ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

Hi again. Our family of five have a garden view room at the Poly from Aug 17 to Aug 27 for the first time. Is there any particular request(s) that we should make? I'm hoping that some of the Poly veterans on here can help me out. Thanks.

Mr. Incredible...

We are a family of five down there for the first time as well at the Poly - getting there the same day as you.

I have heard from folks that the Tahiti and Rapa Nui are good since they are a bit larger and have two sinks in the bathroom and balconies on the second and third floor as well. They are near the TTC, but away from the volcano pool, etc. Tokelau has larger rooms as well and is more centrally located, but no 2nd sinks.

Many people say that a first floor room is good for families since there is a patio and the kids can get out there and run around if needed.

See you around the pool (I will look for the guy in the red tights).... and good luck...

Good Saturday morning everyone! Here's a nice picture my daughter took on our recent trip:

And one of the view from her hammock (toes included):

:lmao: Love this pic! Every time we go on vacation, I make a picture with the "feet" view. I actually got the idea from my father...he does it, too;)

Just tried to upgrade to CL for our trip starting Aug 16th but got shut out. Now I'm jealous.

toddd,

Not a bad view, looks nice and tranquil... your signature is hilarious Mostly Alison.. so true-- a woman's work is never done!:laughing:

I have added a few photos to the main FAQ posts. Thank You hstrickland for the fresh pics! :thumbsup2

I have also added Tess' 2010 CL stay report to the Reviews section! Thank You Tess! :thumbsup2

There's always room for more! Keep 'em coming! :goodvibes

Anybody played bingo as part of the games they have at the POLY? If so, Is it around the pool or at the GCH?

Just tried to upgrade to CL for our trip starting Aug 16th but got shut out. Now I'm jealous.

Be persistant! I couldn't upgrade for our Oct. trip. Have called about everyday for 2 week. Yesterday I scored a lagoon view CL :cool1: I spent most of the evening drooling over the TPV CL views, knowing they are the best, but I know the lagoon would have been fine.

On a whim I called this morning at :banana: I was able to get the TPV room!!!!:love: :cloud9: :cool1: Now I am not changing my room at all again! I just pray for pixiedust: that they will come out with AP rates and we can change to that so we can save a little more money.

Thanks for posting the updated info and pictures!

I am trying to pick a resort for our upcoming trip (me, DH, and 2 DS's) to celebrate one son graduating from college (Dec '10) and the other graduating high school in June '11...

I think that Poly is back at the top of my choices now! :thumbsup2
I just love the whole relaxed tropical theme...and the fact that the monorail is right there! :goodvibes

The one thing that I keep struggling with is that fact that the kids are really men now...would they be better off having their own room to share instead of trying to fit all of us in one room?

Just how comfortable is the daybed for someone 6'2" to sleep on? Do the rooms feel pretty roomy?

Must have either a balcony or patio too...do all rooms in all longhouses offer either option?

Which longhouse offer CL with a GV?

TIA!

We were stayed in Tokelau, second floor in April 2010. Thought it was a great longhouse. We noticed the extra room (vs. Niue in 2008), centrally located - quick walk to GCH, adjacent to the quiet pool (which all in our party including 5 ages 10 and under preferred) and maybe 10 min walk to TTC. We wanted rooms facing the pool but none were available - initially we were a bit disappointed but this turned out to have some benefits - quieter and cooler in the afternoon - facing away from the afternoon sun (and it was HOT when we were there). Here are a couple of pics from our balcony - early morning (Rm 2925)...

[Gorgeous pics]

Hope this helps,

Alison

Awww, thank you a ton. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up about Tokelau but it seems to be quite ideal for what we'd like. I'm sure the other longhouses all have their perks too and we'll be happy with whatever. Fingers crossed anyway. :thumbsup2

Count me in as another Tokelau fan. We love it so much, we were even willing to move after our first night to get there!! We also prefer the side NOT facing the quiet pool (the east side). It's so quiet and peaceful, nice grassy area, the lagoon is just to the left. We're first floor fans.

i *THINK* so, but I haven't been yet, so hopefully someone else can confirm.

Yes, you can always access the lounge, but the only thing available outside normal hours is the refrigerator with the soda in it (and maybe some water on the counter? I can't remember).

Be persistant! I couldn't upgrade for our Oct. trip. Have called about everyday for 2 week. Yesterday I scored a lagoon view CL :cool1: I spent most of the evening drooling over the TPV CL views, knowing they are the best, but I know the lagoon would have been fine.

On a whim I called this morning at :banana: I was able to get the TPV room!!!!:love: :cloud9: :cool1: Now I am not changing my room at all again! I just pray for pixiedust: that they will come out with AP rates and we can change to that so we can save a little more money.

We keep trying for GV CL, but its really difficult. Now I wish I would have just booked the Lagoon view. :(

She said something like CL usually aren't available with pins, but since TMK view and LV were available, it makes me wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter