Am I the only one who can't stand Mickey's Voice?

Jeremy...I'm with you! Voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard! I'm not a big Mickey fan.

Whoo hooo! At least there's 2 of us!

This just made me laugh. Now don't get me wrong I like Mickey's voice when I am at Disney or watching a movie with him. But my boyfriend has two cousins (twins) that sound just like Mickey (I am not kidding). And if you hear it all the time it does begin to wear on the ears and I can see how you find that voice annoying (I know after a day with the cousins I am ready for them to leave).

Please don't flame me, because I do like Mickey's voice but I can also understand what the OP is saying.

Boy am I impressed!!! So far everyone has been very nice, and the humor is spot on!! I like Mickey's voice, my kids do great Stitch impersonations, but Minnie??? Gimme a break.

Okay - please don't flame me. I partly agree with the OP. I like Mickey's voice when I am watching the classic cartoons. However, there are times at the parks when it just doesn't sound quite right and it's annoying. When we were on the cruise line we ordered a wake up call for the first few days. That stopped really quickly. Hearing his voice from the phone waking me up grated on my nerves. It's almost like they added extra syrup to his voice. The classic cartoons sound more "normal" to me. I hope this makes sense.

I agree Jeremy - Mickey's and Minnie's voices have grated on my nerves since I was little. Love to see them in the parks though :worship:, when they can't talk!!:woohoo:

Mickey's voice always brings a smile to my face. My old cell phone's default ringer was him saying "Telephone...It's for you!"

I know it's probably close to blasphemy around here, but I really can't stand hearing Mickey Mouse's voice.

Tell me I'm not alone.

My DH really thinks Mickey sounds too effiminate (like he has been castrated).

I'm in agreement. Mickey's voice actually helped to keep me from anything Disney through my 20s (that and Carl Hiaasen's and Dave Barry's books, LOL, and questions about massive corporations and tricky land-buying for WDW but that was also spurred by Hiaasen). Usually thought of Mickey as something that starts with the sound "you" and ends with the sound "nuk".

Now I just try to ignore it when DS watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...and I'm glad glad glad that Mickey doesn't talk when DS meets him at Disneyland.

Mickey's voice has changed a bit over the years. I much prefer his old voice, that was done by Walt, to his present voice.

It's all about the mouse!!! No matter what his voice, it's still all about him!!!:lovestruc

:lmao: I don't have a problem with Mickey's voice myself, but I can see how it might annoy people. Minnie too.

I love Mickey's voice! Not too keen on Daisy's.... but I love Stitch's voice, it is the cutest thing I've ever heard! :goodvibes :love:

Walt's mickey voice is the real mickey in my opinion. The new versions that they play to announce how many minutes until a show beings are just terrible. And it's the same with the pal mickey. I love mickey's character but the new voice he has been given recently does not compare to his classical sound.

I know it's probably close to blasphemy around here, but I really can't stand hearing Mickey Mouse's voice. DW had recently suggested getting a Pal Mickey and I told her it was a waste of money, because I would rip off the doll's head if I had to hear it all day.

Tell me I'm not alone.

Some things are meant to be kept to themselves.........THAT is one of them! I personally can't begin to imagine Mickey's voice sounding any other way! Sweet music to our ears! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!