Amerisuites Calypso Cay

tinksmom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at the Amerisuites on Calypso Cay. I'm getting a good deal on it and want an opinion.

Thanks, Tinksmom

I also would like to know about this place. I got a suite for $44.50 plus tax, and the price is very inviting to me. I sure would like to hear from someone who has stayed there before I decide to stay... Thanks in advance to all.

i havent stayed at this hotel, but i have stayed at the country inn and suites that it shares a waterpark pool with. the hotel is new, within the last year, i would think. not for sure of it's exact opening. it's seems to be very nice for the price just like the ci&s were. it is part of a hotel/ timeshare development. it is a easy ride to any of the parks at disney, not more than 10 minutes tops. the osceola parkway and 535 are right next to this property. they have a very good breakfast buffet and also hear that on wed evenings they have a free hor dourves. i hope this helps.

debbie

Hi Colt: Just curious how you got a price of 44.50 they quoted me 59.00 for april 21. Thanks

Deb.

I wonder what the difference is between the Country Inn Suites and the Amerisuites are since they share the same property? I booked the Country Inn suite thru valutrips, and do not have to be bothered with the time share presentation.

Just an FYI. I was thinking about the Country Inn for our next trip in August. I found some nice rates on www.valutrips.com. The Valutrips website said that you could call the hotel direct, or use www.calypsocay.com

I emailed the property manager Faye Goldberg. She covers Amerisuites Country Inn, etc. She told me via a phone conversation we had about two weeks ago that if you call the hotel direct you have to go thru a timeshare presentation. She said if you booked your trip via a broker, you don't have to, but a price change may be reflected. Also if you book thru the hotel, and don't do a timeshare, your rate MAY change.

AFter that, (I don't want to waste my vacation doing a timeshare ) we decided to book elsewhere. Just thought I would give you all a heads up.

Does anyone know if you book thru valutrips, can you call your credit card number into the hotel itself, I really do not want to put my credit card number on the internet. Has anyone else done this.

Deb.

Yes, I noticed that valutrips was not SSL encrypted, and I didn't feel secure about it either.
That is why I called the hotel directly, and then that is what Faye Goldberg told me.

Cottontail: The rate of $ 44.50 was with the Entertainment card. I also have a suite at the Country Inn and Suites Calypso Cay for $ 54 through Valutrips.com, waiting for the future Mrs. to decide which one... As for valutrips.com, I received this rate by calling the hotel, and I did not need to put my credit card info on the Internet. Also, I was assured by the hotel staff that I will not have to attend a timeshare meeting and that my rate will not change during my stay. However, they did state that I will be "offered" an "opportunity" to attend a presentation, which of course I will respectfully decline.

Hello everyone! My name is Faye Goldberg, Director of Sales for Calypso Cay Resort. I would like to clear up some confusion about the timeshare concept as it relates to our hotel. AmeriSuites Lake Buena Vista South and Country Inn and Suites do not require timeshare presentations to stay at our resort. You may call either hotel directly to make reservations without any timeshare pitch or the requirement to take a tour. We do not change the rate if you do not take a timeshare tour. The rate you receive when you book directly through the hotel is the rate you will pay when you arrive. There is no catch. Here's the scoop on the timeshare: There is an AmeriSuites Vacation Club Desk located in the lobby of the AmeriSuites where those guests interested in a tour can sign up for one. AmeriSuites Vacation Club does also promote different mini-vacation trips designed to offer a deeply discounted rate in exchange for a timeshare tour. These are clearly noted as such in their advertisements. Companies such as Valuetrips.com do not require tours. Valuetrips is a company offering discounted rates to consumers looking for nice accommodations at a reasonable price.

Hello everyone! My name is Faye Goldberg, Director of Sales for Calypso Cay Resort. I would like to clear up some confusion about the timeshare concept as it relates to our hotel. AmeriSuites Lake Buena Vista South and Country Inn and Suites do not require timeshare presentations to stay at our resort. You may call either hotel directly to make reservations without any timeshare pitch or the requirement to take a tour. We do not change the rate if you do not take a timeshare tour. The rate you receive when you book directly through the hotel is the rate you will pay when you arrive. There is no catch. Here's the scoop on the timeshare: There is an AmeriSuites Vacation Club Desk located in the lobby of the AmeriSuites where those guests interested in a tour can sign up for one. AmeriSuites Vacation Club does also promote different mini-vacation trips designed to offer a deeply discounted rate in exchange for a timeshare tour. These are clearly noted as such in their advertisements. Companies such as Valuetrips.com do not require tours. Valuetrips is a company offering discounted rates to consumers looking for nice accommodations at a reasonable price. I am always available to answer any additional questions. Feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak with me.

Hi Faye,

Thank you for clearing all this up. We are coming down to your hotel, and would like to know if you accept the disney club entertainment card, it is the same entertainment company but affiliated with the disney club card.

The reverse of the disney club has the crown emblem for the entertainment company? Thank you, looking forward to coming down to your hotel.

Yours,

Deb.

Deb,

I am not familiar with the card you are speaking of. We do accept the Entertainment card if its the same thing. If you would like to fax me a copy of the back and front of the card to my attention at the hotel I can gladly take a look at it to see if we can honor it for you.

Faye

Hi Faye:

Could you give me your fax number at the hotel, and hopefully I can do it either tomorrow or the next day. If you do not want to display your number you could send it in my private messages. Thanks,

Deb.

Dear Faye,
Thank you for clearing up this mix up. I have been trying to post your responce on the Country Inn and Suites thread also but I haven't been able to reply(It is on the 2nd page right now). Could you just copy your response and post it there too. I appreciate it!!
MaryAnne

Hi Maryanne!

I've been trying to post the response there all morning and haven't been able to do it either. I am going to keep trying though.

Faye

Hi Faye:

I gave it to my hubby to do tomorrow, hopefully he remembers, there is a book that goes with it that he will photocopy the cover it mentions entertainment at the bottom of the cover, and on the disney club card, the front says disneyclub and back has a very small emblem for the entertainment portion.

Let me know if you receive this tomorrow, thanks,

Deb.

Wow, how did you guys get those great rates with the Entertainment Club card? I have a card, and just talked to the reservation desk at Amerisuites Calypso Cay for 3 nights, Feb 27 - March 2nd. I was told that the rate with the entertainment card was $109 a night. Is this correct? That sounded more like the rack rate to me.

-Alan

Hi Thrill:

I called the main number for country inn and suites and asked for the ent rate. Then I called the amerisuites in calypso cay and received the ent rate as well. Maybe it depends when you are going, we are going the end april.

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!