ALL Aboard a WONDERful TR! FEB 2010 - 3/29 Final Ramblings & a PTR!

Oh! Well, so are we! But not the 7 day cruise you are planning on! We are taking the four day cruise over President's Day weekend. It is on the Dream. We figured we had to check out the boat before we brought our kids.... :rolleyes:

We changed our mind a few weeks ago. We are doing the 4 day cruise over President's Day as well. We leave Sunday (the day before President's Day) on the Disney Dream. Is that when you leave? Tom and I talked and we were concerned over the 7 nights. Plus, he is insisting on a balcony. He is worried about his space (and I thought I was the claustrophic one). Our plan is to drive down and spend Saturday at Sea World, board the ship on Sunday, and then head to Walt Disney World the next three days and stay at the Grand Floridian . DS is going with us and we will celebrate his birthday on Friday at Magic Kingdom and our anniversary on Saturday. The Dream looks amazing. Jeremy is very excited about the Aqua Duck.

Erika

Holy Moly - I want to go on a cruise! CC looks so beautiful and so relaxing! I can totally do drinks at 11AM! LIke you said, mimosas and bloody mary's are alcoholic, why not a conch cooler?

Thanks for the great photos! Looks like a fabulous time! :goodvibes

Sara

Sign me up for Castaway Cay!!! Wowza...love it! I hope the rumor you heard about a resort there is true because I could totally see spending days there!

Wow! Great updates with awesome pictures. Sounds like you had such a wonderful adult trip but would be awesome with the kids as well.

We are headed for the Dream December 2011! We are really looking forward to it, and are praying for great weather. I get motion sickness so I have a plan for medication, never been on a cruise but DH and kiddies are looking forward to it, so I am going! :wizard:

Looking forward to Castaway Cay, I am hoping the kiddos can swim. I read somewhere that the weather is cool during December, maybe we will get lucky. I am sure we will have a great time no matter what happens in the end. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you and the random guy had a great relaxing time! :goodvibes

Castaway Cay looks amazing. I can hardly wait for next year.

So glad you had a good time.

Love the photos of that random guy!

Erika

Wow! Wow! Wow! Forget going to Castaway Cay for a day, I think I need to move there!!! But I don't want to work there, I just want to lie on the beach drinking Conch Coolers all day! Think they would let me do that? :rotfl:

:lmao: Come on, CP! I agree! Let's be the first in line to see if they will :rotfl:

I want to go there NOW!!! LOL!

DITTO!!!!! :cloud9:

great reports & photos thanks

Thank you for coming over to read!

Holy Moly - I want to go on a cruise! CC looks so beautiful and so relaxing! I can totally do drinks at 11AM! LIke you said, mimosas and bloody mary's are alcoholic, why not a conch cooler?

Thanks for the great photos! Looks like a fabulous time! :goodvibes

Sara

EXACTLY my logic! DH didn't hesitate to do the same thing :laughing:

It was a great few days!

Señor DonDuck;35835391 said:
Great CC pictures!

Thanks!

Sign me up for Castaway Cay!!! Wowza...love it! I hope the rumor you heard about a resort there is true because I could totally see spending days there!

Oh yeah, CP and I are already in line.. you can join us too! :rotfl:

Wow! Great updates with awesome pictures. Sounds like you had such a wonderful adult trip but would be awesome with the kids as well.

That is exactly why we are going to take them on the 5 day next summer with two CC stops. Disney was really smart giving their cruises a perfect balance of both worlds! Even with kids you can have adult time while on the ship :thumbsup2

We changed our mind a few weeks ago. We are doing the 4 day cruise over President's Day as well. We leave Sunday (the day before President's Day) on the Disney Dream. Is that when you leave? Tom and I talked and we were concerned over the 7 nights. Plus, he is insisting on a balcony. He is worried about his space (and I thought I was the claustrophic one). Our plan is to drive down and spend Saturday at Sea World, board the ship on Sunday, and then head to Walt Disney World the next three days and stay at the Grand Floridian . DS is going with us and we will celebrate his birthday on Friday at Magic Kingdom and our anniversary on Saturday. The Dream looks amazing. Jeremy is very excited about the Aqua Duck.

Erika

Wow!! That sounds great! We are going on that same 4 day! How funny! We are not bringing our kids, though. This is a short getaway for us -- the cruise with the boys in next summer, and is the 5 day 2 stops at CC. I agree the Aqua Duck does look really cool!!!!! We booked two cruises with the special "bounce back" type offer they have.

Castaway Cay looks amazing. I can hardly wait for next year.

So glad you had a good time.

Love the photos of that random guy!

Erika

:rolleyes: Thanks!! It was amazing, get excited!

We are headed for the Dream December 2011! We are really looking forward to it, and are praying for great weather. I get motion sickness so I have a plan for medication, never been on a cruise but DH and kiddies are looking forward to it, so I am going! :wizard:

Looking forward to Castaway Cay, I am hoping the kiddos can swim. I read somewhere that the weather is cool during December, maybe we will get lucky. I am sure we will have a great time no matter what happens in the end. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you and the random guy had a great relaxing time! :goodvibes

Well I don't know about cruising in December, but I am sure it will be very festive! If you take the right stuff you should be fine -- maybe check about that patch option. Yes, the random guy and I had a great time :upsidedow

Wow!! That sounds great! We are going on that same 4 day! How funny! We are not bringing our kids, though. This is a short getaway for us -- the cruise with the boys in next summer, and is the 5 day 2 stops at CC. I agree the Aqua Duck does look really cool!!!!! We booked two cruises with the special "bounce back" type offer they have.

:woohoo: Maybe we will run into each other! I hope that all goes well on this cruise. I really want to try a 7 day but was so afraid of motion sickness and wondering if we would like it or not. Plus, DH was insistent on the verandah. :sad2: That worries me even with DS being 8 going on 9 when we go. Plus, I am afraid of heights! Dear lord, with motion sickness and my fear of heights I might get off in the Bahamas and never go home :scared1:!

popcorn::Look forward to your next update!
'
Erika

Hi. I have been a lurker until yesterday when after reading such wonderful trip reports from you and other members I decided to jump in and admit that I too am addicted to disney !!!

We (my DH, DS8, DS7, and DD5 and I) have been to the WORLD countless times and went on the 4 day cruise for the first time in January last year. We had a lot to learn but had a wonderful time. At that time, they had a special offer where you could book another cruise in the fall for $99pp. How could we turn that down?? So we went on our three day cruise in mid august last year. We loved the experience on so many levels and the kids are always talking of going back.

I have really enjoyed your accounts of your trips. I must admit that I am very jealous of how your DH is right there on board with you when it comes to Disney. I am in the opposite camp of people with a DH who goes to Disney for the sake of family time but would rather be vacationing elsewhere (preferably exploring the great outdoors).

I wanted to ask you about the future cruises you booked while on board this past cruise. How much of a discount did you get and were you able to apply the discount to the cruise you had already booked with the kids for the summer of 2011?

Thank you once again for sharing and I look forward to reading more (so get going on writing!). :goodvibes

So after our last views of Castaway Cay, we finally headed back in our state room. Knowing we wanted to see the show and be ready for dinner at 8:30, we took showers and did a little preliminary packing The show this evening was called Disney Dreams, and was really neat to see. It was the same show, actually, thatwe had seen back on our first cruise, we don't recall much, but we remember liking it, and we remembered why as we watched! Again because of our dinner reservation being a little later, we had a little time to spare so we walked around, checked out the photo gallery (where they have all their pics that the photographers take on the ship -- it is called "shutters") and just walked around the mid ship area. I bought my souvenirs, and we also filled out cards for a future cruise quote...:rolleyes1

So tonight we were again enjoying dinner at Paolo's ... SIGH... Totally worth it! The food is so good!! We didn't leave before 11pm if that gives you any idea, and with the rain falling lightly outside, what hurry did we have? :goodvibes It was very leisurely, and fun. We had the same waiter, and enjoyed chatting with him and the other wait staff. When we returned from Paolo's we found this turndown and "friend"... Very appropriate for Pirates, don't you think??!!

(here is our door, in case you were wondering! what they looked like!!) ;)

Cruise2010117.jpg

A shot of the bathroom -- I think the bathrooms all over the ship are really cool. I know that sounds silly but they are cool! Great details and just neat stylistically (for a bathroom!)

Cruise2010128.jpg

Doesn't he look like the character from Pirates??!!

Cruise2010126.jpg

Cruise2010125.jpg

So we got ourselves organized in the stateroom and then with a little reading we fell asleep.
:goodvibes

THE NEXT MORNING...

We finished all our packing, we went up to get some breakfast (nothing inspiring), and we took our suitcases off the ship for disembarkation. We went through customs, and left the terminal! We were able to get a shuttle back to the hotel where our car was, and shortly after we were on our way up to 95, to our next destination, Disney's Hilton Head resort! :thumbsup2 We were anxious to get going so we could maximize our time in SC at HH. Everything to disembark was very efficient, and easy to do. I enjoyed everything about our cruise, and I can't wait to go again! I will add some cruise tips at the end with my souvenirs!

Cruise2010129.jpg

I will have my next post tomorrow, I intend to start my PTR (finally!!!) this weekend!!!! :yay:

I love the towel guy! It is so perfect for pirates.

What an incredibly relaxing three days. I will get on a DCL trip one of these days.

I can't wait to read/see HH.

Love the towel guy! :thumbsup2 He looks just like the POTC character! Can't wait to hear about Hilton Head!

Lovely last evening! I must admit, you had me looking at February cruises for 2011 after reading all about yours. We have a four-day weekend for President's Day, and it would be so nice to escape for an adults-only trip. I was so sad to read your cruise was over, but then, you reminded me about your night in Hilton Head. Looking forward to reading all about that now, and of course, seeing what souvenirs you picked up!

What a lovely evening! I can't wait to read all your tips. I have a ton of questions for you but I will wait and see if they are answered in the tips first.

Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter