ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

She said something like CL usually aren't available with pins, but since TMK view and LV were available, it makes me wonder.

I had booked GV CL with the 40% off pin (have no idea which since I never saw, they said I had one when I called and begged :lmao: ). Once AP rates were released I was able to call and switch from the 40% off pin to the 42% off AP rate. So sometimes they do have the rooms, guess it's a matter of luck and availability.

i was able to book CL with 40% off rate..Maybe they just dont have any available during your stay.. id keep trying tho..even once you arrive, you never know..

can someone tell me if the lounge is open (fridge for cola) 24 hrs a day?

Yes, but they don't re-stock after 10pm or so, so whatever is left in the fridge is it until morning. We were told to help ourselves to whatever drinks we wished and to go ahead and take them back to our room fridge. If you're counting on that soda whenever you want it, just grab a 2-3 at a time and do the same.

I am JUST now uploading my photos to Photobucket so I can post. Things have been so crazy here the last 2 weeks! I'll be posting resort photos soon.:goodvibes

Some photos from our trip July 3-11. WARNING! The files are large and there are tons!
The Welcome mat:
IMG_8538.jpg

One of many tiki guys:
IMG_8544.jpg

In the GCH:
IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

Walking out to the Volcano Pool:
IMG_8534.jpg

Looking back at GCH:
IMG_8533.jpg

Another pool shot:
IMG_8535.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8630.jpg

Hidden Mickey!
IMG_8551.jpg

Looking back at the Hawaii building from the MK Launch:
100_2288.jpg

From the lounge:

IMG_8231.jpg

DSCI0070.jpg

100_2393.jpg

Boat launch from MK-->GF-->Poly
IMG_8621.jpg

Some shots from the launch:

IMG_8622.jpg

IMG_8623.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

Yes, but they don't re-stock after 10pm or so, so whatever is left in the fridge is it until morning. We were told to help ourselves to whatever drinks we wished and to go ahead and take them back to our room fridge. If you're counting on that soda whenever you want it, just grab a 2-3 at a time and do the same.

Yes, you can always access the lounge, but the only thing available outside normal hours is the refrigerator with the soda in it (and maybe some water on the counter? I can't remember).

i *THINK* so, but I haven't been yet, so hopefully someone else can confirm.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

Well I was gone for two days and look what happened! The new thread looks great Guitarob and I love the new pictures from some recent trips. If it was possible to get MORE excited about our trip, I think some of those pictures did it!

I agree Cathy! The thread is fabulous! I love all the new pictures :worship:

Thanks everyone for sharing :goodvibes

Great job on this thread!!!

I have a few questions. We have some early morning ADRs and I wondered how early transportation starts.

HS - 8 am breakfast - Park opens at 9am
AK - 8 am breakfast - Park opens at 9am
MK - 8 am BBB appt - Park opens at 9am

Any tips on the best mode of transport to each place?

Thanks!

I think this got lost so I wanted to ask again. :)

I think this got lost so I wanted to ask again. :)

I have not used them, but everyone says there are early morning buses that will get you to a pre-opening ADR at the parks. Of course, to MK, you can just take the monorail - it will be running in time.

Okay, so I bit the bullet and finally booked our Poly room for October:woohoo: I ended up booking a tpv room because I just don't want to be second-guessing myself later about it. I really wanted tpv, but I wasn't wanting to pay the price...needless to say, I caved:rolleyes1:

So now that I have truly committed to the Poly, I have a couple questions:

1. Is the daybed very comfy? My 16-year old ds will most likely be the one using it. He's 6' and has a big build to him. Would he be comfy on this bed or do we need to figure something else out?

2. Which longhouse would be most centrally located and still offer a tpv?

Thanks for your help! Now I have to get past how much this trip will cost us and find my excitement over going to WDW again :)

Okay, so I bit the bullet and finally booked our Poly room for October:woohoo: I ended up booking a tpv room because I just don't want to be second-guessing myself later about it. I really wanted tpv, but I wasn't wanting to pay the price...needless to say, I caved:rolleyes1:

So now that I have truly committed to the Poly, I have a couple questions:

1. Is the daybed very comfy? My 16-year old ds will most likely be the one using it. He's 6' and has a big build to him. Would he be comfy on this bed or do we need to figure something else out?

Thanks for your help! Now I have to get past how much this trip will cost us and find my excitement over going to WDW again :)

I can comment on the day bed. Both of my DSs have slept in the day bed at the Polynesian and both have said that it was comfortable. They're 22 and 19, and have been sleeping in the day beds at Disney (Grand Floridian and Polynesian) since they were 13 and 10, and neither mind taking their turn in it. They're both close to 6' tall and have big builds, too. I think your DS16 will be fine. :)

P.S. On this past trip DS's DGF slept in the day bed and she thought it was very comfy. :cloud9:

Tuvalu has TPV (with a lovely view of the GF) and is very close to the GCH and volcano pool. It does not have balconies on the second floor though, so if you want outdoor space request first or third floor as well!

Well I must say this thread is starting off with some great pictures!:thumbsup2 I remember when I booked my dream POLY stay in Feb, I read I think 150 pages, and loved every post, but especially the pictures. I could just not get enough of the pictures, and still can't!:lmao:

Thanks Mdrob for posting the fantastic pics, some I have never seen before, now that is saying something:rotfl2:

We booked our trip to celebrate DD's 16th birthday back in January and I've been avoiding threads like this because it was still too far away. Now that we're just over 4 months out I'm loving every picture and piece of information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter