And this is why Diaper Genie is a big problem.,,

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
At 10:30 on the nose I picked a 5:10 Lightning Ln. on test track. I hit the button it circles and falls back to the tip board for 5:30. Hit it again GIVES ME 6:50-7:50!!! Noooooooo!

I have the After Hours Dessert Party at 8PM !!! I’ll never make it!

What an absolute waste of money!!!

This is annoying, I agree, but if you go right at your window opening at 6:50 (actually you can check in 5 minutes early), you'll still make it to your party.

Edited: Unless you mean your dessert party is in MK, in which case I'd try to keep refreshing for an earlier Test Track time. They do release them.

The desert party is over at the Magic Kingdom and it will take at least an hour to walk to the monorail, take to monorails to the Magic Kingdom, tap into MK and walk up a crowded Main Street to Tomorrowland terrace.

It’s not even noon and Test Track, Remi, and Frozen are sold out on Genie +.

EPCOT Genie + is not worth it unless you are happy paying for 2 rides with Frozen and Remy being mutually exclusive. You will get one or the other.

Buying a LL and getting a boarding group is a two person job for Guardians. Solo travelers are out of luck booking both.

Did I mention how much I love getting up at 6:45 AM after a late night at a Halloween party?

EPCOT Genie + is not worth it unless you are happy paying for 2 rides with Frozen and Remy being mutually exclusive. You will get one or the other.

Buying a LL and getting a boarding group is a two person job for Guardians. Solo travelers are out of luck booking both.

Did I mention how much I love getting up at 6:45 AM after a late night at a Halloween party?
It's amazing how difficult Disney makes a vacation. It's the Disney Difference.

Ugh!!! I feel your frustration. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and easy to navigate. Disney has now figured out how to make things more difficult. I don't understand it. It's not rocket science. Just make things like they used to be and quit with the genie- stuff. If the guests are happy navigating WDW then they will hopefully return. No one I know likes to put up with what is now involved with navigating WDW. Good luck with it.

Ugh!!! I feel your frustration. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and easy to navigate. Disney has now figured out how to make things more difficult. I don't understand it. It's not rocket science. Just make things like they used to be and quit with the genie- stuff. If the guests are happy navigating WDW then they will hopefully return. No one I know likes to put up with what is now involved with navigating WDW. Good luck with it.
Disney is not making anyone buy Genie + or LL, if you don't want to use it then don't. The attraction line is still open for anyone who wants to stand in it. I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked
for us during the summer but that's just me.

We were there over Spring Break and Genie Plus worked much better for us than FP+ did.

It’s because the 5000 people who booked at 7am (going in blind mind you because you can’t see the return times for the first 30 minutes) are all at once booking their 10:30s. The same issue that happened at 7am now happens at 10:30. Now you know why Disney made return times blind in the morning. My suggestion is that if you truly cannot make this time, cancel and refresh. Something is bound to come up. You can complain, bit it’s not changing and everyone plays by the same rules.

This is a bit exaggerated. People get Frozen and Remy on the same day all the time. We did it on two different days a few weeks ago. The ILL$ for GOTG don't sell out until well into the morning most days, I don't know why getting both would have to be a two person job.

The way it shifts your time after you click to book a G+ reservation and having to get up early are definitely annoying, no question about that. Overall i know everyone hates being charged for something that was free, but as a system I'll take G+ over FP+ every time.

FP+ allowed us to book 3 FP's in advance and choose the time slots. No having to be on the phone at 7am every morning while on vacation. Everything was set before we even left home. No refreshing all day trying to get the high demand attractions at a time that doesn't conflict with dinner reservations. Far easier to use and schedule things when you wanted, and far less time needed on the phone during the day. The $15 really has very little to do with it.

The only downside to FP+ was the tiering of attractions, but they had gradually moved more attractions out of the top tier, making even that much more manageable. All of the other aspects more than made up for this. The fact it was free was just icing on the cake.

FP+ allowed us to book 3 FP's in advance and choose the time slots. No having to be on the phone at 7am every morning while on vacation. Everything was set before we even left home. No refreshing all day trying to get the high demand attractions at a time that doesn't conflict with dinner reservations. Far easier to use and schedule things when you wanted, and far less time needed on the phone during the day. The $15 really has very little to do with it.

Yeah... I remember how much I didn't like going from FP to FP+... if only we could have FP+ back. Ah, the good old days.

The only downside to FP+ was the tiering of attractions, but they had gradually moved more attractions out of the top tier, making even that much more manageable. All of the other aspects more than made up for this. The fact it was free was just icing on the cake.
I guess you didn't use Fastpass + to your advantage because I was still on my phone refreshing just as much to get additional fast passes after I used my first 3.

I do agree that the 7am start is something that I don't really care for even though my family is up before that time anyway even on vacation. I would like the ability to pick my Genie + return time however it didn't seem to interfere with any of our dining or lunch reservations the last time we used it.

Only ever experienced the old FP system and FP+ once my last trip to WDW (2014). FP+ was the ideal system imo, you got 3 FP to start for each day (already picked out before your stay too!), club level guests could get 6 (perks of spending extra to get a little extra), and my parents could use those kiosks to get more FP+ (I have no idea if those are still in use with Genie+, they made it smoother for my less tech-savvy family). I wouldn't have been as upset with them charging for FP+ if they had kept the previous system in place. From an outsider perspective, it looks like a total nightmare and a strain on the trip. Sorry its giving y'all issues, I hope I don't have these similar problems in Jan!

Back when Remy was an ILL, both TT and Frozen would be sold out by 10am. The issue with Epcot is there just aren't enough rides to keep the demand from overwhelming supply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter