• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

...And Then Scotty Happened. A Hawaiian Adventure (CHAPTER 32 Added 5/23--THE END)

Hmmm...I don't think I ever sent my husband to the store for my pregnancy test. Never thought of that fun idea. So, did you tell the kids before you went to Hawaii? What was their reaction?

We told them in Hawaii...not before. I'm sure Mark will share how that all went down.

And sending him to the store was out of necessity. Working at the same school as the kids, I'm with them going and coming. And I couldn't "sneak out". And I didn't want to answer the questions that come from three kids who can read. So Mark was nominated.

Julie is SUPERMOM and SUPERWIFE...never doubt her abilities.

awe..... :blush:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing:
(That's the Four Stages of "Glad it's You and not Me".......in emoticon form)

Funny how a lot of our friends have had that exact same response.

You made it to Hawaii!!! Very happy about that. And I love the faces full of excitement in that airport pictures!

I had my suspicions about the medical condition that prevents mountain climbing and now since it is official: congratulations!! I am sure you will get another wonderful addition to the family. But maybe you ought to not plan any more trips to Hawaii - there must be something about this place...

Those Hawaiian donuts look delicious. They remind me a lot of what our German donuts look like. But we eat ours cold. Then maybe every country has a version of fried dough just because it is so delicious...

Julie sent me to Target to buy a pregnancy test. I think she was punishing me.

It was 3 weeks before we left for Hawaii. This was not part of the plan. But there I was crouching in The Dreaded Aisle, the one where you get the knowing looks from passers-by while you try and determine if you need the Name-Brand Urinate-On-A –Stick, the Target brand, the digital readout, the one that makes blue parallel lines, the one that makes a + sign…

This is all located right next to the items you buy in order to keep from having to buy a pregnancy test later (take it from me: they're only 97% effective), which earns you even more knowing looks. I hate this aisle.

or 0% if you are me. But hey, it can make for the fastest first trimester ever if you believe the false negative!

You've heard of the 5 Stages of Grief. With unexpected pregnancies, it's more like the 10 Stages of Numbing Shock. I can't name all of the stages, but here they are in emoticon form:

:eek::scared1::badpc::scared::sad::headache:
:sick::sad2::drive::drinking1
I remember those emotions well

On top of all this, I had an interview for a promotion right before we left for Hawaii. It was literally the last thing I did at work.

And...???????

Travel tip: If you're a Costco member, use Costco for your car rental. When I originally booked a car, it was through Avis, and they wanted $140 for 4 days/3 nights. As our travel dates got closer, the companies kept dropping their rates and Costco's deals kept getting better and better. I wound up with a car on Oahu through Enterprise for $72. Using the same strategy on all of the islands, I saved about $500 total for the trip.

Ditto and keep checking, rebooking, etc! We ended up with Avis, not that low but twice and many days and a holiday weekend so still, pretty good!

We then discovered the First Rule of Driving in Honolulu:

Rule #1: You can't get there from here.

There was not a single sign directing us to the airport exit. There were plenty of signs for places like "Auolele St.", which was as helpful as posting signs in Klingon. The interstate highway, H-1, was above us. We just couldn't find a way up there.

Side note: why are there interstate highways in Hawaii? Because, as the guidebook says, otherwise they'd have to pay for it.

Side note: WHY do the rental places not give you one nice easy to read map that includes that info anymore? I do not want a BOOK of 8 maps I have to piece together that are hard to read and full of ads!

We circled the airport roads for a bit (possibly driving on a runway as well) before finally finding a ramp to the highway. We were finally on our way! Where do you think this family of Disney nuts wanted to go first?

A bonus point for you if you guessed: the donut truck. Hey, we were hungry.

We'd wanted to eat one of the famous malasadas (Portuguese donuts) from Leonard's Bakery in Honolulu.

Oh my word, that's pretty funny. More power to you guys.

So, our first food experiment was a success. It was finally time for these Disney nuts to head to...

Costco. You didn't expect us to pay for Ama-Ama, did you? We're the pigs-in-a-blanket family, remember?

At this point, it was getting close to 3:30 p.m. local time. We'd been up for 17.5 straight hours and we were getting grumpy, tired and snippy with each other. Grocery shopping with the family is annoying on the best of days, and we were not at our best. But we got our shopping done, and piled back into the car. We may or may not have needed to pack the food on the kids' laps.

Costco with kids is potentially worse than the regular grocery store too. Brave brave souls. Must have needed pizza.

I've laughed more in the past 30 minutes of reading your trip report than I have all day. :rotfl2: You're and excellent story teller. Congratulations to your family on the latest addition.

By the way, I'm another one who doesn't care for the Dole Whip (I cannot stand pineapple). So, can I trade mine in for a virtual gift from Hawaii? Maybe some virtual beach scenes? I'm sure they'll be coming eventually. :goodvibes

OK, I'm along for the ride. Who can resist a free dole whip? :thumbsup2

I...I don't know that. *thrown into pit*
+1 :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: What is your favorite color????? :rotfl2:
Blue. No, yel… Aaaaauuuuh!

Chapter 1: When are reservations not really reservations?

Generally when their made for any type of air travel.

Julie sent me to Target to buy a pregnancy test. I think she was punishing me.

Sounds like the first line of a novel, now don’t it?

It was 3 weeks before we left for Hawaii. This was not part of the plan.

Somehow I suspected that :rolleyes:

Anyway, I grabbed the $5.98 Target brand (nothing’s too good for my baby).

Goes without sayin’ :lmao:

In an effort to camouflage it at the register and avoid more knowing looks from the cashier, I grabbed some sunscreen for our trip and a toilet brush. I’m not even sure we needed a toilet brush. I also got some baseball cards for the kids. Then I decided I was being ridiculous and that I should just own it. So I put it all back except for the pregnancy test and sunscreen.

Well if you’re gonn’a own it (good decision by the way) then out of that list of items it’s the test and the toilet brush that you should’a slapped down in front of the register. If you don’t care what the cashier thinks (and you shouldn’t), then why not take the opportunity to give ‘em something to really puzzle over.

You've heard of the 5 Stages of Grief. With unexpected pregnancies, it's more like the 10 Stages of Numbing Shock. I can't name all of the stages, but here they are in emoticon form:

:eek::scared1::badpc::scared::sad::headache:
:sick::sad2::drive::drinking1
:faint:

Fixed it for ya’… It looks exactly like someone had a fit and then ran screaming out of the house and down to the local pub to get blitzed. But it needed the last bit where you then staggered back out into the street and collapsed in the gutter.

we understood the phrase “Man plans, God laughs”

Pretty sure most of us know that one rather well

On top of all this, I had an interview for a promotion right before we left for Hawaii. It was literally the last thing I did at work. So after all that, you could say that we needed a vacation.

Cool! How’d that go?
Hopefully better than the last couple of time I’ve attempted such

So I'll try not to be That Guy, and give the English translation for Hawaiian words whenever I have it,

But we have such low expectations…
why worry about such?

like this: Aloha ("hello" or "goodbye"), Mahalo ("thank you"), and Humuhumunukunukuapua'a ("I fell on the keyboard").

Yah I get it now, but since you were there and spoke to the locals… did you ask just what prompted them to name the state fish: “I fell on the keyboard". I bet there’s a story behind the choice.

Here, I must acknowledge my wife as the Packing Goddess. We were spending approximately 2.5 weeks in Hawaii and somehow she managed to do it with 2 checked bags. And they were both under the 50-lb. limit. I don’t know how she does it (I'm pretty sure it involves voodoo curses), but yeah…she’s good.

VaderImpressive.gif

As we waited at the gate, I noticed our seat assignments on the 2nd leg of the flight (San Francisco to Honolulu) were different from what I remembered on our reservations.

See my first comment… :headache:

And I also thought I might have seen the abandoned air base that the Mythbusters use near the San Francisco Bay.

Even if it’s not… it’s a good story.
Besides, if it is a myth, someone will bust it.

"Folks, we're about 6 inches short of the gate and they'd like us to pull forward. Please stay seated with your seat belts on..."

Flying use to be an adventure.
Now it ranks below even commercial bus lines when it comes to purposely punishing your clientele. Busses may actually be better now.

I'm not proud of this, but I made a pregnant woman sprint.

No… United Airlines made a pregnant woman sprint.

Just this once… it’s not your fault
(But you’ll fix that somewhere else along the way).

And considering the lady in front of me racked her seat so far back I could have given her a dental exam,

An opportunity missed…
:rotfl2:

Travel tip: If you're a Costco member, use Costco for your car rental.

That one I’ll file away

Rule #1: You can't get there from here.

Sounds like many places I’ve frequented

Side note: why are there interstate highways in Hawaii? Because, as the guidebook says, otherwise they'd have to pay for it.

No fools they, but then again…
I-4 isn’t exactly an interstate either (nor I-16 for that matter)

Where do you think this family of Disney nuts wanted to go first?

A bonus point for you if you guessed: the donut truck. Hey, we were hungry.

Missed it by that much… I figured it’d be a taco truck.
One selling Humuhumunukunukuapua'a Tacos specifically

We'd wanted to eat one of the famous malasadas (Portuguese donuts) from We'd wanted to eat one of the famous malasadas (Portuguese donuts) from Leonard's Bakery

mmm-donuts.jpg

Better choice anyway.

Yes, we got lost. I had looked up the location a couple of months before but hadn't had time to refresh my memory before we left. But as I drove, I was confident I'd find it even without asking for directions for the following reasons:

TR5-004_zps1d14c224.jpg

After 15 minutes of aimless wandering, we'd given up and gotten back on the highway, only for Julie to spot the donut truck--

TR5-005_zpsfc5ab0e6.jpg

We finally got to the truck. Malasadas are puffier than normal donuts and are best served hot, since they don't re-heat well and get chewy and doughy later.

Much like Beignets (but I’ll get to that story later on in a different TR)

So, our first food experiment was a success.

And just screamed: “tropical paradise”

It was finally time for these Disney nuts to head to...

Costco.

Gott’a have them cheese balls

Coming Up Next: Aulani. Duh.

popcorn::

:rotfl2: Very funny update! You had me laughing out loud multiple times.

Congratulations again to you, Julie, and the family.

Now, I have to ask a serious favor - Can Julie come pack for me the next time I travel because I have NO clue how she got 5 people's clothes in two suitcases for under 50lbs. :worship: She is my hero!!!!!

I have to admit the hight light of my flight to New Zealand was watching that map. ::yes::

Costco after being up for 17 hours - oh boy! :eek:

Can't wait to see Aulani!

I almost forgot - woo hoo :cool1: for a conveniently located donut shop!

And please tell me you killed that interview before you left! I hope this one's in the bag!

Congratulations! So does this mean you will have to start all over with visiting all states or will the latest addition have to wait untill adulthood and visit those him/herself?

Be glad you had the stop over, a little run was maybe quite good for most of you after sitting for several hours. I would give a lot if I could get out of the plane, breath slightly fresher airport air and stretch my legs in the middle of a flight to the US. But no one thought of that when putting the Atlatnic there...

You told me you wanted two bags so I made it happen.

I was right, though, wasn't I? About the voodoo thing.

Slightly offset by teacher appreciation week gift cards.

I guess we won't be getting any more of those, either.:sad1:

Which would be really cool if that's what it was.

I found out it wasn't, but it was still part of the show. So that makes it cool again.

Mark had my carry-on (thankfully) but I was also stuck holding Scotty's hand. Let me rephrase....I was DRAGGING Scotty by the hand through the airport to our gate.

That was easier than trying to get him to follow directions.

Surprisingly roomy!

Will we see you in a Chevy Impala commercial sometime?

We did not. Remember....you're married to the Packing Goddess. It all fit in the trunk. Room to spare. Give me a challenge. (Oh wait.....that's repacking the bags on the way home....)

:worship:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: What is your favorite color????? :rotfl2:

Now for the update.

+1:thumbsup2

Nice bit of reading before heading to bed. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your trip.

Hmmm...I don't think I ever sent my husband to the store for my pregnancy test. Never thought of that fun idea. So, did you tell the kids before you went to Hawaii? What was their reaction?

You haven't lived until you've spent time in that aisle. We didn't tell the kids until we were in Hawaii. So stay tuned...

Too bad about the seats on the plane...I hate when that happens (and it's happened to us once or twice).

It serverd to reinforce the notion that the airlines just don't care.

The reason I don't go to Hawaii again (we went for our honeymoon) is that long flight...I hate flying and 10 hours on a plane is more than I can handle.

It is a long one, but the destination is definitely worth the effort.

Those donuts look yummy...I am drooling here.

They were great. We were too cheap to buy meals on the plane so we'd packed PB&J and some snacks. So these hit the spot.

Julie is SUPERMOM and SUPERWIFE...never doubt her abilities.

Agreed. :goodvibes

I'll be back to harass/comment when I get home, but I just want to say that I was laughing out loud reading about the Target part.

Right on for Julie sending you.... :lmao:

To be fair, she didn't want to spill the beans to the kids or answer awkward questions at that point.

Glad to see you processed it all. Congrats again. May not be the way you thought but all that shock will give way to joy and the world will be right again.

Thanks! The only thing we can do is accept it and be excited for little Cletus to arrive. As I told Julie, it's not like we're dealing with something we haven't dealt with before.

Hope that went well.

As far as my job interview went, let's call this one a cliffhanger. We'll come back to it later in the TR.:rolleyes1

Good notes - I will remember them.::yes::

Of course, everything will have changed by then.

She is good. :worship:

::yes::

At least she was not behind you????? That would have been a different exam. :eek: :rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Location noted. Lucky 7. Even in Hawaii roads still a maze.

Until they move the trailer, anyway.

Donuts ---check- Costco or Safeway( from Cynthia) for food. check.

Our Costco membership paid for itself many times over with this trip. They have the cheapest gas on all of the islands.

But you are in Hawaii so you survived.

Exactly.

You are Magic!!! :worship:

I guess I'll keep her around.

A couple of our packing secrets: first, we did have 5 carry-on bags to use. And second, we could do laundry halfway through the trip at my aunt's house.

One of the perks of being a teacher.

I like mooching off of those gift cards.:thumbsup2

Of course you were. At least he was not running ahead when he did not know where he was going. Oh wait that was me that happened to.

:sad2: Does anyone have a good airline story?

:thumbsup2 Great update and congrats on the new cash vacuum. :goodvibes

When DH found out I was pregnant with our third, he sat in shock in front of the TV watching ESPN for 2 days. :laughing:

:lmao::rotfl2: What else can you do? Anyway, thanks.

Great update and congrats!!!

Thank you!

When we were trying for #2, I hated going in that dreaded aisle. I always felt like I was a bad kid and I was "in trouble". :lmao:

It's the "get in and out as quick as possible" aisle.

I see someone has been watching his Octonauts, right? That's the only way I know how to pronounce humuhumunukunukuapua'a...or for short, Hank.

I've actually never seen Octonauts. But it's impressive that you have that word down. It's actually not too hard once you break it down. It just looks intimidating.

I'd be a little annoyed about not getting the window seats that I had booked. There's a huge difference between the stinky middle aisle and the window, especially on that long of a flight.

Absolutely. I know most of the flight is 5 hours of blue ocean, but it's a cool sight when the island finally slide into view.

I can't wait to hear about Aulani! (By the way, we love Costco Travel! Cheapest rental cars we've found anywhere)

I was amazed at how cheap the deals got. After that, it was just a matter of refusing all of the up-sells at the desk.

Just what I have come to expect and love about a Captain Oblivious trip report. Action, adventure, entertainment, bad jokes, puns, plot twists. Of course, plot twists usually happen well into the story, but you got it out of the way first thing! Nice job! :thumbsup2

Thanks Mike!

Wait, did you say BAD jokes? Come on, this is comedy gold!:sad2:

I’m also glad to see that the story moderator is on board with this one as well to make sure that you get it right (and to make sure that the embarrassing stories aren’t left out). Hi Mrs. Knowitall! :wave2:

:sad2:

Um, I mean, hi honey! :wave2:

2.5 weeks with only two checked bags?? Always good to have a packing goddess along for the trip! Aren't wives great? princess:

::yes:: Being able to do laundry was a life-saver on bag fees.

Off to a great start. Can’t wait to hear more about Aulani! :beach:

I can't wait to get back to Aulani!

Good to see Mark's trip report living up to his usual standards.

(Pretty daggone funny).

Thanks Chris! See, Mike, they are funny.

Loved the update! Omg... A dental exam.. I loved it! Lol

Thanks and :welcome:

Nah........she was just giving you the opportunity to continue contributing fully in this process........

Um...yeah, that must be it.

Nah again.......the dreaded aisle is the one you WON'T have a reason to visit for at least the next few months........ :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay, I see the lie here.......those baseball cards were really meant for you!!! ::yes::

No, my collecting days are done. I get to live vicariously through the boys now.

You? Being ridiculous?? A new "spot the obvious" contest maybe??? :confused:

:rolleyes1

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing:
(That's the Four Stages of "Glad it's You and not Me".......in emoticon form)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Nicely done.

Hope the interview went well!!!

Stay tuned...

Uh, does that make this a "sticky note?" :rolleyes2

I'm not sure I should touch that one.

Glad you found the silver lining in there somewhere...........

Hard to complain when you're heading to Hawaii.

This happens way too often to just be a random occurrence............has to be meticulous planning!

Like I said, does anyone have a good airline story?

Well dang, you could have taken me along.......... I would have carried Julie's bag! .............and yours too!!!

I think that Chevy Impala may have had its work cut out for it.

So you're saying your Truth Check Diva has fallen down on her job already??? :confused3

:rolleyes1

We told them in Hawaii...not before. I'm sure Mark will share how that all went down.

And sending him to the store was out of necessity. Working at the same school as the kids, I'm with them going and coming. And I couldn't "sneak out". And I didn't want to answer the questions that come from three kids who can read. So Mark was nominated.

So that's the story. :scratchin

Funny how a lot of our friends have had that exact same response.

Either that, or they say something like, "Holy @#$%!" and we say, "Yeah, that's what we said too!" :rotfl:

You made it to Hawaii!!! Very happy about that. And I love the faces full of excitement in that airport pictures!

I don't think we looked that excited when we left Hawaii.

I had my suspicions about the medical condition that prevents mountain climbing and now since it is official: congratulations!! I am sure you will get another wonderful addition to the family. But maybe you ought to not plan any more trips to Hawaii - there must be something about this place...

Thank you! Now we're just hoping for everyone to be healthy. And for a low-maintenance baby!

After experiencing Aulani, we'll take the risk to go back. ;)

Those Hawaiian donuts look delicious. They remind me a lot of what our German donuts look like. But we eat ours cold. Then maybe every country has a version of fried dough just because it is so delicious...

You might be right! I can't think of anyone who doesn't like fried dough.:thumbsup2

or 0% if you are me. But hey, it can make for the fastest first trimester ever if you believe the false negative!

Now this sounds like a story! popcorn::

I remember those emotions well

I think we still experience them occasionally.

And...???????

Stay tuned!

Ditto and keep checking, rebooking, etc! We ended up with Avis, not that low but twice and many days and a holiday weekend so still, pretty good!

It's nice to find a strategy that works!

Side note: WHY do the rental places not give you one nice easy to read map that includes that info anymore? I do not want a BOOK of 8 maps I have to piece together that are hard to read and full of ads!

:lmao::rotfl2:

You are so right. Although to be honest, we found ourselves using the guidebook maps we had brought with us and ended up needing to flip pages for that as well.

Oh my word, that's pretty funny. More power to you guys.

Mmmm...donuts...

Costco with kids is potentially worse than the regular grocery store too. Brave brave souls. Must have needed pizza.

Exactly. And milk that wasn't $7/gallon. :faint:

I've laughed more in the past 30 minutes of reading your trip report than I have all day. :rotfl2: You're and excellent story teller. Congratulations to your family on the latest addition.

By the way, I'm another one who doesn't care for the Dole Whip (I cannot stand pineapple). So, can I trade mine in for a virtual gift from Hawaii? Maybe some virtual beach scenes? I'm sure they'll be coming eventually. :goodvibes

:welcome: I'm glad you're enjoying it!

You will definitely be receiving virtual beach scenes shortly! But seriously? You hate pineapple? I didn't think that was possible. For me, it's in the Pantheon of Foods That Make Everything Better (like bacon and cheese).

OK, I'm along for the ride. Who can resist a free dole whip? :thumbsup2

:welcome: Justin! But see above for the answer to your question.

Dude, I read a fair bit of that update thinking that the pregnancy test thing was a flashback to the time of "and then Scotty happened". I was thinking "wow, Julie was subbing back when Scotty happened too". And "how cute that they called Scotty 'Cletus' before he was Scotty". Then you got to the interview part and I was corresponding with you then so knew about that (fortunately, or it may have never dawned on me (DUH!)) and I realized that you meant, like now! Well 'tarnation! Congratulations! :thumbsup2

P.S. Thanks for pointing out that Aulani is next (Duh), for people like me.
durr.gif

P.P.S. Enjoy your visit to the urologist. ;) :lmao:

Blue. No, yel… Aaaaauuuuh!

+1:thumbsup2

Generally when their made for any type of air travel.

Now I have a lot of reservations about air travel.

Sounds like the first line of a novel, now don’t it?

I learned that one of the keys to good writing is to have a killer opening line. Or maybe it was to write a novel about sparkly vampires. I forget.

Somehow I suspected that :rolleyes:

What gave it away?:confused3

Well if you’re gonn’a own it (good decision by the way) then out of that list of items it’s the test and the toilet brush that you should’a slapped down in front of the register. If you don’t care what the cashier thinks (and you shouldn’t), then why not take the opportunity to give ‘em something to really puzzle over.

:rotfl2: :rotfl::lmao:

I'm gonna need this pregnancy test...this toilet brush...a box of light bulbs...and Lemon Pledge.

Fixed it for ya’… It looks exactly like someone had a fit and then ran screaming out of the house and down to the local pub to get blitzed. But it needed the last bit where you then staggered back out into the street and collapsed in the gutter.

In that case, we might need a few stages of drunkenness too:

:drinking1:joker::dance3::yoda::jumping1::faint:

Cool! How’d that go?
Hopefully better than the last couple of time I’ve attempted such

The results of the interview will be revealed later in the story.

But we have such low expectations…
why worry about such?

Good point. (burp)

Yah I get it now, but since you were there and spoke to the locals… did you ask just what prompted them to name the state fish: “I fell on the keyboard". I bet there’s a story behind the choice.

I must have forgotten to ask. Why ruin a good story?

See my first comment… :headache:

Exactly.

Even if it’s not… it’s a good story.
Besides, if it is a myth, someone will bust it.

I ended up doing the honors myself.

Flying use to be an adventure.
Now it ranks below even commercial bus lines when it comes to purposely punishing your clientele. Busses may actually be better now.

You know what? I still enjoy flying. But I enjoy it more when I have a window seat.

No… United Airlines made a pregnant woman sprint.

Just this once… it’s not your fault
(But you’ll fix that somewhere else along the way).

Well, thanks for having my back.

An opportunity missed…

I didn't pack my drill. Stupid TSA.

No fools they, but then again…
I-4 isn’t exactly an interstate either (nor I-16 for that matter)

Lots of competition for those Federal dollars!

Missed it by that much… I figured it’d be a taco truck.
One selling Humuhumunukunukuapua'a Tacos specifically

Those guys didn't last long. Tough advertising costs.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Much like Beignets (but I’ll get to that story later on in a different TR)

Definitely like beignets.

And just screamed: “tropical paradise”

Donuts = paradise.

glennbo123 said:
Dude, I read a fair bit of that update thinking that the pregnancy test thing was a flashback to the time of "and then Scotty happened". I was thinking "wow, Julie was subbing back when Scotty happened too". And "how cute that they called Scotty 'Cletus' before he was Scotty". Then you got to the interview part and I was corresponding with you then so knew about that (fortunately, or it may have never dawned on me (DUH!)) and I realized that you meant, like now! Well 'tarnation! Congratulations! :thumbsup2

Wow. Is this lieutenant oblivious?

:rotfl2: Very funny update! You had me laughing out loud multiple times.

Glad to hear it! It beats the alternative.

Congratulations again to you, Julie, and the family.

Thank you!

Now, I have to ask a serious favor - Can Julie come pack for me the next time I travel because I have NO clue how she got 5 people's clothes in two suitcases for under 50lbs. :worship: She is my hero!!!!!

Keep in mind, we didn't have any souvenirs yet. :eek:

I have to admit the hight light of my flight to New Zealand was watching that map. ::yes::

Now that is one long flight. :faint:

Costco after being up for 17 hours - oh boy! :eek:

They didn't even have people handing out free samples of food. I've made a meal of that before.

Can't wait to see Aulani!

Me too!

I almost forgot - woo hoo :cool1: for a conveniently located donut shop!

And please tell me you killed that interview before you left! I hope this one's in the bag!

I'd love to be able to tell you that...but we'll have to wait and see.

Congratulations! So does this mean you will have to start all over with visiting all states or will the latest addition have to wait untill adulthood and visit those him/herself?

I think baby's just going to have to catch up. Living on the east coast, we can reach a lot of states relatively quickly. As for Hawaii, I guess we'll just have to go back to Aulani sometime. Darn.

Be glad you had the stop over, a little run was maybe quite good for most of you after sitting for several hours. I would give a lot if I could get out of the plane, breath slightly fresher airport air and stretch my legs in the middle of a flight to the US. But no one thought of that when putting the Atlatnic there...

I would have been happy with a longer and less stressful layover!

I'll be back to harass/comment when I get home, but I just want to say that I was laughing out loud reading about the Target part.

:thumbsup2 Because it wasn't you, right?

Thanks! And don't feel bad. Julie posted a picture on Facebook to announce the pregnancy that asked people to count our kids. It posed Sarah, Dave, Scotty and Julie in a line in front of the numbers 1,2,3 and 4. We had quite a few people who took it to mean Julie thought of herself as a big kid. :lmao::rotfl2:

durr.gif

No problem. Otherwise you'd be looking forward to Safeway or something.

:headache::bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter