect you because you prefer it to other options, that is, in fact, an opinion and I certainly cannot argue with that. I can only say in may case I prefer the other options.
If I don't care to look at those "other things" then the phone is not a distraction the "other things" are the distraction.

With the money I spent on Diaper Genie this trip, and all the Ubers, I'm not sure why I'm staying on site anymore. I don't understand why on-site can't book this a week out or get a ride or two "free" or whatever. And I don't want to get up at 7AM.

The nickel and diming is frustrating when it doesn't even work and the on site means nothing. G+ is really struggling here, I expect major changes.

Wasn't my experience, but regardless, you could have accepted the first and then chosen a window to reschedule. It would give you options in or as close to your requested window as was available.
No, that is what I was saying. Even with FP+ during the day, refreshing was required. There was often no other window available. But if you refreshed, sometimes a closer window would open up.

With the money I spent on Diaper Genie this trip, and all the Ubers, I'm not sure why I'm staying on site anymore. I don't understand why on-site can't book this a week out or get a ride or two "free" or whatever. And I don't want to get up at 7AM.

The nickel and diming is frustrating when it doesn't even work and the on site means nothing. G+ is really struggling here, I expect major changes.
Not as long as the parks are still selling out and G+ is being purchased by 3/4's of all guests. No financial incentive.

Not as long as the parks are still selling out and G+ is being purchased by 3/4's of all guests. No financial incentive.
Sure, fool them once. I've booked plenty of high spenders since Covid who won't be back.

I actually think financially it makes sense to up the price and make the product better for the big spenders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter