ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

Finally got most of DD's pictures uploaded to photobucket. How about a picture of the quiet pool with some visitors?

101_1501.jpg

The CMs kept chasing them out and they just kept coming back. It was cute!

So Cuuuute! ::yes::

We loved staying in Tokelau!!:thumbsup2
We loved the location because it was so central to the GCH and TTC. We requested a patio instead of a balcony because we had small children with us (there were 13 of us!) and our rooms were all together, so when we would come back to our rooms the kids would play outside our patios.

Have a great trip!:)

Thanks so much for the thumbs-up for Tokelau. :goodvibes Hoping they'll have something available for our request but I won't hold my breath!

I guess I am in the minority here...it's not that we didn't like the old music, we are just so glad that they have more than the eight or so original songs. For two years in a row we have had a ground floor room in the Hawaii building where you can hear the music constantly since it is piped into the grassy area/beach. DH is so tuned in to music (no pun intended) that he was nearly driven insane :scared1: by the constant repetition of songs. Maybe they should have just added more songs instead of getting rid of the old ones.

I agree. The last loop was nice but I would have been a lot happier had it been a little longer.

The one that really makes me want to jump off the balcony (okay, maybe that is a little drastic) is the Christmas loop! We weren't even there a full day before it felt like "Mele Kalikimaka on Christmas Day" and "Numbah One Day of Christmas" were playing back to back every few minutes. By the third day of our trip I was really hoping tutu would forget to send a few gifts. So maybe I'll get lucky and the Christmas loop will be extended too.

I'll deny it to the end, however, that I sometimes break out into song while at the office. An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree!

I agree. The last loop was nice but I would have been a lot happier had it been a little longer.

The one that really makes me want to jump off the balcony (okay, maybe that is a little drastic) is the Christmas loop! We weren't even there a full day before it felt like "Mele Kalikimaka on Christmas Day" and "Numbah One Day of Christmas" was playing back to back every few minutes. By the third day of our trip I was really hoping tutu would forget to send a few gifts. So maybe I'll get lucky and the Christmas loop will be extended too.

I'll deny it to the end, however, that I sometimes break out into song while at the office. An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree!

LOL! Numbah One Day of Christmas - I have that on my Christmas playlist! I didn't hear it at the Poly @ Christmas, but we weren't staying there on that Christmas trip. I thought I would share our playlist that we listened to while driving down to our last Poly stay (you can see the whole middle group is the resort loop - I think I got those files from Tikiman's site a few years ago). But if anyone's looking for a Poly-themed playlist - here are some ideas. I hope that's not too off-topic for the thread. Sorry for the wonky DIS formatting!

Banana Pancakes Jack Johnson
Bora Bora Toti's Tahitians
Coconut Harry Nilsson
Don't Worry Baby The Beach Boys
E Le Ka Lei Lei(beach Party Song) Don Ho
Fantasy Island All-Time Top 100 TV Themes
Gilligan's Island Bill Cole, Gene Merlino, Ian Free-Smith & Stan Farber
God Only Knows The Beach Boys
Guitars and Tiki Bars Kenny Chesney
Hale'iwa Hula Amy Hanaiali‘i Gilliom
Harbor Lights Duke Kamoku & His Islanders
Hawaii Five-O The Ventures
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus & Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu
Hawaiian Shirt Day Lundberg
Hernando's Hideaway Archie Bleyer
The Hukilau Song Alfred Apaka
The Inch Worm Jack Costanzo
Kokomo The Beach Boys
Lava The B-52's
The Millionaire's Holiday Combustible Edison
On the Beach at Waikiki New Hawaiian Band
Polynesian Hukilau Disney
Polynesian Lanai Music Disney
Polynesian Track 1 Various
Polynesian Track 2 Various
Polynesian Track 3 Various
Polynesian Track 4 Various
Polynesian Track 5 Various
Polynesian Track 6 Various
Polynesian Track 7 Various
Polynesian Track 8 Artist
Polynesian Track 9 Various
Polynesian Track 10 Various
Polynesian Track 11 Various
Polynesian Track 12 Various
Polynesian Track 13 Artist
Polynesian Track 14 Various
Polynesian Track 15 Various
Polynesian Track 16 Various
Polynesian Track 17 Various
Polynesian Track 18 Various
Rock-A-Hula Baby Elvis Presley
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing Jack Johnson
Sleepwalk Santo & Johnny
Slinky The Bomboras
Taboo Martin Denny
Theme from "The Tiki Wonder Hour" Combustible Edison
Tiare Tahiti Toti's Tahitians
Tiki / Quiet Village Martin Denny
Tiki Tiki Tiki Room Wayne Brady
Volcano Jimmy Buffett
When the Sun Goes Down Kenny Chesney featuring Uncle Kracker
You Ku'uipo Willie K

Completely jealous of that counter! :thumbsup2

Any Tokelau enthusiasts here? I made a request with our reservation for top floor @ Tokelau if they had it available. It's only a garden view room and not sure if they'll grant it -- figured it was worth a shot in asking! It's our first time at Poly, first time at Disney for hubby and daughter. Would love to hear what others think about the longhouse... :goodvibes

I'm excited also about my counter!!, I wish I could help you as far as longhouse, I myself am new to staying at POLY, but have been there on quite a few occasions... But it never hurts to ask, all they can say is no....Your hubby and daughter will love WDW.:wizard:

I'm in!!! Hoping for a nice discount next May/June to entice away from my Dolphin rate of approx $200 a night. Love love love the Poly...but love saving money too!!! Don't have the same feelings for the Dolphin but the location makes up for that!!!

Just in time to enjoy a new thread....! We jump in the car exactly 7 days from now... but we don't get to the Poly until 2 days later....:-(

Still though...... I am SO excited.... and a bit nervous.... now that we are so close (I have been planning since January) I start to worry that something might happen that would prevent us from going!

I honestly know I get more stressed closer to my trip, like today I was watching the weather and saw Tropical Storm/Hurricane Bonnie heading towards the whole route of my trip and thought "Oh know, not now, of course a really bad storm to mess up my trip,( I don't think of the destruction of homes and lives in Bonnie's path--- I selfishly think it better not mess up my trip plans, then I realized Bonnie was approaching this weekend and thought GOOD, just not next weekend. Isn"t that horrible because this weekend is somebody elses trip to WDW. Or another worry-- please no one get sick in the family or if someone outside my family gets sick its like stay away from me and my kids, because nothing better get in my path to WDW. I go Disney mad, because so much planning was involved in this one trip.... So needless to say I worry, LOL! and because I never purchase travel insurance.. :upsidedow

can someone tell me if the lounge is open (fridge for cola) 24 hrs a day?

Thanks for including us in your ticker!! Can you believe how close it is??? I just spent the entire afternoon trying to do our park touring plans while listening to the Poly loop. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon, I think. :thumbsup2 Besides, it's 104 with the heat index here, so being inside it better. Though, maybe I should go outside to get myself ready for Florida. :rotfl:

Unfortunately, I broke my big toe 2 days ago. :mad: That's going to make park touring kind of hard. My DS says I should get a wheelchair so we can go to the front of the lines. LOL! Of course, I won't do that!!! We'll just have to take it a little slower....

I bet your one of those people whose never broken anything before and right before your WDW trip, it happens.. Isn't that crazyyy..
That's funny about the wheel chair though, I actually giggle about the people who you know are in the wheel chair just to get to the front of the line or because their tired, what's really horrible is when you've waited with screaming, hot, tired children with spilt(I'm sure not a real word) ice cream all over them in a line and someone who probably shouldn't be in a wheelchair anyway gets in the front with 15 of their family members.. It drives me nuts...If they really aren't disabled in any REAL way. But then I guess its not for me to judge, in the grand scheme of things, It really doesn't matter.
Actually your day sounded great to me, tomorrow I think I'm going to swim in the pool & float under my willow trees in the backyard pretending they are palm trees of course and daydream I'm at the POLY ... :cloud9:

Or another worry-- please no one get sick in the family or if someone outside my family gets sick its like stay away from me and my kids, because nothing better get in my path to WDW. I go Disney mad, because so much planning was involved in this one trip.... So needless to say I worry, LOL! and because I never purchase travel insurance.. :upsidedow

I know exactly, I am usually a fan of hand sanitizers, but I think I get worse right before Disney vacations :scared1:

I know exactly, I am usually a fan of hand sanitizers, but I think I get worse right before Disney vacations :scared1:

My second trip to Disney in 2003, We drove straight to WDW 13 hrs nonstop except gas and only a few rest stops. Checked in exhausted and I woke up my first morning at Disney sick with fever and vomitting, I said to my DH SAVE yourself and the kids, get out of here, take them around the resort , anywhere but here,(I was terrified I had this and it was going to them and the trip was ruined-- I was dead to the world for the first 2 days, and I never get sick, the planning and driving and excitement all rolled into one and it was miserable, but I was a trooper and got through it, I tried to learn a lesson out of it, FLY next time.....LOL HAHAHHEHHEHEHH. Take care of yourself and calm down, its just a vacation.. but one heck of one!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:!

Hey everyone another live update for you. For the poster asking about resort specific merch (sorry I don't remember your name!), I looked around briefly and found Polynesian logo tees, travel coffee cups, picture frame, trading pins, and possibly other items since I only looked around briefly. I'm gonna shop a lot more don't worry, so I'll keep my a lookout for more resort specific items (I always buy something with my resort logo on it for a keepsake).

Oh my gosh y'all I didn't know we moved on to a new thread! Wow I'm so behind but I'll catch up with that once I'm home, doing this on the phone is not the easiest on my eyes.

That was me lol. Thank you for the update and I'll be waiting for more news. Enjoy the beautiful Poly.

Good Saturday morning everyone! Here's a nice picture my daughter took on our recent trip:

101_1524.jpg

And one of the view from her hammock (toes included):

101_1516.jpg

Any Tokelau enthusiasts here? I made a request with our reservation for top floor @ Tokelau if they had it available. It's only a garden view room and not sure if they'll grant it -- figured it was worth a shot in asking! It's our first time at Poly, first time at Disney for hubby and daughter. Would love to hear what others think about the longhouse... :goodvibes

We were stayed in Tokelau, second floor in April 2010. Thought it was a great longhouse. We noticed the extra room (vs. Niue in 2008), centrally located - quick walk to GCH, adjacent to the quiet pool (which all in our party including 5 ages 10 and under preferred) and maybe 10 min walk to TTC. We wanted rooms facing the pool but none were available - initially we were a bit disappointed but this turned out to have some benefits - quieter and cooler in the afternoon - facing away from the afternoon sun (and it was HOT when we were there). Here are a couple of pics from our balcony - early morning (Rm 2925)...

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Hope this helps,

Alison

Thanks ZuZu and Tess! I think I'll bring a few wipes for myself because I tend to be "sweet" too. :rolleyes1

One week from today we'll be at the airport!!! :woohoo: :banana: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter